• 12 3 4510
  • Page
  • Text Only
As a European,since I got to US, I had to deal many companies.

There is no customer advocacy group.(BBB and FTC are just a joke)
Unless they jack thousands of customers, you are on your own. It is like you agree with Terms and Conditions even if they are against basic customer rights..For ex. They want to charge you or extent your contract to replace their own defective/broken receiver.Or they change prices however they want..
Material Adverse Affect does not apply to most services or you have to push it really hard to make them cancel the contract..

Small Claims Court is the only place you can find justice if the company has a representative in the same state..Otherwise you have to sue them in their own state.

I agree with comments..You can find complaint with every company..But important part is the way they HANDLE the complaint since most complaints are based on customers who does not read the Terms and Condition when dealing with the devil..

As a previous customer, they won't let me sign up again under this deal. Any suggestions?

looks like last day to get the additional $5 off.

Oh and I called up. I had 2 questions about what I needed for receivers to get HD on 2 tv's and how many programs could I record at once. The guy who answered was a total dick. I told him I planned on doing the costco and $10 referral and the $5 referral so I just wanted to order online. He said a lot of people have been calling and saying they didnt get both the Costco deal and the $10 referral. If I did it the order doesnt go through and it just goes to corporate because it looks like I am trying to override the system. I didnt buy his BS. He was just trying to get me to order with him, kept telling me he has been there 8 years and if he could check my credit he could get me offers I couldnt get on my own. I kept repeating, I just need to know how many receivers I will need to get HD on 2 TVs. Was never rude to the guy just persistent that I wanted that question answered. All he was doing was trying to sell me. He basically said go ahead and do it yourself good bye and hung up on me.

I did both the costco and the referral both worked for me. Just received my costco $180 gift card (FedEx) and looked on my bill and the referral discount is applied. If you get the HR-24 your can record 2 programs at once, if you have 2 x HR-24 then you can record 4 programs. The installer networked my two HR-24s using coax and they share shows so once the shows are recorded you can watch them on either receiver; very nice indeed. Thank FW and all who contribute, I saved a bundle and am very pleased.

eturkan said:   As a European,since I got to US, I had to deal many companies.

There is no customer advocacy group.(BBB and FTC are just a joke)
Unless they jack thousands of customers, you are on your own. It is like you agree with Terms and Conditions even if they are against basic customer rights..For ex. They want to charge you or extent your contract to replace their own defective/broken receiver.Or they change prices however they want..
Material Adverse Affect does not apply to most services or you have to push it really hard to make them cancel the contract..

Small Claims Court is the only place you can find justice if the company has a representative in the same state..Otherwise you have to sue them in their own state.

I agree with comments..You can find complaint with every company..But important part is the way they HANDLE the complaint since most complaints are based on customers who does not read the Terms and Condition when dealing with the devil..

As a customer whom have lived and experienced the customer service provided by Europeans company in Europe - I'd tell you; I am so glad I am in America.

Signed up today and all went well. Thanks OP.

The instructions posted in this topic appear to still work as of 3/27/11. Thanks BigMario for the slickdeal.

I'm moving in with my girlfriend who has had DirecTV service for 9 years. Does anyone know if we can take advantage of this Costco new customer offer by cancelling her service and then getting new service under my name at her same address?

delete, double post

buffgeoff said:   I'm moving in with my girlfriend who has had DirecTV service for 9 years. Does anyone know if we can take advantage of this Costco new customer offer by cancelling her service and then getting new service under my name at her same address?

I don't see why not. You're committing to a 2 year agreement with them. And as far as DirecTV knows she moved out and you're the new occupant. Of course you'd probably have to go through the entire process of returning equipment, etc.

This is a great deal, I'm looking forward to having quality HD Satellite service in my new home! Now to figure out what to buy with the $180 Costco card! Thanks OP

buffgeoff said:   I'm moving in with my girlfriend who has had DirecTV service for 9 years. Does anyone know if we can take advantage of this Costco new customer offer by canceling her service and then getting new service under my name at her same address?

We did this, but had to use a different phone number to sign up, as the system still recognized the old account.

Yes I did this as well, had to use a different credit card and used my wife's name.

Awesome deal OP, thanks!!!

Finally getting the install done tomorrow !!!!

Thanks for the deals

Thanks again, Whoever sent me the PM for the account #, please send it again as I lost the message

Hi, I clicked the OP's link today and in the fine print it says "limited time offer for Costco members only." Is there any way I can get around that since I'm not a member, or should I sign up for membership online and then cancel it and get my membership fees back from Costco?

Not sure if they changed the T&C, but I am not a Costco member, but I still got the GC. I just went with someone I know who is a member. Also, I believe you don't have to be a member to use the GC... I might be wrong...

I got it as well and I'm not a member either - the closest one to us is 88 miles away. I used it online without issue. You don't have to be a costco member to use the gift card.

I have tried to justify dumping comcast for either of the dish companies but I can't get them to beat comcast. Sometimes the promo period is a better value, but it still doesn't beat the price.

My configuration using this deal with one HD DVR and 3 std receivers is $60 a month during the promo and $91 after. Add stand alone high speed internet after that and dish is a real loser for me.

nice find...we tried to get directv 3 years ago but ended up canceling because of the horrible install guy we had...i would imagine he's a 3rd party contractor anyway so it's not really their fault but was pretty disappointing after doing all the research and having good experiences with several customer service reps along the way

Thanks OP! Just signed up...they're offering an extra $5 off per month + Sunday Ticket (if there is a season). Looking forward to Costco gift card.

