• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just got back from Staples. They have the iPod Touch 32gb, 3rd Gen on clearance for $148. Strange, the 8gb on clearance was $168. Good luck hunting. I'm in Seattle area and they had a couple this morning at the Issaquah, WA store.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I was able to get an Apple Store to price match Staples. If I don't open it and go back next month when they have the 4... (more)

tightwadlet (Sep. 12, 2010 @ 2:24a) |

do they have more i would like to purchase 1...

SupreemScheem (Sep. 23, 2010 @ 2:22a) |

Just nip on over to your local store and ask them where they have the table with the stack of $148 ipod touchs. If they... (more)

vinouspleasure (Sep. 23, 2010 @ 10:37a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

A copy of your receipt would be helpful.

Topic was covered on SD. There's a receipt scan there from a store in Northern Cali.

Thank OP
I scored !!!
Even though the sign said out of stock !!!

Basset said: Thank OP
I scored !!!
Even though the sign said out of stock !!!

no luck for me / and it was supposedly in stock

woo..

Thanks OP. I got one in Cedar Grove, New Jersey.
You just made my day

Very good deal for 32gb 3rd gen iPod Touch!
It's 1/2 the cost of the 4th gen model that just came out!

wooohooo I scored one in VA!!
Thanks OP!

jwaterman611 said: wooohooo I scored one in VA!!

Where in VA?

Non in Southern CA.

Scored in CT. None left statewide per inventory checker.

Can anyone post a receipt scan please? that also has the store contact info. Its showing 279.99 in Chicago. The store manager said if I can bring a copy of receipt he will match it.

Check out SD. OP put up a scan.

Um. What is SD? Everyone references it, no one explains it... slick deals? that's the only thing i found for SD.

AlmostRoy said: Um. What is SD? Everyone references it, no one explains it... slick deals? that's the only thing i found for SD.You are correct. and it is at ..... .net not .com

Do coupons work on clearance iPod's?

OOS everywhere in SF Bay Area

Can someone link the inventory checker and SKU?

swmeister said: Can someone link the inventory checker and SKU?
Change the zip code.

sku is 828041

ganjagadget said: Do coupons work on clearance iPod's?The coupons state "not valid on ....... Apple products...". I tried to use one on an ipod a couple of weeks ago and it would not accept.

However since this a clearance item it may ring up different and the system may accept a coupon. The upc rings up on the receipt, not the Staples item number.

Some at SD have reported success with a coupon.

Upc - 885909301379
sku - 828041

swmeister said: Can someone link the inventory checker and SKU?

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesStoreInventory?URL...

Some people really dont understand the simple instruction "Dont call!".

Thanks op~

None in stock in Western NY. Thanks for saving a trip to the store. And why would anyone call, of course store employees will say they don't have it as they snatch up whatever is left, so just use the SKU checker or go to the place and look around.

went to one near chicago that the site said had inventory, got there and they claimed they were out of stock. never will know for sure

kerms said: went to one near chicago that the site said had inventory, got there and they claimed they were out of stock. never will know for sure
Which store did you go to? So that I save myself a trip.

Hello,

I like the ipod very much and i always hear the song on the ipod.

Thanks,
John Farris

The Bay Area stores ran out of stock a while ago. But this is definitely a very hot deal for those who managed to snag one. The 4th gen iPod Touch isn't worth the extra $150. Just go out and buy an actual camera.

Just scored one in NYC. Surprised I was the only one at the store that showed limited stock and I got the last one.

wow, it's great.

non in stock for OMAHA(NE).....

Cant find any in Central NJ!!!

No go for Richmond, VA area. The only one that showing stock in Parham Plaza (still showing stock) has a damaged one (the manager said that).

Thx OP! Just grabbed the last one in Burke, VA.

Just checked my Local Store in Youngstown OH, which said Low Stock Clearance on the inventory checker. When I asked the associate to check for me he stated...um Ipod touch...I think we've been outta those for a long time...but let me check in the Locker. He goes into this locker room and shuts the door and comes out in 1 min stating he has a bunch of ipod nanos but no touches. He then said his manager was looking for one and had called 4 stores searching and he thinks the price was something like $149. That's a nice change of story from um I think we've been out for a long time to knowing the exact price. More examples of ahole employees holding items in the back.

vandelay101 said: Just checked my Local Store in Youngstown OH, which said Low Stock Clearance on the inventory checker. When I asked the associate to check for me he stated...um Ipod touch...I think we've been outta those for a long time...but let me check in the Locker. He goes into this locker room and shuts the door and comes out in 1 min stating he has a bunch of ipod nanos but no touches. He then said his manager was looking for one and had called 4 stores searching and he thinks the price was something like $149. That's a nice change of story from um I think we've been out for a long time to knowing the exact price. More examples of ahole employees holding items in the back.

I know people work at Staple already hiding these for their "friends or family". Good luck if you can still find one.

squatter said: vandelay101 said: Just checked my Local Store in Youngstown OH, which said Low Stock Clearance on the inventory checker. When I asked the associate to check for me he stated...um Ipod touch...I think we've been outta those for a long time...but let me check in the Locker. He goes into this locker room and shuts the door and comes out in 1 min stating he has a bunch of ipod nanos but no touches. He then said his manager was looking for one and had called 4 stores searching and he thinks the price was something like $149. That's a nice change of story from um I think we've been out for a long time to knowing the exact price. More examples of ahole employees holding items in the back.

I know people work at Staple already hiding these for their "friends or family". Good luck if you can still find one.

I think so too

I just tried the store in Ellicott City, Maryland at 8:20AM, and the cashier told me that they had just sold the last one (the display model).

Skipping 59 Messages...
SupreemScheem said: do they have more i would like to purchase 1...

Just nip on over to your local store and ask them where they have the table with the stack of $148 ipod touchs. If they say they don't, demand to see the manager and tell him you have the special password which is "Idonotreadthreadsbeforeposting". He'll lead you the promised land.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014