• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
It seems that Kmart/Sears is trying to somewhat emulate Amazon prime and is offering a year of free standard shipping on mailable items for $79.00. They currently are selling a 30 day trial (for 5 cents) which you must cancel 5 days prior to the end of your trial to avoid being charged the full amount. ShipVantage will also work at Craftsman.com, Kenmore.com, and MyGofer.com (They may credit the nickel back, I just never saw mention of that... and risking a nickel isn't a big worry to me.)

One last note and word of warning before this post all becomes an overabundance of pasted information, reviews of the service fluctuate wildly with some people loving it and many others finding it to be a total PITA with canceling. Reviews at Sears really have people tearing into it for some extreme cancellation issues. I can't speak to this personally so I would advise caution. Either use a gift card that won't have enough funds on it (and leave no other card on file in your account) or cancel through the chat feature so you can verify it's canceled. (I've been reading reviews where people were having issues canceling easily, several people found that going through assist, on the left of the screen, then chat allowed them to talk to someone who could cancel it for them. They verified it was canceled by checking their status on the rewards tab where the ShipVantage section should show expired when it is canceled.)

"If You do not cancel your membership in ShipVantage at least 5 days prior to the expiration of this trial membership, you hereby authorize Us to charge your credit/debit card designated in your profile as your primary payment card for the current annual membership fee of $79.00"

Kmart's ShipVantage 30 Day Trial FAQ Page
30 Day Trial Purchase Page

The nitty gritty details:

Free Standard Shipping
$0.99 per item for expedited shipping
$3.99 per item for premium shipping
(on mailable items only)

ShipVantage30 Day Free Trial Membership FAQ

What's Included With My ShipVanatge30 Day Free Trial Membership?

Your ShipVantage Membership benefits start the moment you sign up for ShipVantage- so get started today! Your membership provides FREE Standard shipping on all mailable items sold at Sears or Kmart. No minimum purchase is required and ship as often as you like. Plus, as a ShipVantage member you will always receive the best shipping offer available with your purchase. For example, if we offer all Sears/Kmart customers free Expedited shipping on a particular item, you too will receive that discount if your purchase fulfills the requirements of the promotion.

What Does ShipVantage Cost?
Your first 30 days are absolutely FREE. When you sign up for ShipVanatge Free 30 Day Trial Membership you'll receive FREE standard shipping on all mailable Sears and Kmart items. Plus, get Expedited shipping for only .99 cents per item or Premium shipping for $3.99 per item. And as always- there is no minimum purchase required and you may ship as many orders as you like.

How Do I Extend My ShipVantage Membership Benefits?
After your ShipVanatge 30 Day Free Trial Membership is over, we will automatically enroll you in our ShipVantage Annual Membership for $79.00 one time fee (that's less than $7.00 per month) for 12 months. You ill enjoy all the same benefits you've enjoyed during your ShipVanatge 30 Day Trial Membership- FREE standard shipping on all mailable items sold at Sears and Kmart and so much more!

Are Delivered Items Included?
Delivered items are larger items such as furniture and major appliances and are not available for the ShipVantage program. The ShipVantage program applies only to mailable items.

Are There Any Additional Items Not Covered By ShipVantage?
Yes. Please see the Terms and Conditions for full details.

ShipVantage Annual Membership $79.00 FAQ

What's Included With My ShipVantage Annual Membership?

Your ShipVantage Membership benefits start the moment you sign up for ShipVantage- so get started today! Your membership provides FREE Standard shipping on all mailable Sears and Kmart items for 12 months. No minimum purchase is required and ship as often as you like. Plus, as a ShipVantage member you will always receive the best shipping offer available with your purchase. For example, if we offer all Sears/Kmart customers free Expedited shipping on a particular item, you too will receive that discount if your purchase fulfills the requirements of the promotion.

What Does ShipVantage Cost?
When you sign up for ShipVantage Annual Membership for $79.00 (that's less than $7.00 per month), you'll receive FREE standard shipping on all mailable items sold at Sears and Kmart. Plus, get Expedited shipping for only .99 cents per item or Premium shipping for $3.99 per item. And as always- there is no minimum purchase required and you may ship as many orders as you like.

How Can I Renew My ShipVantage Annual Membership Benefits?
For your convenience your ShipVantage membership will automatically renew unless canceled. You will be notified by email before your membership is up for renewal.

Are Delivered Items Included?
Delivered items are larger items such as furniture and major appliances and are not available for the ShipVantage program. The ShipVantage program applies only to mailable items.

Are There Any Additional Items Not Covered By ShipVantage?
Yes. Please see the Terms and Conditions for full details.

The Welcome Email with Cancellation Info (I'd still double check using the online chat feature):

Welcome to your ShipVantageŽ trial Membership!

We are so convinced that you will love the benefits of a ShipVantageŽ membership that we are giving you the next 30 days to enjoy them for FREE! That's unlimited standard shipping on any mailable order*. Shop as often as you like, and the standard shipping on mailable orders are on us!

ShipVantageŽ members receive special rates for Expedited Shipping (two-day) is only .99 cents per item and Premium Shipping (overnight) is only $3.99 per item.

At the end of your 30 day ShipVantageŽ trial, for your convenience, your credit card on file in your profile will be charged the $79 annual membership fee. If you do not wish to continue your membership, you must contact the Sears Customer Care Center at (800) 349-4358 or our Kmart Customer Care Center at (866) 562-7848 or our mygofer Customer Care Center at (800) 810-5891 at least 5 days prior to the start of your renewed annual membership.

You will continue to save with NO standard shipping fees on all mailable items*.

With ShipVantageŽ you can Shop, Ship and Relax!.

Best regards,

The ShipVantageŽ Team!

Don't forget, if you go shopping that Kmart has 3% Cashback and a $5 off of $50 coupon: KMART5OFF50 and Sears is at 2% Cashback with their own $5 of $50 coupon: SEARS5OFF50

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Am I missing something, the first line says free shipping for $79. Sort of like a free cell phone if comit to spending hundreds of dollars in contract. Not really free now its it?

Probably it will not include things like TVs and similar heavier items:

"The Program is limited to small parcel items that can be shipped via USPS, UPS or FedEx, are sold by Sears and Kmart on the Sites and that are shipped to continental United States addresses, excluding Alaska, Hawaii, but excluding P.O. boxes, APO/FPO and U.S. territories, and possessions ("Eligible Purchases"). Though Two-Day and Express shipping benefits do not apply to the above excluded addresses, Program Members are entitled to free Standard shipping on Eligible Purchases shipped to P.O. boxes in the continental U.S. and APO/FPO addresses with U.S. zip codes. At Our sole discretion, We may exclude products from being Eligible Purchases including, but not limited to, oversize or heavy items, items regulated as hazardous materials, alcohol, appliances, fitness equipment, and other items with special shipping characteristics. Products sold by third parties or through third-party web sites are NOT considered Eligible Purchases for purposes of the Program."

Yeah lots of people will look at this topic and wonder why they pay $79 to get "free" shipping.

Not worth the trouble. And a pain in the butt to cancel. Better off using coupons at Sears.com and avoid Kmart.con like the plague.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014