• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Couldnt find this posted already, forgive me if its already been covered, but it was huge for me.

Verizon Employee's (VZB, VZT, VZW) now get the Ultimate Triple Play offer for $74.99. The website says partners get a discount as well, but I couldnt find a list of companies. I would say if you get a discount already with Verizon, go ahead and give it a shot.

The package included the following:

Ultimate HD
Internet 35/35 up/down
Unlimited Digital Voice Phone
EPIX
NFL Red Zone Channel

I added Showtime and Stars for another $10 bucks.

Keep in mind, this doesnt include the DVR's and STB's. But for me, I basically got a huge upgrade on internet, and the free phone service, for what I was already paying.

Here is the link to see if you qualify:

www.verizon.com/verizonconnections

Hope this helps some of you like it helped me!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I need to go back in to work and click on 'learn more about the offer...' and find out what the real deal is.
Was on the ... (more)

Pstreicher (Oct. 25, 2010 @ 6:17p) |

I found IBM, CITIGROUP and Southwest Securities have FIOS discounts.

pruks (Nov. 03, 2010 @ 4:30p) |

I have a dilemma. I am using my military email address and am getting the email that discounts are available, but the Ar... (more)

alfredtv (Jan. 03, 2011 @ 1:57p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Where is the Verizon Connections discount available?
The Verizon Connections discount is available where Verizon provides residential voice and HSI data services or FiOS voice, data and TV services.in the following states:
California
Delaware
Florida
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Jersey
New York
Pennsylvania
Texas
Virginia
Washington, DC
Customers that are not in eligible territory and try to register for the Verizon Connections program will receive the following message: "You are not in a service area that is eligible to receive the Employee Discount."

Any one else not get their information to submit? I am a NY state employee, and receive a 19% discount on Verizon Wireless - but when I try to submit my information, it asks me to "Please verify the Email ID and try again".

I keep on getting "Please verify the Email ID and try again" when I enter my information to check on this... Anyone else getting this?

Yep, I get the same error message.

I get same error.

I am chatting with support - not valid for Montgomery County Public Schools or Johns Hopkins University. and according to the customer service rep: "I apologize, I am not able to provide you with a copy of the list." when asking for a copy. DOH!

I got the same error message.

I got $10 discount which is not attractive at all.

So "Please verify the Email ID and try again. " would just mean that my woprk company does not "partner" with Verizon for Triple Play... VZ employees should not get that erro... correct ?

Sweet...this saved me more than $10 over what I had and went from 15/5 to 35/35 and added phone and Red Zone...

Verizon Triple Play $0.00 $74.99
FiOS Digital Voice - Unlimited Plan
FiOS TV Ultimate HD
HBO/Cinemax
Movie Package Ultimate HD
EPIX
FiOS Internet Service Up to 35 Mbps/35 Mbps
Two-year agreement plan n/a n/a
1st Month Bundle Subtotal $0.00 $74.99

Your 1st month total includes the following special offers and savings:
Ultimate Employee Free TV

$5 Credit for 24 Months

Quick edit to say I'm a VZW employee and I haven't seen this around work so it's new to me also... but a great deal !!!

Nia

I know NYC teachers get a discount on their wireless bill, but I dont know if it works with FIOS

No service in Michigan.

No service in Michigan.

We have service in NJ - we have 20% discounts on wireless, but doesn't seem to work for Fios

Too bad they aren't in Alabama yet.

Interesting thread with interesting comments. Info on deals and actual bills for FIOS is so varied, by source, by market and especially from VZ CSRs.

Heard, but not confirmed CV offers employees service at no charge but does charge them for equipment. Not confirmed.

A list of 'Partners' companies was my first question and expected might have to be obtained, probably needs to be accumulated slowly - perhaps by trial and error - from those at FW and others, or perhaps we'll get lucky.

