• filter:
  • 123 4 510
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
SUB said:   osujim99 said:   Is there a certain time frame you have to get this installed by after ordering? I ordered mine on 7/20 but had to reschedule my original installation date...get installed 9/3 now. I have the printout with the Costco banner showing on my order confirmation page though.

I don't know if there's a deadline of any kind, but as long as your order is active you should be fine. My installation was more than a month after ordering and the card arrived 2 weeks later.

When did you order and get installed? Thanks.

rated:
I recently cancelled my Direct contract 11 months early and paid the $220 early termination fee to get this promotion. It was WELL WORTH IT. I got NFL Sunday Ticket for free which is a $375 value, $180 gift card, $100 off for me and my dad through the referral program, and then I'm saving $40+ a month off what my rate jumped to in year 2 of my previous contract with Direct TV. I did have to sign up under another name though (family member) which really wasnt too big of an issue.

rated:
Guys, can you confirm if i need to be a costco member to get this deal? my sams club membership is about expire, may decide to switch.

rated:
LoveRebates said:   Guys, can you confirm if i need to be a costco member to get this deal? my sams club membership is about expire, may decide to switch.No you don't need to be a Costco member.

rated:
LoveRebates said:   Guys, can you confirm if i need to be a costco member to get this deal? my sams club membership is about expire, may decide to switch.
nope.. and you can use the GC at the costco without getting membership... but beware you'll get hooked.. costco quality blows BJ out of water.. never been to sams.

rated:
Is the deal dead ? I don't see any of the orange buttons that says "Learn more"
Thanks.

rated:
phdo said:   Is the deal dead ? I don't see any of the orange buttons that says "Learn more"
Thanks.
No, I just did the deal a week ago and they've already sent the Costco card. Just click "Get DirecTV" instead.

rated:
Can I cancel the movie channels after the first three free months, or am I stuck paying the additional $45 that starts in month 4 (Choice Xtra package).

Thanks

rated:
I think you can do that. Or call their customer service and let them do it for you.

HokieBrian said:   Can I cancel the movie channels after the first three free months, or am I stuck paying the additional $45 that starts in month 4 (Choice Xtra package).

Thanks

rated:
HokieBrian said:   Can I cancel the movie channels after the first three free months, or am I stuck paying the additional $45 that starts in month 4 (Choice Xtra package).
Thanks

You're not obligated to keep the premium channels after the free months.

rated:
Why did it take me back to my cart with the referral credit removed after I submitting my credit card information for checkout? It then had this message at the top of my cart page: "pep.cart.referral_credit_removed.message"

rated:
HokieBrian said:   Why did it take me back to my cart with the referral credit removed after I submitting my credit card information for checkout? It then had this message at the top of my cart page: "pep.cart.referral_credit_removed.message"

Well, that was weird, but it seemed to work the second time.

rated:
rthinker said:   I think you can do that. Or call their customer service and let them do it for you.

Thanks

Yep I had same concern before signing up on this deal. Called CSR and asked if I can cancel before 4th month he said sure.

Great deal! Getting install just in time for kickoff!!

rated:
Hello NFL Sunday Ticket...nice to meet you. Getting installed as I type. Hopefully my Costco comes soon!!

rated:
Installer came early last weekend- arrived at 11:45 AM and was supposed to come between 1-4 PM- that was a surprise because do to other message board posts I was under the impression that I should expect them to arrive later than they said. Anyway, the guy was great and very helpful. Everything has been working like a charm- SO much better than Cox! Now hopefully my Cosco card will arrive in the next few weeks...

rated:
how do you get account ref # if you dont have one or dont know anyone who has directv?

rated:
Ordered today...we'll see how it goes

rated:
Ordered 08/23, installed 08/29 and got my $180 Costco card yesterday.

Very happy so far....Free Sunday Ticket is gonna rock!!

rated:
Ordered 7/20, Installed 9/2. I received my email confirmation shipment for $180 Costco card today!

rated:
Just ordered. I am getting the premier package on two TV's for $44.99 for the first 3 months and then it goes to $89.99. Thanks OP

rated:
order placed, let see

rated:
I'm having issues with satellite signal especially when the weather is bad. I don't have the service plan should I get it and then tell the customer service..

rated:
Ordered and then installed five days later (tech was late AND took 5.5 hours to install!!!), received Costco Cash Card another five days later via FedEx. Wow!

I thought I had messed up the order because the screen hung soon after I entered my credit card info. Had to back out and check my account online. Order was completed but an install date was not finalized. Went in to choose an install date. Earliest date available was in October. I selected October and called the 800 number to change the install date. Didn't speak to anyone; only followed prompts. Earliest one offered was first week in Sept. hahaha. Strange that calling gave earlier dates. Calling in and dealing with the automated prompts doesn't affect the deal so don't be afraid to change the install date if you don't like the original dates offered online.

