• 1 2 34510
  • Page
  • Text Only
You can have a total of 10 referrals(including the person who referred you)in any given 12 month period.

Thanks for the post. I was able to get the 180 + referral. Costco card came within a week of installation and everything seems great so far.

I went thru the steps and tried to see how much the initial cost would be. I chose 1 HD dvr and 1 HD receiver. My cost was $199. So, you get back $280 but you have to pay $199 for a net gain of $79. Not much of a gain it seems. Don't they usually (I think it was the case with with Dish) that you don't have to pay anything up front and only pay monthly lease fee? Is there a way not to pay the equipment fees?

nextmilenium said:   I went thru the steps and tried to see how much the initial cost would be. I chose 1 HD dvr and 1 HD receiver. My cost was $199. So, you get back $280 but you have to pay $199 for a net gain of $79. Not much of a gain it seems. Don't they usually (I think it was the case with with Dish) that you don't have to pay anything up front and only pay monthly lease fee? Is there a way not to pay the equipment fees?

try switching up to the choice extra package. Then you dont have to pay anything for your hd-dvr and hd receiver

AMEX comes up with $100 statement credit from time to time. Would be cool if you can get that too.

Thanks OP. I signed up. have had it with cablevision.

The first two HD receviers are free with 'Choice extra' and whole home DVR.

You have to watch out though and apply for the rebate online. I got my costco card, $5 extra per month off for cyber monday, and the $10 off per month for referral.



nextmilenium said:   I went thru the steps and tried to see how much the initial cost would be. I chose 1 HD dvr and 1 HD receiver. My cost was $199. So, you get back $280 but you have to pay $199 for a net gain of $79. Not much of a gain it seems. Don't they usually (I think it was the case with with Dish) that you don't have to pay anything up front and only pay monthly lease fee? Is there a way not to pay the equipment fees?

Currectly DTV is offering the holiday promotion for extra $5/mon for one year. Do you know how to stack this with the costco offer? If I link from Costco.com the extra $5 does not show on the confirmation page.
Please help.

Did this black Friday. Great deal. Had to use several different web browsers and cleared cookies to get costco banners to show with all correct discounts. Best deal by far on new directive service with all latest equipment. My contract expired yesterday so I cancelled old and signed up under wifes name with new account, same address. Installing today. Whole house DVr here I come. Got 2 hd dvrs so effectively have 4 tuners. Also use new streaming to laptop with is amazing, better than sling box and free!

Can you please provide step by step instructions? I just can't get it to work.
Thanks.

Thanks OP for the deal. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on this one. However, I have a couple of questions: The deal one Direct TV's website states that the "exclusive" price is good for one year for new customers. However, they are asking for a 24 month commitment. Does this mean that the price will go up after the first year? Can one renegotiate the price after the first year? Is it very difficult to do so? I am very apprehensive about committing myself for such service for this very reason. If DirecTV wants my commitment, they should lock my price for 2 years. Can anyone advice on this.
The reason I am asking these questions here is because I donít know anyone who subscribe to DirecTV.
Thanks

they have you locked in to 2 year contract so i doubt you can renegotiate. If you get all the discounts, you will end up paying $20 more per month in the second year than first year. They break this out for you pretty much....so in turn the price is locked in for 2 years.


magni said:   Thanks OP for the deal. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on this one. However, I have a couple of questions: The deal one Direct TV's website states that the "exclusive" price is good for one year for new customers. However, they are asking for a 24 month commitment. Does this mean that the price will go up after the first year? Can one renegotiate the price after the first year? Is it very difficult to do so? I am very apprehensive about committing myself for such service for this very reason. If DirecTV wants my commitment, they should lock my price for 2 years. Can anyone advice on this.
The reason I am asking these questions here is because I donít know anyone who subscribe to DirecTV.
Thanks

magni said:   Thanks OP for the deal. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on this one. However, I have a couple of questions: The deal one Direct TV's website states that the "exclusive" price is good for one year for new customers. However, they are asking for a 24 month commitment. Does this mean that the price will go up after the first year? Can one renegotiate the price after the first year? Is it very difficult to do so? I am very apprehensive about committing myself for such service for this very reason. If DirecTV wants my commitment, they should lock my price for 2 years. Can anyone advice on this.
The reason I am asking these questions here is because I donít know anyone who subscribe to DirecTV.
Thanks


fedex came with my $180 cash card today. Yes price goes up at 13 month mark. Simply call in to retention department, say need to lower or reduce service since too expensive now. They will credit you money to reduce monthly cost.

nkha1 said:   they have you locked in to 2 year contract so i doubt you can renegotiate. If you get all the discounts, you will end up paying $20 more per month in the second year than first year. They break this out for you pretty much....so in turn the price is locked in for 2 years.


magni said:   Thanks OP for the deal. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on this one. However, I have a couple of questions: The deal one Direct TV's website states that the "exclusive" price is good for one year for new customers. However, they are asking for a 24 month commitment. Does this mean that the price will go up after the first year? Can one renegotiate the price after the first year? Is it very difficult to do so? I am very apprehensive about committing myself for such service for this very reason. If DirecTV wants my commitment, they should lock my price for 2 years. Can anyone advice on this.
The reason I am asking these questions here is because I donít know anyone who subscribe to DirecTV.
Thanks


Thanks for the advice!

techguy23 said:   magni said:   Thanks OP for the deal. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on this one. However, I have a couple of questions: The deal one Direct TV's website states that the "exclusive" price is good for one year for new customers. However, they are asking for a 24 month commitment. Does this mean that the price will go up after the first year? Can one renegotiate the price after the first year? Is it very difficult to do so? I am very apprehensive about committing myself for such service for this very reason. If DirecTV wants my commitment, they should lock my price for 2 years. Can anyone advice on this.
The reason I am asking these questions here is because I donít know anyone who subscribe to DirecTV.
Thanks


fedex came with my $180 cash card today. Yes price goes up at 13 month mark. Simply call in to retention department, say need to lower or reduce service since too expensive now. They will credit you money to reduce monthly cost.


btw, is there a specific telephone number for the retention department?
Thanks for the advice!