Thanks op! Signed up yesterday with referral. My sister got $100 referral credit, I got $100 credit for being referred and I am looking forward to my $180 costco gift card. Will they extend this offer? It says the offer ends 7/20/2011.

Any word on Costco extending this? The page is still there with the $180 and when I click through, it's still showing the giftcard offer on the DirecTV page, but I don't want to sign up if I am gonna lose out.

I went to my local (bay area) Costco store and asked if the $180 costco cash card promo is still available. Both the DirecTV droid and a little cardboard sign showing the $180 costco cash card promo stated that the $180 offer "ends" 10/05/2011. The droid also mentioned there is no signup for the $180...it's automatic (if doing in person, or through the appropriate costco link online).

GeneralKlinger said:   Any word on Costco extending this? The page is still there with the $180 and when I click through, it's still showing the giftcard offer on the DirecTV page, but I don't want to sign up if I am gonna lose out.

Deal is on til 10/5

Almost signed-up before doing a Directv search on fatwallet. Saving an extra $280 is a good thing.

Great info Big Mario! Even though it is now Aug2011 this still worked fine for me as far as the signup goes. Now will wait to see if the Costco card shows up.

I was installed a week and a half ago and I already got my costco card. I recieved an email confirmation of shipping from them. FedEx delivered a couple of days later. Thanks OP for the deal.

For the record I am not a costco member. It never asked for membership info.

Thanks for posting, this looks like a great deal. My contract with Dish is up so Im looking at what deals are out there. The only negative that I can see with Directv is that unless you signup for the Whole Home DVR service which is $10/month you only get 1 free HD receiver. We have two tvs so we need 2 HD receivers. If you don't signup and pay for DVR service it looks like they make you pay $99 for the second HD receiver then.

Somewhat off-topic question. Does anyone living in an apartment in NYC have DTV? Would greatly appreciate any information on what issues might come up (e.g., landlord consent, poor reception). Thanks.

Yes, you're going to need consent if you're renting and have to do drilling to get the satellite in. You need a line of sight to the satellites as well so other buildings or even trees can affect that...

Question. My referral bonus dropped off when my order went through. Called customer Service to cancel the order and start over and they said they could easily add the referral bonus. Now i'm worried that because the modified the order I could lose the Costco bonus. Should I worry about this cancel and start over or should I be ok?

I had the Costco Connection banner all the way through the order online.

Advice? By the way, thanks OP

bonkers said:   Thanks for posting, this looks like a great deal. My contract with Dish is up so Im looking at what deals are out there. The only negative that I can see with Directv is that unless you signup for the Whole Home DVR service which is $10/month you only get 1 free HD receiver. We have two tvs so we need 2 HD receivers. If you don't signup and pay for DVR service it looks like they make you pay $99 for the second HD receiver then.

The 2nd receiver isn't free, it's $6/mo to lease

SUB said:   bonkers said:   Thanks for posting, this looks like a great deal. My contract with Dish is up so Im looking at what deals are out there. The only negative that I can see with Directv is that unless you signup for the Whole Home DVR service which is $10/month you only get 1 free HD receiver. We have two tvs so we need 2 HD receivers. If you don't signup and pay for DVR service it looks like they make you pay $99 for the second HD receiver then.

The 2nd receiver isn't free, it's $6/mo to lease

Yeah its $99 + $6 month. With Dish Network its free + $7 month to lease. This still looks like the better deal tho.

As of today 8/26/11- Followed instructions online to get both Costco card and referral but it came back with an "account number invalid" message. I checked with my friend and it was the correct account number. I called the Direct TV number for help and was told that you can not combine the two offers- it's now either one or the other. I persisted but the csa said she could not add the refer a friend to my order. Boo.

this worked for me today. it does not show the costco gift card as a line item, but i called to confirm, and the customer service person said that it shows in their system and that i should receive the gift card 8-10 weeks after installation.

Well, it just goes to show that you NEVER should trust the Direct TV phones sales people. I decided to try again the next day-ignoring what the cs person told me and the fact that it didn't work for me the day before online and PRESTO-it worked! It didn't show as a line item for me as well but I also called cs and was given confirmation that they showed that I had placed the order through Costco so I would receive the card in apx. 6-8 weeks.

Just as was stated in the original post- Make ABSOLUTELY SURE when you go to "refer a friend" that it has the Costco banner at the top and that when it returns you to your cart it has the same banner at the top or you will not get the card. The first time I tried, I almost clicked on the final order button before noticing that the Costco banner was not at the top any longer. I logged off, went back on, re-did all the steps and ended up with the Costco banner when I checked out. Weird. Anyway, I'm a happy camper now!

Is there a certain time frame you have to get this installed by after ordering? I ordered mine on 7/20 but had to reschedule my original installation date...get installed 9/3 now. I have the printout with the Costco banner showing on my order confirmation page though.

osujim99 said:   Is there a certain time frame you have to get this installed by after ordering? I ordered mine on 7/20 but had to reschedule my original installation date...get installed 9/3 now. I have the printout with the Costco banner showing on my order confirmation page though.

I don't know if there's a deadline of any kind, but as long as your order is active you should be fine. My installation was more than a month after ordering and the card arrived 2 weeks later.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014