• 16789 10
  • Page
  • Text Only
I am very happy with Directv and_ their service has been great !

DirecTV prices going up in February. Not sure how this will effect this deal.

Well, I just tried to get this deal by signing up as a new customer (I had done this 2 yrs ago with no problem) and got denied (they must have updated their checks on this - even though I was signing up with a new phone/email/name, they said that since there's currently service at this address they can't do it (I told them that my wife was leaving and that she wanted the service disconnected, not transferred to me). They said that it has to be the 2 yrs without or I need to fax in a document verifying this. Anybody else run into this and/or have a work-around?

Starz rebate got denied with reason that start of service date wasn't included. No word on the other rebate yet. I think time has run out to submit it anyway.

Be careful with directv reps. They promise a lot to get you to sign up for the service and then it turns out not to be true. Record the conversation or have it in writing.

kimagure said:   Be careful with directv reps. They promise a lot to get you to sign up for the service and then it turns out not to be true. Record the conversation or have it in writing.
I AGREE!.... Had DTV a few years ago, they promised the world but after install they tried to deny me the deal I was quoted from the rep and tried to charge me a lot more for the package. Fortunately I had the rep put everything about the offer in WRITING! He was reluctant, but I made sure he put everything on the original order form.... without this in writing I would have been screwed. By the way, I will never use DTV again, their customer service was the worst I have ever encountered. Every time there was a problem it was never their fault or the fault of their eqipment, had to constantly argue with them to get them to remove charges for service calls due to their junk equipment. Finally, after almost of year of lousy service and problems and hours of aggravation I paid them to get out of my contract. While I will agree that none of these cable/internet providers are customer friendly, my experience with DTV was horrendous!

I did the deal online and everything worked out great. Had Directv about a year ago, so my spouse signed up and it went through just fine. I still get offers to come back weekly via email and mail, offer basically the same except no Costco card though they do offer to pay $200 for early termination fees. The installer did a nice job, eventhough I had service before, he replaced the dish and put on all new connectors to make sure I had the best possible signal. Just need to remember to call when the 3 months free are up with the premium channels. Had Comcast for about a year, it was ok, but had lots of billing issues which resulted in 6 or 7 calls to finally resolve.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014