Not sure if this is the retention # or not, but it seemed to bypass a lot of crap (well, I guess with the PIN # they gave me it did)... 1-800-824-9081

Just cancelled my service and signed up, the reps wouldn't budge on any of the equipment--plus I want the $180 Costco card. Fingers crossed.

douknownam said:   Not sure if this is the retention # or not, but it seemed to bypass a lot of crap (well, I guess with the PIN # they gave me it did)... 1-800-824-9081

Just cancelled my service and signed up, the reps wouldn't budge on any of the equipment--plus I want the $180 Costco card. Fingers crossed.


Thanks For the number. Will give it a try.

Just placed an order for this deal. It looks like I got the $100 (-$10 for 10 months)referral as well as the bonus (-$5 for 12 months), and I expect to get the $180 Costco GC as well.

I see the 3 months of premium services - which I will cancel asap, but there is one fee they slipped in on me, the $7 monthly "DVR Service" charge, I'll call and see if there's anything that can be done about that.

So for the 24 months it looks like the total will be $1,703, less DTV rebates & Referral(-448) and Costco GC (-180) a total of $1,075, or $44.79/month plus any taxes.

Here's the order summary:



CHOICE XTRA $63.99
$24 Bill Credit for Months 1-12 ($24.00)
$5 Bill Credit for Months 1-12 ($5.00)
DIRECTV CINEMA $0.00
HD Access $10.00
Free HD Access ($10.00)
DVR Service $7.00
HBO $14.99
SHOWTIME UNLIMITED $12.99
Starz Super Pack $12.99
Cinemax $12.99
FREE for 3 months: HBO, SHOWTIME, Starz, and Cinemax ($44.00)
Watch More Save More ($9.96)
Referral Credit for 10 Months ($10.00)
Lease Fee $5.00
Lease Fee Discount (1st receiver) ($5.00)

Estimated First Bill Amount: $31.99

Estimated first bill amount does not include sales tax.

Your Equipment Selection
HD DVR Receiver $199.00
FREE HD DVR receiver upgrade ($199.00)
DIRECTV CINEMAô Connection Kit Free
Satellite Dish Free
Professional Installation Free
Shipping & Handling Free

Equipment Total: $0.00
Sales Tax $0.00
Order Total Paid: $0.00

I just used this deal and it worked wonderfully!
You get a $100 credit using the member's account number and so does the member. Then you get another $100 credit for each person who uses your member number for referral.
~ David/ NW Ohio

I got mine installed about a month ago. Loving it.
Got Costco GC too.
Thanks OP

Anything for current customers?

Finally made the jump to Direct tv. The link is still going strong. The cart price shows the monthly price for 12 months not 24. The savings plus the gift card is the best on the net. Great job

id do this deal but i dont think i have a freind with direct tv

Great thread, just wish I would have found it last week!

slackerace said:   direcTV has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau with nearly 50,000 complaints in the last 36 months. Look at Comcast or Dish. They have less than 1/4 that and are rated much higher.

I have had HORRIBLE experiences with DirecTV honoring the deal I was "sold" by Verizon (package internet/TV deal). Wish I had NEVER signed up and had seen the complaints first.

Bad Business Tactics. Stay away!!


+1!

Does any one know what is direct tv's policy when you move ? what are the charges for a move and re-installation? do they make you renew the contract if you move?

Does any one know what is direct tv's policy when you move ? what are the charges for a move and re-installation? do they make you renew the contract if you move?

Was going to sign up since frontier is raising rates and did a quick FW search and found this thread! Wow! Signed up thru costco following these instructions and saved an extra $10/mo, got my brother $10/mo off his bill and will be looking for the costco GCs!!
Thanks again fellow FW members!

Has anyone compared the savings through CostCo, vs. the Triple Play service from Verizon?

Can you do the referral online or do u have to call?

Installed Last Saturday, and got my Costco Gift Card yesterday (only 6 days later!)

Followed OP's steps, was able to enter a member's account number, but referral credit (-$10) didn't show up anywhere during the order process. Oh well, i just hope the Costco gift card comes soon. Thanks.

deleted

Do you have to be a member at Costco to use the giftcard? I signed up for this deal on Jan 22 and already received my Costco giftcard.

Great deal OP

trendsetrz said:   Do you have to be a member at Costco to use the giftcard?

No (thanks kcreekmore)

m3m3 said:   trendsetrz said:   Do you have to be a member at Costco to use the giftcard?

Yes


No.

"Members and non-members may use the cash cards to shop at any Costco locaton in the United States, Puerto Rico or on costco.com."

http://www.costco.com/browse/productset.aspx?prodid=10024438

kcreekmore said:   m3m3 said:   trendsetrz said:   Do you have to be a member at Costco to use the giftcard?

Yes


No.

"Members and non-members may use the cash cards to shop at any Costco locaton in the United States, Puerto Rico or on costco.com."

http://www.costco.com/browse/productset.aspx?prodid=10024438


That's great news for several of my friends who are considering this deal. I was told otherwise.

Great deal.
Thank you

Signed up today.
worked for me!
Thanks OP!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014