• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://spe.atdmt.com/ds/UXUNYAPLBAPB/2010_Lunch_Test_Campaign/Ap...

check w/your local Applebees to see if they offer this deal. Varies by market/location, etc.

www.applebees.com

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

No meat?

thanks

tinkleondabeach said: No meat?

yes, bacon bits on your salad.

MISTERCHEAP said: tinkleondabeach said: No meat?

Most good salad bars have little chunks of meat to put in the salad, such as diced ham etc. If it only has bacon bits, that's a cheap salad.

Does it have fat-free and lowfat dressing?

Is there a variety of soups or just a soup du jour?

Is it good stuff, or just cheap stuff?

How good is the bread?

9000 said: MISTERCHEAP said: tinkleondabeach said: No meat?

Most good salad bars have little chunks of meat to put in the salad, such as diced ham etc. If it only has bacon bits, that's a cheap salad.

How good is the bread?

yes, no, yes, maybe, possibly, Nail Soup, Stone Soup, bread has crumbs.

9000 said: MISTERCHEAP said: tinkleondabeach said: No meat?

How good is the bread?

If it's like the rest of their food I'm sure it's not very good. I remember the days when Applebees actually had good food. But much like Perkins they seem to have gone the way of cutting corners and not caring about taste or quantity. The last time I got the fettuccine alfredo there was hardly any sauce. Basically just pasta noodles...so I asked for more. Then when I got the bill I noticed they charged me 1.95 for more sauce without even telling me! But I will admit, I still head there for their half priced apps during happy hour because their wings are still a pretty good deal

interesting, but any details on the soups?

applebee's offers bread?

VivYip said: interesting, but any details on the soups?

applebee's offers bread?

this seems to be being rolled out by markets. Pretty sure it's in Richmond, VA area, Tampa, FL area, etc. Not sure how widespread it is, but obviously they are trying to compete with Olive Garden's Soup/Salad lunch special.

Please check with your area Applebee's to be sure they offer it prior to driving there and wasting your gas.

What no gravy ? !

come at 11am, stay 'til 4pm ?

Hey, it doesn't say ALL YOU WANT TO EAT.....it says ALL YOU CAN EAT !

Thanks

They also have 2 for $20 at http://www.applebees.com/2for20.aspx

Our Applebees is really hit or miss.
The lunch menu has a few combos starting at $5.99

Create your favorite combo. Choose any two!
Available Monday thru Friday until 3PM.

Simmering Soups
French Onion Soup
Tomato Basil Soup
Chili
Soup of the Day

Sensational Salads
Asian Crunch Salad
Grilled Shrimp ‘N Spinach Salad
Oriental Chicken Salad
Caesar Salad

Sandwiches & Pasta
Three-Cheese Chicken Penne
Applebee’s Reuben
California Turkey Club
French Dip Sliders

All lunch-sized combos, except those that include a sandwich, are served with toasted side bread.

I think they have a very good salad bar with better than average selection. The brocolli salad and Waldorf fruit salad are both good.

And they have real bacon and ham.

MsMay said: Our Applebees is really hit or miss.
The lunch menu has a few combos starting at $5.99

Create your favorite combo. Choose any two!
Available Monday thru Friday until 3PM.

Simmering Soups
French Onion Soup
Tomato Basil Soup
Chili
Soup of the Day

Sensational Salads
Asian Crunch Salad
Grilled Shrimp ‘N Spinach Salad
Oriental Chicken Salad
Caesar Salad

Sandwiches & Pasta
Three-Cheese Chicken Penne
Applebee’s Reuben
California Turkey Club
French Dip Sliders

All lunch-sized combos, except those that include a sandwich, are served with toasted side bread.

The Applebee's I've been to here in North Alabama/Middle Tennessee DO NOT have Salad Bars, & the All-You-Can-Eat Combo is only for Soup & Salad (does NOT include Pasta or Sandwich), and the only ones you can choose from are those listed above in the "Choose your Favorite Combo".

Before they started this new promotion, the AYCE S&S was $6.99, but they would bring you a fresh cup of soup or salad only from those choices. Also you better be on your toes, if you only have an hour or so for lunch, as the wait-staff is all over the place, the kitchen staff can take FOREVER to pour another cup of soup or grill a shrimp & they're not always ready when you are, so order your next S&S duo as soon as they bring you your 1st serving (maybe this is how they keep costs down: if you can't eat another serving before you gotta run, they save those pennies for the bottom line. Cha-Ching!) Also, they DO include slices of bread, but it's nothing special, so I guess they don't make a big deal of it in the menu, but you do get it.

Going to a buffet that doesn't allow you to get your own food has got to be a no-no. Same w/ IHOP's all you can eat pancakes. What a joke.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014