Second question was whether the list would relate at all to Verizon Wireless discount 'eligibles'. VZ and VZW are separate companies. VZ only owns a majority of VZW. Will be curious what happens. CEO of VZ is supposed to be substantial driver of FIOS but based on recent news likely to retire next year. Other news reports VZ bringing in new president reporting to CEO and that person is from VZW. Perhaps the 'tie-in' between VZ and VZW will be closer, especially as POTS lines continue to be lost.

BTW, don't know if mentioned in separate thread here or not, and do not have the 'service', but have seen reports of FIOS 'Digital Voice' service as alternate to the 'POTS' which has been on FIOS fiber, being available; could offer more features and save 'fees'.

Sorry in advance, if repeated info, to which some object; would welcome any additional info.

It works... Easy $10 per month discount for U.S. Department of Labor.

horizon6 said: ...Second question was whether the list would relate at all to Verizon Wireless discount 'eligibles'. VZ and VZW are separate companies. VZ only owns a majority of VZW. Will be curious what happens. CEO of VZ is supposed to be substantial driver of FIOS but based on recent news likely to retire next year. Other news reports VZ bringing in new president reporting to CEO and that person is from VZW. Perhaps the 'tie-in' between VZ and VZW will be closer, especially as POTS lines continue to be lost. ... I believe VZ would like to have a closer tie-in with VZW and I believe it would be good for consumers and stockholders alike however, it's FCC regulations that prevent them from doing so. When VZ relocated its headquarters to NJ a few years back, they couldn't even take space in the same building that houses VZW as they are prohibited from sharing the same building.

Offered me 10$ discount but have to have a triple play package. Right now I only have Internet. Not worth it to me to upgrade.

I got the email and went in but I have the quad bundle and got this message "We're sorry, but the Ultimate Employee Discount cannot be combined with your current bundle that includes Verizon Wireless service."

Presumably I'd have to unbundle but I had enough trouble with my current package (which is the same thing that is being shown here). I am afraid to break it and find I am not able to get the $75 price.

Our company gets 20% VZW discount but the above website did not accept my work email address.

Put your company name in here. https://www22.verizon.com/FORYOURHOME/GOFLOW/employeeflow/EmpDiscountProgramNW.aspx

It will suggest other names and we can build a list.

bobley said: Put your company name in here. https://www22.verizon.com/FORYOURHOME/GOFLOW/employeeflow/EmpDis...

It will suggest other names and we can build a list.
nm

I told a co-worker about it and he was able to get $10/mo discount. He's on the initial $90 bundle deal with slow (15/5) Internet and no movie channels but he's happy with that and the $10. Has anyone who does not have service been offered the $75 bundle with 35/35 Internet and all of the movie channels that the Verizon employee described being offered? That's the bundle I have, I am paying $95 but that is because they quoted me the wrong price when I switched to FiOS Digital Voice and I had to go to the executive resolution office to get it resolved (I am getting a $40/mo credit to fix it).

Thanks OP. My company is eligible for Partner discounts and I got $10 off monthly Bill. I am paying $90 for triple play (PrimeHD, 15/15, phone). Hope it will show up correctly on my billing statement.BTW, I am in TX.

Actually if you put the first two letters followed by %, you will get all matching company names...e.g. VE% will show:

We didnít find a match to the company name, did you mean
VERIZON
VERIZON CORE CETC TESTING
VERIZON ONE CETC TESTING
VERITEST
VeriSign
Veterans Administration

Easy way to check for other names your company may be listed...

It seems working for me:
--------------------------------------
Almost there!

Now, check your work email for a message from Verizon to see how you qualify.

But the price is not that impressive.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Verizon Triple Play
FiOS TV Ultimate HD
HBO/Cinemax
Movie Package Ultimate HD
EPIX
FiOS Internet Service Up to 35 Mbps/35 Mbps
FiOS Digital Voice - Unlimited Plan
20 calling features

$94.99
1st Month Bundle Subtotal
$94.99

It did said "$20/month OFF for 24 months", but I am not sure if this is already included in the $94.99 or not.

