• 16 7 8910
  • Page
  • Text Only
Another comment is that if you sign up at the DIRECTV website you can get an additional $5.00 off if you add everything to your cart then click on the Technology tab or other... as a five dollar off per month offer pops ups for instant redemption (first 12 months)

Final Comment you can get the five dollar credit to pop up if you enter the cart and then exit to look at other things....

In talking to the phone people the website has been disabled to prevent any what-so-ever friends promo signup online so no chance to double dip etc.... Thus far I've found the friends deal $10 off per month for you and same for friends for ten months is the best deal well....if you like your friend as it's $200 in credits but the Costco deal is best for your own personal pocket $120+$60(five dollar off pop-up) vs $100 for you and $100 for friend

However if you use the Costco deal plus the five dollar off pop-up then you put $180 in your own pocket

The five dollar online signup cannot be applied if you call in and talk to operator

$200 Costco Cash Card is back on!!! Good through 12/5/12.

Sorry if I missed this in the thread, but can you get the $200 Costco card and FW Cash Back?

I was browsing the DirecTv/Costco link yesterday before coming here and, when I clicked the FW CashBack link, it took me to a site displaying the DirecTv/Costco logo.

I think I answered my own question. Now the Costco click-through site doesn't show a Costco logo, but the URL includes Costco in the string. The Fat Wallet click-through site looks like it's got FW and some numbers as the referrer ID. So the deals might cancel each other out.

Yeah, cancel at the end of your first year, then start up service the next day. Ask for the coupons or discounts for reinstating service. It totals about $30.

How do you get that $200 Costco discount? I've searched the costco.com website and nothing. Don't see at DirecTV website.

OK, 2nd attempt to post this. THX BIG MARIO YOUR INSTRUCTIONS WORKED PERFECT!!! COSTCO CARD ARRIVED SATURDAY 11/14/12. When I initially did the instructions they sent me an itemized bill of what i was getting. There was nothing about the Costco card, only the -10/month. I called them at DTV. They said i can only get one. either the 10 dollar/month referral or the Costco card. So, I went on. BUT yesturday my bill arrived by mail, then 1 hour later FedEx delivered my 200 dolllar gift card. Yess!!!! Thx.

Well, this deal expires 12/15/12 I currently can not get Satellite where i live because no line of sight, however I am moving to a new place Dec 15th that can get service. I wonder if I could order this, set an install date of say Dec 20th and then if for some reason they can't get service there as well then can you cancel the order without penalty? If so this seems like a great deal.

$35.99 a month with HD and whole home DVR for 12 month and then if you divide the $200.00 cash card by 24months an additional $8.00 per month off = $27.99 a month for HD-DVR service for a year, can't beat that. GOOOOOD BYE ComCrap, hope to never be a customer of you ever again.

Well I just made the switch from Comcast to Directv. Comcast raised my monthly bill by $30 so I decided to switch. I was able to get the Costco $200 card, the $100 refer a friend discount, free showtime for a yr and the mother movie channels for 3 months, and the NFL package. The deal is still going on as well for the free showtime, Costco card, refer a friend, and NFL package but only for a few more days. Like Dec 2nd I believe on some. If you want to do the same thing I did the links are below. Just click on the first one and then select the package that you want and receivers. Once you get to the main cart, a pop-up should appear and it should ask you if you want to add the showtime for a yr offer, select yes and it will be added to your cart. Once you do that click the second link I provided and add this account # to get your free $100 off ($10 a month for ten months. Once you enter whoever's account number and click the button below it should take you back to your shopping cart and your estimated bill should be $10 cheaper. ENSURE that the COSTCO banner is still at the top of the page before you click submit or else you won't receive no giftcard! I had to use IE to keep it between pages. Chrome kept timing out for some reason. Thanks

http://www.costco.com/directv.html?catalogId=10701&srchKeyword=d...

Really hope this works.
I just signed up but just like the others before didn't see the costco logo or anything just a summary of the things being ordered.
Will have to wait and see I guess.

I had to use Internet Explorer to get the Costco banner to stay up the whole time. I tried under chrome and it kept timing out. I ordered last Tuesday and I received a call yesterday from Costco and they said I would get my card in the mail in the next 6-8 weeks.

I just received my $200 Costco card today via FedEx. man that was quick!

Dang, I signed up for a new service via the DirecTV website last week and they just installed it today. Wonder if I can call customer service to ask them to retroactively apply any of these discounts since I'm technically still within the cancel period.

mykeyhope said:   Dang, I signed up for a new service via the DirecTV website last week and they just installed it today. Wonder if I can call customer service to ask them to retroactively apply any of these discounts since I'm technically still within the cancel period.

