• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Lowes has a rebate deal on Johns Manville Fiberglass Insulation.

Purchase $399 or more of qualifying in-stock Johns Manville insulation to receive a $100-$200 gift card.
Purchases of $399-$598.99 = $100 gift card;
Purchases of $599-$798.99 = $150 gift card;
Purchases of $799 or more = $200 gift card.
(Purchase amounts are after discounts and before taxes)

I used a 10% movers coupon, stacked a 10% military discount(YMMV), and will be applying for the 30% energy rebate.

The Lowes website says this offer runs through 9/25 but the rebate form itself says 10/25.
This wasn't advertised in-store, but the rebate did print out on the receipt too.

Rebate
Federal Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

AWESOME! Thanks dirtyemu

dirtyemu said: (Purchase amounts are after discounts and before taxes)

Fixed that for you.

Lowes Rebate Form said: Final purchase amount must be $399 or more before taxes and
after all applicable discounts and/or instant rebates to qualify.

Good catch MoonlitHollow. I copied and pasted that from the product page on the Lowes website and didn't notice it.

It this insulation better in any way than the blown insulation? Price aside, what are the pros and cons of one vs another?

Blown insulation is nasty after a few years in the attic, I have first hand experience with that. But batted insulation may take longer to put in depending on your roof pitch.

CardinalDeal said: It this insulation better in any way than the blown insulation? Price aside, what are the pros and cons of one vs another?

Blown insulation more easily fills up small spaces, so you're less likely to have gaps, and its arguably easier to put down. Plus, you can add as much or as little of it as you want to get the desired R value.

We decided to get the comfortherm rolls to add to an existing 3 inches of fiberglass in our attic. The JM comfortherm fiberglass is poly encapsulated, meaning you have less contact with the nasty fibers when laying it. We ultimately decided to stick with the batted insulation as we will need to do work up there in the near future. With this sort, we will be able to just move it when we need to.

It looks like lots of the JM brand are formaldehyde-free insulation. Home Depot has Owens Corning for the exact same price plus Cash Back (but no 10% off coupon).

WHAT IS FORMALDEHYDE-FREE INSULATION?

FYI, they renewed the deal. Good until 12/31 now!

padstack said: FYI, they renewed the deal. Good until 12/31 now!New Lowes Rebate form:
NEW REBATE FORM

Today is the last day for this....
Rebate valid until 12/13/2010 NOT 12/31/2010

If you do not have a 10% coupon, call them and they will give you 10%off (only if you place the order over the phone)

oh, I missed the deal now. I was thinking it will be ended 12/31/2010 ~~~~

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014