Has anybody actually rec'd a bill for this? Verizon is notorious for billing all the fees outside of the package offering while others include them within the prices. I wonder how much I would actually have to pay for a $75 monthly plan? Anybody know?

By the way, I am in Texas...

Got a $10 discount per month on something that I was already paying for.

Hot deal! Thanks OP

Thanks OP! I'm a VZT employee, but I've been off on maternity leave for a few months, and didn't know about this offer.

sherry7 said: Thanks OP! I'm a VZT employee, but I've been off on maternity leave for a few months, and didn't know about this offer.

Seems current Verizon employees don't know about this offer either. I got off the phone with a CSR who vehemently denied that such a program existed when I inquired about signing up for it. He said only the wireless discount was available.

My issue is with keeping the same home number as I will switch the bill to my name and take advantage of the monthly savings.

I fill out the form and get the following:
Sorry, we are unable to complete your order at this time. Please contact the Verizon eCenter to obtain additional details about your account.

When you call, please provide the representative with this Reference Number: 33421.

Verizon eCenter:
1-888-710-0671

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET

Anyone else getting this? Not sure if this means I don't get the discount or not. My employer does get 23% on cell phone but not sure about anything else. Still at work so haven't had a chance to call yet.

UPDATE: My employer DOES have this but Verizon has known issues with their registration page. If you get the above error, they said to try again in the next few days.

abyss2000 said: It seems working for me:
--------------------------------------
Almost there!

Now, check your work email for a message from Verizon to see how you qualify.

But the price is not that impressive.

It did said "$20/month OFF for 24 months", but I am not sure if this is already included in the $94.99 or not.

How can you say that $95/mo for 35/35 Internet and TV will all of the movie channels is "not that impressive"? Can you do better with your cable provider?

csukenic said: Has anybody actually rec'd a bill for this? Verizon is notorious for billing all the fees outside of the package offering while others include them within the prices. I wonder how much I would actually have to pay for a $75 monthly plan? Anybody know?
As does your cable company, I am sure. Yes, there are fees and you will have to pay rent for a cable box. Figure $20 more a month. Maybe a little less if you get FiOS Digital Voice and do not have to pay the $6.41 FCC Line Charge.

I was finally able to get logged in and the "discounts" are terrible. They must change depending on your employer. Here is what I have now:

Verizon Freedom Essentials Phone
FiOS up to 20/5 internet
Extreme HD TV
$99 per month

Here are the "discounts" I was offered:

FiOS up to 15/5 internet
Prime HD TV
$99 per month with 2 year contract

FiOS up to 25/25 internet
Extreme HD TV
$115 per month with 2 year contract

FiOS up to 35/35 internet
Ultimate HD TV
Epix movies
$130 per month with 2 year contract

So I can pay the same price for LESS channels and SLOWER internet plus a 2 year contract. Wow, what a deal! I just got a flyer in the mail that I can get their first choice for $89 with no contract even though this "deal" allows me to have it for $99 with 2 year contract.

I need to go back in to work and click on 'learn more about the offer...' and find out what the real deal is.
Was on the phone with a customer service rep and was given the website but it was wrong.
Luckily, searching google I found this site and I had to add an 's' on the end of the web address she gave me to get to the offer.
I entered my employee i.d. and it said I will have an email waiting now and to follow up with that.
Now, my question is, I am replying to this email as you state something about the first month for $79.99, then what?
Or, after 24 months, what happens? Is there a time where the employee offer expires and you will begin to pay regular pricing?
Thanks for your help here,
Paul Streicher
Vz Florida

I found IBM, CITIGROUP and Southwest Securities have FIOS discounts.

I have a dilemma. I am using my military email address and am getting the email that discounts are available, but the Army blocks all URLs. I have tried 2 times to chat online with a VZW rep and both times they said they were going to get me a number but dropped from the chat. does anyone know of another way to get the URL or a specific number i can call to check the discounts?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014