• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
hmm...I'm not getting the extra $10 off to show up...followed mario's instructions 3x and it still shows same price ($29m for lowest package).

any ideas?

rated:
JessieMax said:   hmm...I'm not getting the extra $10 off to show up...followed mario's instructions 3x and it still shows same price ($29m for lowest package).

any ideas?

The $10 referral credit should show up in the cart under: Discounts - Referral credit for 10 months -$10.00. I just tried my account # and it took off $10.oo under the Choice package.

If you want the Choice Package for $29.99, you won't get free HD. So for $29.99 you have to select a Standard Receiver, otherwise if you select a HD Receiver they will add $10 for HD Service. If you have a HD tv the better option is to at least pick the Choice XTRA package where you can get the HD service for free.

Try deleting your cookies in your browser and try again.

rated:
I signed up on September 14th and it was installed on the 17th. I followed OP's instructions, kept checking for the Costco banner. It was there. Got the Refer-a-Friend discount right away. Just got an email saying the Costco $180 gift card has been FedExed.

Sweet deal. Sayonara Time Warner. Thanks OP.

-jj

rated:
Wow their servers are slow. After hitting confirm order, after 4-minutes, I finally got to the thank you for your order page, but it was blank!

Luckily I got an email confirmation and I was able to view my account online, schedule my installation and apply for the rebates. $10 refer a friend showed up in confirmation, so hopefully the Costco gift card is good to.

Anyone that has had an installation, does the installer bring the receivers?, and I assume you are charged immediately for the equipment, even if your install date is 30+ days out?

rated:
Directv installed our system on the 20th and FedEx just dropped off the Costco cash card today. Wow, that was fast. Only 8 days!

rated:
After the 20 minute long "can we do anything to keep you" spiel, I cancelled my service today that I'd had since 2004. Ordered in my wife's name and got the deal, along with the extra $10 a month off by using my sister's account for a referral. Installation is already scheduled for Saturday! Thanks to the OP for the instructions on this. I wouldn't have figured out the referral piece without them.

rated:
osujim99 said:   I came across some offers for Showtime and Starz that I hope will sweeten this deal. This will get you another $50 Cash Back.

There are $25 Cash Back rebates on their websites. You have to be a new subscriber and send in 3 months worth of your statements, which turns out to be free with Directv for first three months.

Starz $25 Cash Back

Showtime $25 Cash Back

I love FW, this will help recoup my $60 early termination fee with Dish.

rated:
johnsonshaw said:   After the 20 minute long "can we do anything to keep you" spiel, I cancelled my service today that I'd had since 2004. Ordered in my wife's name and got the deal, along with the extra $10 a month off by using my sister's account for a referral. Installation is already scheduled for Saturday! Thanks to the OP for the instructions on this. I wouldn't have figured out the referral piece without them.

Shouldn't me much of an installation.... Nice!

Mine is going in a new construction, and the room outlets haven't even been toned yet to all the unlabeled RG6 in the basement meeting point.... my installer will be there awhile I am thinking.

rated:
Just a reminder that offer ends 10/5

rated:
I can not get the extra $5 to show up for the premiere package.... the online promo. I can get the referral discount though. I can get the extra $5 off to show up in my cart if I add the package at directv.com first and then go through the costco website. If I do it this way (directtv.com first) then go to costco and check out will I still get the $180 gift card?!

rated:
Just got in on this. Still alive till the end of the day....

rated:
Offers been extended to 11/23/11, but they dropped it down to a $120 Costco cash card.

rated:
Just got the $180 Costco card after 5 days. This is FANTASTIC and thanks the OP.

I am not a Costco member. Can I still spend that card at Costco?

rated:
EthanWeisinger said:   Just got the $180 Costco card after 5 days. This is FANTASTIC and thanks the OP.

