• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples has the Kindle 3rd Generation - 3G + Wi-Fi model for the standard $189.99.

Use a $30 off $150 coupon from one of the previously talked about sites (google if unsure where). The coupon is normally $4.99 or less.

Staples price = $189.99
Coupon Cost = $4.99
SubTotal = $194.98
Minus $30 Coupon = $164.98

Worked great for me at Staples.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Wait by your computer for email. But I have had a Staples business account for many years and have never got any coupons... (more)

jimates (Oct. 26, 2010 @ 8:30p) |

Went to the store tonight and was going to order another one. OOS for every model at the Staples Kiosk.

jimates (Oct. 31, 2010 @ 12:52a) |

Does anyone see new Kindle DX yet at Staples store? My store only has a black card board 'coming soon'.

f2000sa (Nov. 05, 2010 @ 3:38p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

+10 tax. better than nothing i suppose.

Wow...$5 is the going rate for a Staples coupon? I need to get into this business :-P

Yeah, they are expensive coupons but I wanted the Kindle and it made it a bit cheaper. For me, with tax (Amazon or Staples), the price came to $26.34 cheaper.

Amazon price with tax (NY) = $204.12
Staples price with tax (NY) = $177.78 (with the $4.99 coupon)

Target takes 30% off when someone returns a Kindle and they then have to sell it as 'open box'. I have found several that way. Opened box, but brand new. $132.30 plus tax.

Please post a link. I can't seem to find the kindle on Staples.com. Thanks.

nameless007 said: Please post a link. I can't seem to find the kindle on Staples.com. Thanks.

I think the whole purpose for Amazon allowing Staples to sell the Kindle is to give customers a hands-on experience before buying. As such, it is B&M only AFAIK.

Kindle wifi - 904798
Kindle 3g/wifi - 904796

Inventory Checker
replace the zip code with yours and enter correct item number

"http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesStoreInventory?URL=&errorUrl=&partNumber=904798&catentryId=&address1=&city=&state=&zipCode=15931&distance=100"

Hopefully they will have some after the ink rewards come out later this month. I will get the wifi version for
$139.00
-$25.00 coupon
-$100.00 ink rewards check
-$20 ink rewards check
+$0.99 coupon cost
+$10.50 empty ink carts from eBay
$5.49 final price for a new Kindle for my daughter for Christmas.

And I hope to do the same deal next month with this months $100 ink rewards.

Get one of these accessory kits from Amazon for $17.96

I got : Not sold at this location

uafgrad said: nameless007 said: Please post a link. I can't seem to find the kindle on Staples.com. Thanks.

I think the whole purpose for Amazon allowing Staples to sell the Kindle is to give customers a hands-on experience before buying. As such, it is B&M only AFAIK.
Yes, I think it even states in the ad that the items are in-store only.

uafgrad said: Target takes 30% off when someone returns a Kindle and they then have to sell it as 'open box'. I have found several that way. Opened box, but brand new. $132.30 plus tax.
where's the best place to look in the store for this? I didn't see anything in the same case as the new ones.
thanks.

I wonder if the buying experience @ Staples will be similar to that I experienced with the prior $250 laptop deal...
- If you're getting a Kindle, you need a router, a printer (for when the battery dies and you can't read what's in it), virus protection (for those dirty books), and of course, the dreaded extended warranty.

the store in my town doesn't accept the coupon when you buy kindle. Is there anyone actually used a coupon on kindle?

I checked San Mateo Staples Y'day. They also confirmed that they wont accept coupons for Kindle.

hqfking said: the store in my town doesn't accept the coupon when you buy kindle. Is there anyone actually used a coupon on kindle?

I used 25 off 100. I couldn't find 30 off coupon for store purchases.

I just went to Staples and they read the conditions and agreed it wasn't a laptop or desktop. Bought it for $139-25=$114 plus tax 8% = about $123.

My boss just used a $25 off $75 for one yesterday in Newark, Delaware.

Store won't accept it for Kindle. But I just bought mine through Amazon anyway.

Used a 25/100 coupon and $100 in Staples gift cards (thanks discover!) in Huntsville, Alabama today. Got the last wi-fi kindle.

great deal, thanks for posting.

jimates said: Kindle wifi - 904798

Hopefully they will have some after the ink rewards come out later this month. I will get the wifi version for

when does the ink rewards checks get sent ? Does Staples accept catridges without print heads ?

how do you get the coupon OTHER than buying it?

nameless007 said: Please post a link. I can't seem to find the kindle on Staples.com. Thanks.You can't find it online except from the kiosk in the store.

wifi model is item number 904798.

I ordered one from the store kiosk and used 2 coupons.

Same as last time they had a % off coupon, it doesn't matter which order the cashier scans the coupons. It takes the 15% off first and then any remaining coupons. I used 2 of them today.

I ordered a Kindle wifi from the in store kiosk and used a 15% coupon and a $25/75 coupon.
$139.99
-$21.00 - 15% off instore purchase
-$25.00 - $25 off $75 coupon
-$93.99 - $100 ink rewards check
$0.00 final price

Search at Staples.com for the item number (904798) or "Kindle" doesn't return any Kindles. I didn't think it was available online but when I typed in "kindle" at the kiosk it returned both models and some accessories.
I wish I had that $100 check from this month.

sunrise said: jimates said: Kindle wifi - 904798

when does the ink rewards checks get sent ? Does Staples accept catridges without print heads ?
This month they came out on the 17th. Staples takes any ink carts.

rawrpuff said: how do you get the coupon OTHER than buying it?Wait by your computer for email. But I have had a Staples business account for many years and have never got any coupons except the ones that everybody gets.

I don't bother with the $30/$150 coupons because they cost $5 and the person I buy coupons from doesn't sell them. I get $25/$75 coupons for $1 so I only miss out on $1.

I checked eBay, why would anyone pay $150+ (consistently) when they are $140 at Amazon.

Went to the store tonight and was going to order another one. OOS for every model at the Staples Kiosk.

Does anyone see new Kindle DX yet at Staples store? My store only has a black card board 'coming soon'.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014