• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Received my Showtime $25 VISA Card today! Hopefully Starz card comes soon too.

rated:
Well, DirecTV denied my Costco card, even though I did what the op said and made sure the banner was at the top the whole time.
I filed a complaint with the BBB, but no luck there either.
It's easy for them to say you only have 24 hours to cancel when they can't confirm whether you qualify for something.
Jerks.

rated:
Look folks,
It is unfortunate that reputable companies like Costco get involved with
such despicable companies like Direct TV, but remember if you don't do your
homework before signing a contract with someone you could end up getting hurt.
There are literally thousands of previous Direct TV customers out there that are
forming an Internet army to help protect you against criminal enterprises such
as Direct TV. See http://direct-tv.pissedconsumer.com/send-your-direct-tv-complaints-directly-to-the-vp-20091104161083.html

The fact of the matter is that Direct TV practices deception throughout their company and they have
gotten away with it for years. They have ripped off and frustrated millions of consumers, and
government agencies are apparently powerless or unwilling to do anything to protect you.
So remember to do your research. If you had just googled "Direct TV Complaints" or anything close
you would have been inundated with a wealth of information (complaints against Direct TV and their
unscrupulous business practices.) My advice is to steer clear of Direct TV. They are corrupt
from the sub-contractors they hire to do the crappy installations to the liars and cheats in
their Customer Service Department, and up to the people who run the corporation.

A previous Direct TV customer

rated:
Installation was on 12/23 and I received the Costco cash card on 12/29 via FedEx in a small envelope.

rated:
I've been happy with directv for 12 years, sorry to hear some are having problems. They give me plenty of perks every two years to extend contract. Last month, halfway into my contract I call up retentions to ask for loyalty goodies. Got showtime and Starz for 6mos and $15/mo off my bill for two years! I was courteous and a little lucky but I make sure they make notes of our discussions. Last install a year ago was free install with HR24 HD DVR (which just got a firmware update this week) and the NEW HD DVR GUIDE just arrived this morning. They even left a new HR22 that was a order mistake. They say I own the HR22 and don't want it back, it's still unused in box.

So many complaints but there are just as many, if not more happy customers, just not as vocal. I rarely get any rain fade even in the Pacific NW and can't get cable out here either.

rated:
osujim99 said:   Received my Showtime $25 VISA Card today! Hopefully Starz card comes soon too.

When did you submit your rebate for those? I sent mine in about 3 weeks ago, fingers crossed!

rated:
manderson660 said:   osujim99 said:   Received my Showtime $25 VISA Card today! Hopefully Starz card comes soon too.

When did you submit your rebate for those? I sent mine in about 3 weeks ago, fingers crossed!

I submitted mine around the first week of November.

rated:
The links still work but the cash card is now $120 not $180 - so total $200

rated:
osujim99 said:   manderson660 said:   osujim99 said:   Received my Showtime $25 VISA Card today! Hopefully Starz card comes soon too.

I submitted mine around the first week of November.

Got my Starz $25 check today! So in total, I received..

$180 Costco Gift Card
$100 Refer a friend
$ 5 Extra Cash Back for 12 months
$ 25 Showtime Gift Card
$ 25 Starz Gift Card

rated:
A little complicated.

rated:
Did this and got the Costco card 4 days later via FedEx Express.

Paying just $19/month and a $120 Costco card..... plus gave family member the $100 referral.... sweet!

rated:
Also got HD receiver and HD channels for free with auto pay. So saving $340 for 2 years for HD, plus 2nd year service is also at a discount, which is a new discount.

Love HD so far!!!!

rated:
We're moving out of country and direct tv wants to charge $300 ETF for 15 months remaining in the contract - does anyone have experience in this type of situation? What are our options? Thanks!

rated:
You signed a contract that states $20/month ETF.

So you gotta pay it.

rated:
shrivasd said:   We're moving out of country and direct tv wants to charge $300 ETF for 15 months remaining in the contract - does anyone have experience in this type of situation? What are our options? Thanks!

Pay up if you plan to return to US.

rated:
They should be able to put your account on hold for $5/month.

rated:
btw, for new and existing customers there is a free preview this weekend.
Starz and Encore trial 3/29-4/2
channel 525-542

Also you can have up to 10 referral credits a year. 10 x $100 = $1000 off a year.

rated:
I agree with you, moved into a place that wasn't able to mount a receiver and they have no room for negotiation. Will never use them even if their price is less expensive than cable. Customer Service = fail.

rated:
Op. thanks. now you have to use firefox to double dip (costco and referal). Explorer is blocked
now could anyone check my order if that looks right. I am so bad at this. i have choice, so i pay $40.99 monthly for the first year. now what would i pay for the second year? and when do you sign up for automatic billing?

Package & Programming
TV Package
CHOICE $63.99
$24 Bill Credit for Months 1-12 -$24.00
$5 Bill Credit for Months 1-12 -$5.00
Discounts
Referral Credit for 10 Months -$10.00
Fees
Advanced Receiver Service $20.00
$10 discount on Advanced Receiver Service for 24 months -$10.00
Additional TV $12.00
Additional TV Discount -$6.00
Estimated First Month Bill* $40.99

rated:
Anyone have any experience with getting all these discounts in Hawaii (zip 96740)? The DirecTV site tells you to call customer service as soon as I enter my 96740 zip code. Can't seem to do the order online. I argued with customer service for about 1/2 hour and was getting the run-around with the rep and her supervisor, so I gave up speaking with them.

rated:
Tuna, I was able to get the 180 Costco card a while back. I had to order over the phone like you said. It took a couple of calls to DirecTV and Costco, but I got it resolved. I have a feeling it may be YMMV with Hawaii.