Yes you can. http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=10024438

"You must be a Costco member to purchase or reload Costco Cash Cards. Members and non-members may use the cash cards to shop at any Costco locaton in the United States, Puerto Rico or on costco.com. Costco Cash balances may be used toward membership or merchandise."

rated:
I made the mistake of calling DTV prior to completing my online order thru costco.com. Just wanted to clarify a few items re. service/installation and the rep assuredly told me that he could match any online offers including the Costco $180 cash card. He processed my order and all was well until I recently inquired about my Costco cash card whereabouts. I was told two weeks ago that yes, you are scheduled to receive your card. Today I called and spoke with three different supervisors (none could help me) and basically was told that in order to receive the Costco card requires completion of the order thru the Costco site.

Bottom line is that I was more than likely lied to by the rep who took my order.

Lesson learned.

rated:
bonkers said:   EthanWeisinger said:   Just got the $180 Costco card after 5 days. This is FANTASTIC and thanks the OP.

"You must be a Costco member to purchase or reload Costco Cash Cards. Members and non-members may use the cash cards to shop at any Costco locaton in the United States, Puerto Rico or on costco.com. Costco Cash balances may be used toward membership or merchandise."
I was just told today by a Costco employee that yes you can gain admittance to the store to use the gift card but for only one day or one time only. People apparently were buying gift cards for friends to circumvent the membership card (now who would think of that) YMMV

rated:
wtjc said:   bonkers said:   EthanWeisinger said:   Just got the $180 Costco card after 5 days. This is FANTASTIC and thanks the OP.

I was just told today by a Costco employee that yes you can gain admittance to the store to use the gift card but for only one day or one time only. People apparently were buying gift cards for friends to circumvent the membership card (now who would think of that) YMMV
She likely lied to you to discourage you and others from using Costco cash cards instead of buying a membership.

rated:
if you need more HD recievers this deal is better since you need for all tv view with dvr, inside store they wanted $50 for each extra getting $180 cash card and while its free 2 extra plus $120 cash card. plus you can do referrals which they dont tell you and the starz and showtime $25 back on each showing 3 months bills.

rated:
now you get 2 extra HD recievers free before you had to pay $50 for each if got more than 1 HD reciever, differences is $180 now $120 so you're ahead $40. they also they dont tell you referrals get you get extra money.

rated:
I started ordering process online. Was looking for two HD DVR's and two HD receivers. Had a question on the HD DVR's...so I called the 800 number. Was told by the rep that the DVR holds 100 hours. Was enough for me with the whole house option. THEN LEANRED POST INSTALLATION THAT YOU CANONLY PAUSE LIVE TV IN THE ROOM WITH THE DVR! Call the DirecTV number from the pamphlet left during install....was told it would cost me $199 + $100 service call! That was the day after install! Called the number back that called me to confirm install....without a problem the rep is sending the technician and second HD DVR at no charge! Net = $99 for two HD DVR's and two HD receivers. Got my $180 Costco GC via FedEx today (one week after install!)...even though I finished signup via the 800 number.
Net monthly for choice ultimate, whole home dvr, HD service, $10 monthly referral =$57.99 month plus tax.

Sweet! Thanks OP!

rated:
Had my installation for about 10 days now but have not received the Costco card.

rated:
I heard they drastically raise the rates the 2nd year and don't let you cancel for the Sunday package. Anyone have the same experience?

rated:
okunney said:   I heard they drastically raise the rates the 2nd year and don't let you cancel for the Sunday package. Anyone have the same experience?

They give you the rates for the second year, listed as months 12-24 before you sign up. You do have to be sure to cancel the Sunday ticket BEFORE it renews automatically. Once it renews you are stuck.

rated:
I still have not received my costco card. Had my installation on 10/7. I've called directv and the rep does not seem to know about it and gave me the phone number for the rebate status check. Anyone had the same problem?

rated:
hdtv said:   I still have not received my costco card. Had my installation on 10/7. I've called directv and the rep does not seem to know about it and gave me the phone number for the rebate status check. Anyone had the same problem?
It's been more than 4 months for me. I've contacted both Costco and Directv, and they both pointed the finger at each other. Since I haven't gotten it by now, I figure it is a loss on my end. I'm sure it was a cookie somewhere that caused this problem, but I did do a clean wipe of all of my cookies prior to purchasing, so I don't know.

rated:
thanks for sharing.

rated:
If after the 2 years you no longer want direct tv do you have to return the satellite dish off the roof along with all receivers etc....As in do I have to climb up on the roof and take it down and take it back to them?

rated:
If you want to cancel direct tv after the 2 years do you have to remove the satellite dish from your roof and return it to them along with all receivers? Or does the satellite stay on the roof? I don't want to have to climb out there and remove it myself.....

rated:
hdtv said:   I was going to pull the trigger but did not after I googled for direct tv complaints.