I actually signed up today, called in an hour later and asked if they could give me the costco GC and said I'd have to cancel and re-signup, which I promptly did. So I doubt you can get them to retroactively do it, but good luck!

maydepot said:   Also got HD receiver and HD channels for free with auto pay. So saving $340 for 2 years for HD, plus 2nd year service is also at a discount, which is a new discount.

Love HD so far!!!!

I am not getting the free HD service each month. They charge $20/month and are giving $10 back for Autopay. Are people still getting it for free?

FlyingBoat said:   maydepot said:   Also got HD receiver and HD channels for free with auto pay. So saving $340 for 2 years for HD, plus 2nd year service is also at a discount, which is a new discount.

Love HD so far!!!!

I am not getting the free HD service each month. They charge $20/month and are giving $10 back for Autopay. Are people still getting it for free?

If you got the Genie and mini genies, that advanced receiver fee is actually $20 a month, so you are still getting a $10/mo discount, but your receiver fee is higher at $20 a month. If you just had HD or HD DVR's, that fee is just $10 a month for the HD + the DVR fee. I just signed my sister-in-law up for this and noticed the Genie fee is $20 per month which includes the HD but not the DVR fee. It's more expensive but you get to record 5 shows at once.

I don't know if that is your siuation, but if it is, that explains it.

If not, you may want to talk to them.

Text

If you got the Genie and mini genies, that advanced receiver fee is actually $20 a month, so you are still getting a $10/mo discount, but your receiver fee is higher at $20 a month. If you just had HD or HD DVR's, that fee is just $10 a month for the HD + the DVR fee. I just signed my sister-in-law up for this and noticed the Genie fee is $20 per month which includes the HD but not the DVR fee. It's more expensive but you get to record 5 shows at once.

I don't know if that is your siuation, but if it is, that explains it.

If not, you may want to talk to them.

No, even with a non Genie HD DVR it is still $10 per month after AutoPay discount.

Receivers:
1 HD DVR Receiver
Extras:
DIRECTV CINEMA™ Connection Kit (FREE)
Required services based on selected receivers: Advanced Receiver Service ($10/mo for 24 months with Auto Bill Pay and Paperless Billing, Reg. price $20/mo)

If I forgo the HD DVR and just get an HD Receiver it is still $10 because there is no mention of a $10 AutoPay discount when selecting just the HD Receiver! The only way to not get an extra charge is to choose only a standard receiver! Is anyone seeing something else? I wonder if this is a change they just made?

Here it is with just an HD Receiver.
Receivers:
1 HD Receiver
Required services based on selected receivers: Advanced Receiver Service-HD ($10/mo)

I called them and they told me the same thing. The only way not to get an HD charge is to choose only a standard receiver, otherwise it is $10 extra per month.

They must have raised the HD receiver fee by $10 a month to $20 a month and never made mention of it. It used to be just $10 a month and then you got it free with the auto pay.I guess they changed it.

Placed my order today! Seemed to work just fine. I'll update if/when Costco card arrives.

Ordered just now...seemed to work ok!

Will have to do this deal. We're using older equipment and DTV is making it difficult to replace with decent stuff. Heck we can't even do VOD any longer because the equipment won't allow it. So going this route, guess I'll cancel, wife will sign up and she can get the costco card, savings and new equipment for the family. Nice.

batter said:   I ordered and a day after installation my online account showed that the costco rebate has been approved. You do NOT need to be a costco member (I am not, well at least not yet).
These instructions worked for me:
0) Delete cookies and Cache from your browser ( Hold Control - Shift - Delete buttons)

1) Go to the Costco DirecTV website: http://www.costco.com/directv.html

2) Click the "Residential Customers Click Here for Details" link box next to the $200 offer. This will take you to a Costco page on the DirecTV website.

3) Click the orange "View All Packages" button near the bottom of the page. DirecTV will ask for your zip code and your County of residence then takes you to the next page.

4) Select your programming package of choice by clicking “Select” under your chosen option, choose the type of receiver per TV and then click the orange "Proceed to Cart" button.

5) IMPORTANT! Open a new Tab in your browser and enter the following link in the new Tab: http://www.directv.com/refer

6) In the space provided: Enter account of friend or PM me , and click the orange "Get DIRECTV" button. Don't hit BACK button after this.