BEWARE: NFL Sunday Ticket is only free for the first year. The second year of your contract doesn't include it for free. Current ad on their website is VERY misleading since their site states, "For the first time ever, NFL SUNDAY TICKET is included at no extra charge." Then it mentions a few lines down that "This season of NFL SUNDAY TICKET included." Does that mean that the second year is not included? Very ambiguous. It doesn't mention clearly that it's only for the first year of your two-year contract. It may state it somewhere in fine print, but that's a different matter. Another reason why DirecTV sux balls. I only got it for the football.

rated:
Ducati said:   
BEWARE: NFL Sunday Ticket is only free for the first year. The second year of your contract doesn't include it for free. Current ad on their website is VERY misleading since their site states, "For the first time ever, NFL SUNDAY TICKET is included at no extra charge." Then it mentions a few lines down that "This season of NFL SUNDAY TICKET included." Does that mean that the second year is not included? Very ambiguous. It doesn't mention clearly that it's only for the first year of your two-year contract. It may state it somewhere in fine print, but that's a different matter. Another reason why DirecTV sux balls. I only got it for the football.

Can it be cancelled after the first year? Or do you get stuck paying for it the second year? I'll take it for free, but pro football isn't worth paying anything for to me.

jj

rated:
jjinatx said:   Ducati said:   

Can it be cancelled after the first year? Or do you get stuck paying for it the second year? I'll take it for free, but pro football isn't worth paying anything for to me.

jj

It can be cancelled. Just need to cancel before it auto renews, which I believe is July.

rated:
I just tried this afternoon and accidentally submitted the order. So I have to call Directv to give them my friend's account number for the referral. Will I be able to get both the $180 and $100?

rated:
johnbullus said:   Another note: Avoid signing up by phone, do everything online. I tried to do this by phone initially and they messed up everything from not giving me the $100 referral discount, spelling my name wrong, and entering the wrong email address. It was so bad that I had to cancel and re-order online.

I just tried this afternoon and accidentally submitted the order. So I have to call Directv to give them my friend's account number. Will I be able to get both the $180 and $100? How did you know that they did not give you the $100 referral discount? It will be reflected in your account within 6 to 8 weeks as the CSR told me. It is already too late to cancel the service at that time.

Yes, I got both the $180 gift card and $100 referral credit. I made sure my email confirmation reflected the referral credit and then I printed my Directv order confirmation page with the Costco banner showing...just in case.

rated:
Thanks big mario for the detailed directions. I coulnt even get the friend discount online, without talking to directv on the phone, then on the phone they wanted to charge me a higher returning customer rate.
I hung up, waited a couple of days and followed your path. Got the new customer, monthly rate down with the referral, and the costco banner stayed on top the whole time so I think I will be getting the gift card as well. I appreciate ya!

rated:
I came across some offers for Showtime and Starz that I hope will sweeten this deal. This will get you another $50 Cash Back.

There are $25 Cash Back rebates on their websites. You have to be a new subscriber and send in 3 months worth of your statements, which turns out to be free with Directv for first three months.

Starz $25 Cash Back

Showtime $25 Cash Back

rated:
I gave up on Direct Tv. I signed up online and the online installation schedule would put the installation for Jan/Feb 2012!!! I called Direct Tv and because I was not scheduling online I would forfeit my cash card!!! The customer service rep told me to cancel and start all over again. I did it 3x with the same installation schedule for Jan/2012. Screw them!!! They are just to stupid to let me go to all the frustration, 3x times!

rated:
thanks osujim! not only did i just save on my new package but i get 50$ back. what a day!

rated:
I want to order this with the phone and internet package. The website says to call to add those components (can't do it online). Anyone try ordering just the TV service this way and then adding the other pieces over the phone at a later time? Wondering if that impacts any of the offers.

rated:
Is this better then the AAA deal where you get 20 months worth of $10 off? The prices look the same it's just either you get a $180 Costco Cash Card up front or $10 off your bill for 20 months.

www.aaa.com/directv

rated:
Can't click on banner that says residential customers click here!!

rated:
BEWARE: Refer a friend may extend your contract duration. Make sure you verify it with DirecTV. That was happened to me.

rated:
ptstudent said:   Can't click on banner that says residential customers click here!!
I've sent a mail to them about it - hopefully they will correct it. But it isn't very difficult to figure out the redirect url

rated:
vedanti said:   ptstudent said:   Can't click on banner that says residential customers click here!!
I've sent a mail to them about it - hopefully they will correct it. But it isn't very difficult to figure out the redirect url

Well I'm stumped....care to share?

rated:
clb4g9 said:   vedanti said:   ptstudent said:   Can't click on banner that says residential customers click here!!

This link should work (copy and paste): http://cw.directv.com/DTVAPP/index.jsp?CMP=LEC-Costco-1000

rated:
caterpillar123 said:   clb4g9 said:   vedanti said:   ptstudent said:   Can't click on banner that says residential customers click here!!

This link should work (copy and paste): http://cw.directv.com/DTVAPP/index.jsp?CMP=LEC-Costco-1000

Much appreciated!

rated:
That button that says "residential customers click here" is working now again.

Signed up under this deal and got it installed a couple of days ago. Now just waiting on the Costco card. Thank you BigMario!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014