I also got the Starz credit, but my Showtime one got rejected. I called them and they said something about a partial month on one of my bills. I pointed out that all three bills were full months. They were going to investigate and get back to me, but I never heard back.

bigtuna said:   Anyone have any experience with getting all these discounts in Hawaii (zip 96740)? The DirecTV site tells you to call customer service as soon as I enter my 96740 zip code. Can't seem to do the order online. I argued with customer service for about 1/2 hour and was getting the run-around with the rep and her supervisor, so I gave up speaking with them.

rated:
If you have AAA they still have the $200 promo which is better than the Costco one right now.

rated:
You said "Got my Starz $25 check", then you said "$ 25 Starz Gift Card" So which is it? Or both? Definitely doesn't sound possible.

rated:
How do I get the AAA deal?

rated:
SpecialT76 said:   You said "Got my Starz $25 check", then you said "$ 25 Starz Gift Card" So which is it? Or both? Definitely doesn't sound possible.

I did this deal, and I got a $25 check from Showtime and a $25 giftcard from Starz, (or vice versa, not sure now) so maybe that is what they mean?

rated:
I ordered online, and when I called in to cancel(before my installation date) they offered me the $200 rebate directly off of my 2nd year bill and they threw in Sunday Ticket for free. YMMV

rated:
I just had my Directv installed this Monday Apr 23, I received the $120 Costco cash card by FedEx on Friday Apr 27!

rated:
Thanks for this thread!
Was able to get the Costco cash card and refer a friend through Firefox without any problems. According to DirecTV, my installation date is tomorrow morning, and I'm in a rural location!

rated:
Quick update. Ordered Sunday around this time and set up an appt for the following (Monday) morning. Installer arrived at 1130 or so and installed it. However, one of the hd boxes was bad so he replaced it with a new one from his truck on the spot. I just received the Costco cash card for $120 today. I also received my first bill today and am receiving the referral discount as well.

So, the deal is definitely still live, and I followed the instructions up top. Go through Costco, add the package to your cart, and then go to the referral link and enter your friends account number.

rated:
I signed up for this deal, but didn't get any spot to put my Costco number or any email address information. I had the banners on the top while checking out, how will Costco know that I signed up? or if I am a current member. With the Costco in-store deal it is different, they ask for your Costco number and put it in the system. I went to the Costco store to show the confirmation printouts to the DirectTV rep but he said he doesnt deal with online and could not vouch for the online deal. I have an install date on Friday, I still have a few days to cancel.
Want to hear from other people who did this online without putting their costco number or signing in or putting an email address if they received the $120 cash card.

Thanks

rated:
catchsel said:   I signed up for this deal, but didn't get any spot to put my Costco number or any email address information. I had the banners on the top while checking out, how will Costco know that I signed up? or if I am a current member. With the Costco in-store deal it is different, they ask for your Costco number and put it in the system. I went to the Costco store to show the confirmation printouts to the DirectTV rep but he said he doesnt deal with online and could not vouch for the online deal. I have an install date on Friday, I still have a few days to cancel.
Want to hear from other people who did this online without putting their costco number or signing in or putting an email address if they received the $120 cash card.

Thanks
Ordered mine last week and did not have to put Costco # in. I guess they assume that in order to use your Costco cash card, you need a Costco membership. Love it so far. But alas, there's never really anything to watch on TV (got it basically for NFL Sunday Ticket).

rated:
catchsel said:   I signed up for this deal, but didn't get any spot to put my Costco number or any email address information. I had the banners on the top while checking out, how will Costco know that I signed up? or if I am a current member. With the Costco in-store deal it is different, they ask for your Costco number and put it in the system. I went to the Costco store to show the confirmation printouts to the DirectTV rep but he said he doesnt deal with online and could not vouch for the online deal. I have an install date on Friday, I still have a few days to cancel.

Thanks

You don't need to be a Costco member to get the prepaid card.

rated:
osujim99 said:   I came across some offers for Showtime and Starz that I hope will sweeten this deal. This will get you another $50 Cash Back.

There are $25 Cash Back rebates on their websites. You have to be a new subscriber and send in 3 months worth of your statements, which turns out to be free with Directv for first three months.

Starz $25 Cash Back

Showtime $25 Cash Back

Thanks for this, still in effect so just sent my bills in for more free $$$.

rated:
Anyone receive the Showtime $25 rebate by submitting bills from their free months? Or do they have to be paid months?

I got 3 free months and 1 paid month so wondering if I should wait until I get 2 more paid months before submitting.

rated:
I did the $25 back from Showtime and Starz rebate 2 months ago with the my 3 bills ...showing free service..
I cancelled that service on the day it start costing.
Got the gift card / check 1 month later

rated:
I just moved and Directv charged me $100 to transfer the service to my new address. Is this normal? Can this fee be waived?

rated:
I would fight it. Sounds like it came as a surprise to you and you may have used another vendor if you know that it would have cost you $100 - Fight it!

rated:
Hoping that I will get 3900 SWA points for going through rapid rewards shopping. Triple dipping? *crossing fingers*

rated:
I want to thank the creator of this thread. I got all the discounts and got an automated call from costco thanking me for getting Directv and that my card should arrive soon, and it did 3 days later not weeks. This rocks! I am posting this also so that people know that this deals is still going on! Good luck to all! Manny

rated:
A bit of a heads up and warning.... If you sign up through the link and with the Costco deal you lose the Ten dollars off a month for the last 12 months that's offered through the official Directv website.... So basically deals are the same. You do however get your money back much sooner perhaps you can use the Costco Cash card to shop with to cover the $99 you spend in paying for the HMC box (that is a must have)

***Edit***

I re-did it and the $10 dollar credit appeared so YMMV

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014