7) A new updated Shopping Cart will be displayed and you will now see a new "Discounts" line item section which says "Referral Credit for 10 Months | Instant Savings -$10.00". You will also notice that the monthly cost will be lowered by ten dollars from the original Shopping Cart. Make sure that you continue your order from the newest Shopping Cart which will reflect the $10.00 discount.

8) Click the orange "Check Out" button to complete your order.

Hi---OK when I did this it did show the referral credit for -$10.00 a month--

-but it also add the following "One-Time SAvings Offer: Bill Credit for 12 Months Instat Saving" -$10.00

My concern is that this One-Time offer will void the $200 Costco Card?

Anyone know if this is the case---Thank you for your help

WOW this was a smoking good deal and I received my $200 Costco cast on the Friday after the Monday I was installed!! I used to work at Comcast and it took at least 90 days to receive any form of rebate! I followed the steps in the original post and my monthly bill with 1 Genie, 1 additional receiver and Entertainment package with movie channels for free for 3 months is $36.99! Sure some of the discounts will drop off later on but if you keep on top of it you can really save over cable!

When I stopped by the kiosk, the rep said that I had to be away from DirecTV for 2 years to come back as a new customer -- it's only been around 16 months. What would happen if we signed up under my wife's name instead of mine, even though the service address is the same?

You will be fine...sign up in your wife's name as a new customer.

magnafides said:   When I stopped by the kiosk, the rep said that I had to be away from DirecTV for 2 years to come back as a new customer -- it's only been around 16 months. What would happen if we signed up under my wife's name instead of mine, even though the service address is the same?

So question... is getting the deal better this way or getting it at the local Costco B&M?

kupua, you cannot double dip if you do it at Costco B&M as you won't get the customer referral discount. Also, when you do it, make sure you look for Showtime... rebates online.

Thanks for the deal instructions! I signed up today and installation is 2/7.

Thanks for the clarification and the tip on the Showtime! props to you!

Thanks, made the switch from Dish. Great promotion!

Here is the most current Showtime Rebate for $25 back Expiry 12/31/13 Showtime Rebate Form

Here is the most current Starz Rebate for $25 back Expiry 12/31/13 Starz Rebate Form

direcTV now has a bundle deal Starz & Showtime for $12.99 a month.

So, I just ordered this but I never put in my Costco member info anywhere... do they just send the card to your address regardless?

magnafides said:   So, I just ordered this but I never put in my Costco member info anywhere... do they just send the card to your address regardless?

Yes, when I placed my order, they did not request my Costco info. Others who are not Costco members also received a card.

Good luck,
RMAC

Just wanted to thank everyone for the information. I called in and they are not able to add the Costco card on the phone, the registration has to be done one line. I then called in afterwards and wanted to see if they would credit me for the additional $5 off that I received in a letter that they mailed and they had no problem with deducting the additional $5 without any additional information. (Saved An Additional $60 over the life of the contract). They then allowed me to use the refer a friend for an additional 10 month deduction of $10 for me (saved an additional $100). So was happy got $44.99 off a month the first year and $10 off for the second year along with the $200 gift card from Costco.

Just ordered this. Fantastic deal. Thanks to OP and everyone contributing information to this post. I can't tell you how happy I am to get rid of Comcast. I too was uncomfortable with the lack of confirmation on the Costco card so it is nice to see others posting their success! I'll post back when I get the Costco card.

Edit: I used Chrome and didn't pay attention to whether the Comcast banner was at the top or not when I completed the order. Did anyone else have issues using Chrome. Will it show up on my Costco account if I call to verify before my install date?

n8mack33 said:   Just ordered this. Fantastic deal. Thanks to OP and everyone contributing information to this post. I can't tell you how happy I am to get rid of Comcast. I too was uncomfortable with the lack of confirmation on the Costco card so it is nice to see others posting their success! I'll post back when I get the Costco card.

Edit: I used Chrome and didn't pay attention to whether the Comcast banner was at the top or not when I completed the order. Did anyone else have issues using Chrome. Will it show up on my Costco account if I call to verify before my install date?

FYI - I went through it all over again and used Chrome and it showed the Costco label on the top of the page the entire time so hopefully this means Chrome is not an issue. I suspect others would have been complaining about not receiving the Costco card if it was an issue. Just reporting here because 1 user reported the Costco banner was disappearing from the top of the page using Chrome. Again, I'll confirm when I get my Costco card.

just wanting confirmation, so you can sign up online to get the Costco deal? And, Costco 200 card doesn't show up in the shopping cart but as long as the Costco banner is there you are good? Last, you don't have to be a member? Thanks in advance.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014