Was with DTV 2 years ago and can say it was the WORST experience I have ever had with a company.
You cannot believe anything they tell you and they will deny everything they ever promise. Everyone I ever spoke with was rude and uncooperative, their favorite word is NO.
After 1 year of constant problems I bought out my contract with DTV and moved on.

ONE TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!

rated:
dandrum5 said:   If you want to cancel direct tv after the 2 years do you have to remove the satellite dish from your roof and return it to them along with all receivers? Or does the satellite stay on the roof? I don't want to have to climb out there and remove it myself.....

They let you keep the dish, you just have to return the other stuff

rated:
rickabe said:   I made the mistake of calling DTV prior to completing my online order thru costco.com. Just wanted to clarify a few items re. service/installation and the rep assuredly told me that he could match any online offers including the Costco $180 cash card. He processed my order and all was well until I recently inquired about my Costco cash card whereabouts. I was told two weeks ago that yes, you are scheduled to receive your card. Today I called and spoke with three different supervisors (none could help me) and basically was told that in order to receive the Costco card requires completion of the order thru the Costco site.

Bottom line is that I was more than likely lied to by the rep who took my order.

Lesson learned.

If you don't get everything in writing with DTV, chances are they will deny that they ever offered it to you and then you are screwed. THIS COMPANY TEACHES THEIR EMPLOYEES TO LIE. Once they have you locked in to a 2 year contract you have no options but to deal with their crap. Stay away from DTV.

rated:
Thanks for your quick reply!
rcglfr said:   dandrum5 said:   If you want to cancel direct tv after the 2 years do you have to remove the satellite dish from your roof and return it to them along with all receivers? Or does the satellite stay on the roof? I don't want to have to climb out there and remove it myself.....

They let you keep the dish, you just have to return the other stuff

rated:
If you don't have Costco membership and want to get rid of the GC, please let me know.

wtjc said:   bonkers said:   EthanWeisinger said:   Just got the $180 Costco card after 5 days. This is FANTASTIC and thanks the OP.

rated:
Update:
I was given this email costcovipsupport@DIRECTV.com to contact DTV regarding the Costco card and was told that the card should arrive in 2 weeks or less.

rated:
johnbullus said:   If you don't have Costco membership and want to get rid of the GC, please let me know.

rated:
As a follow up to my situation I found that on my day of installation I decided to drop one receiver. In error, the installer activated my account prior to calling in to make the adjustment. Bottom line is that I had to go thru the entire ordering process again over the phone. The result was that I was given a new customer number and therefore the Costco cash card disappeared. It took many, many calls to DTV (Costco was zero help) until this was resolved. They were unable to send me the cash card because I technically did not order thru the Costo.com website.

They have credited my account for the $180.00 and I am happy with the end result.

rated:
hdtv said:   Update:
I was given this email costcovipsupport@DIRECTV.com to contact DTV regarding the Costco card and was told that the card should arrive in 2 weeks or less.

Got my Costco cash card today. So glad that it came

rated:
hdtv said:   hdtv said:   Update:

Got my Costco cash card today. So glad that it came

Roughly how long did it take after installation? It has been roughly 4-5 weeks now for me...

rated:
I've not heard anything about my gift card either. I forgot about it til my wife reminded me. I just emailed that address and got an "out of office" auto responder, so we'll see what comes up.

rated:
Had the installation on 10/8/2011 and the Costco card arrived on 10/31/2011 in a small envelope.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014