• filter:
  • 1 234574
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
It's nice to be recognized for the things you do. Unfortunately, in a community with well over a million subscribed members, you can be a substantial contributor and still get the feeling nobody noticed.

The Achievements system is one step toward providing our members with more recognition for contributing to the forums, our site, and the community we've developed.

There are tons of ways you can stand out and be a positive influence in our community, and not all of them are by authoring Hot Deals posts. We've started with a modest list of achievements and plan on adding more as time goes on.

Some goals are clearly mapped out, and a few have more mysterious requirements. If you're interested in earning them all, contribute often, recognize others for their own contributions, and generally be a positive force in our community.

Alternately, collect them all so you can lord your superior forum skills over all the rest of the n00bs and get into achievement comparison contests with your rivals.

We hope you like it. Reply here and give us any comments or suggestions!

You can now see your achievements by clicking on my account.

You can now turn off achievements in the forums by clicking on my account -> appearance -> graphics & images -> show achievements

More achievement changes!

In the forums, we're only displaying one row of achievements now! But, you can customize this row to display the achievements you want. Click on your avatar to go to your profile and drag badges over to the favorites area.

Ads by Google
Member Summary

Achievements (115.41kB)
Thanks mooncusser
Disclaimer

world class (9.80kB)
Thanks am0s
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
As someone who subscribes to the "pet" category, the Woof badge has been kind of nice. Thanks all.

VBMcGB (Jul. 28, 2014 @ 12:52p) |

WOOF!!

Kariput (Jul. 29, 2014 @ 1:53p) |

Maybe for replying?

carriewhite (Jul. 29, 2014 @ 2:12p) |

Mystery achievement

NOTE: The term "exploitable" is used to denote a situation where one can essentially give the badge to themselves in a fairly quick manner that may not exactly follow the spirit of the badge.

Bumps
Do we have any idea of number thresholds for these? (I got my mmmmBump on post 893 to FW...many were not in Hot Deals, well over 100 were deals posted by me, and I have also posted in other forums. So maybe 500 bumps?)

Hot Deals
Self explanatory

Give Green
Self explanatory

Hot Deal Views
I'm guessing this is not necessarily distinct "somebodies." Could be exploitable.

Hot Deal Clicks
Same issue as the Hot Deal Views. Could be exploitable, though more challenging.

In For ______
Even knowing numbers here would be largely unhelpful. However, it is for online purchases clicked through FW only. Mods will not count "In for one" posts by hand.

Spreading the Word
Clicks generated from sharing a link via Facebook, Twitter, or email. Definitely exploitable.

Quick Summary Edits
Refers to total number of edits, not necessarily different threads. Easily exploitable.

Got Green
Says it is for the number of replies that generate green, but this seems very unlikely based on personal experience. More likely, it is total green earned from replies (minus red).

Best. Deal. Ever.'s
Self explanatory.

All Bases Covered
For a Hot Deal post to count, it cannot be in the archives (90 days without a reply). Subcategories are not necessary.

Out of My Comfort Zone
May apply to threads that get moved from Hot Deals

Social Butterfly
May apply to threads that get moved from Hot Deals

Hat Trick
Self explanatory.

Welcome Wagon
Post something (anything) in the Welcome forum.

Santa's Little Helper
Given somewhat subjectively by a mod who notices something helpful. One example was clearing out a bunch of expired deals.
From a forum supervisor: "Santa's Little Helper is saved for when some one makes an extraordinary contribution in the forums. It's pretty rare."

Informed
Self explanatory

A Thousand Words
Upload an image from your hard drive to a post when it is first created.

Holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, etc.)
Self explanatory

Coupon Clipper
Go to Coupons and Deals->Store Coupons, select a store, and enter the coupon code and description in the text boxes in the right margin. You'll be asked to confirm the info.

Fly Paper
Post a topic that gets stickied by a mod. Unlike most achievements (which are focused primarily or even exclusively on Hot Deals), this achivement is almost impossible for non-mods to accomplish in Hot Deals.

Black Friday Customizer
Click on the Black Friday 2011 link in the top bar->click Find a Deal->select anything, click Save This View->give it a name

We've Got a Leak!
Post a BF ad (must be first for that merchant)

You Can't be Serious!
Originally awarded for posting something that was immediately followed by an LOL post. Now awarded when someone quotes your posts and follows with LOL.

I Can Do Better!
Post something that earns more green than the OP

Secret Admirer
Give some number (20?) of greens to different posts by the same individual

Longevity
Have a thread last for 180 days in Hot Deals without being archived (90 days of inactivity). This seems to only be available to threads that started AFTER achievements started. (?)

Stalked
Receive some number (20?) of greens to different posts from the same individual

First Responder
Theories abound, but it seems that for every one, someone says "That can't be it because I never did that." This could mean multiple methods work.
Methods proposed:
-Be the first to edit AND post a picture in the QS
-Be the first to post a picture to the QS
-Be first to respond to a thread
-Be first to respond to a thread meeting some popularity/posting threshold
-Be first to green a thread
-Be first to green a thread meeting some popularity/posting threshold
-Be first to post in a calendar day

FATALITY!
Post a deal that brings the merchant site down (?)

Spooktacular
Post a hot deal on Halloween

Vitality
Post a Hot Deal within the same number of hours Fatwallet was down after it recovered from a server crash (may never happen again)

Double (and single) Digit badges (as of 12/25/2011)
mmmmmmBUMP!!! - 86
100 Hot Deals - 72
500 Hot Deals - 20
Give 500 Green - 66
In For a Ton! - 36
Spreading the Word (50) - 33
Spreading the Word (100) - 26
Spreading the Word (500) - 16
50 Quick Summary Edits - 57
100 Quick Summary Edits - 33
500 Quick Summary Edits - 10
Bestest. Deal. Ever. - 64
More Bestest. Deal. Ever. - 38
All Bases Covered - 15
We've Got a Leak! - 32
Santa's Little Helper - 40
New Year's Day - 60
Easter - 90
Fly Paper - 21
Stocking Stuffer - 43
Baby New Year - 0
Fatality - 27

Message edited by: johnnybs on 2011-12-25 13:20:56 CST

rated:
I wonder if there is a secret achievement for replying to this topic!

Edit: No... But maybe one for editing a post in this topic???

Edit: No... But maybe one for excessive use of s???

Edit: No.

rated:
I hope so...I like achieving things.

rated:
things are getting cluttered around =here.....

rated:
Those labels are a bit annoying but I guess it will take some getting used to.
Nice idea but some seem redundent.

rated:
I like... and I like the fact I can get one just by posting this.

Happy Wednesday my fellow FW'ers.

rated:
is there 1 for a ?

rated:
I'm channeling the force...

rated:
Please give us a way to turn this off. Makes forum threads difficult to follow.

rated:
turtlebug said: I'm channeling the force...

Me too, Maybe Knighthood is citizen Mod-dom

rated:
too bad fw. im color blind. i cant see nothing.

rated:
I wanna know the requirements for a "FATALITY!" award

rated:
in for a few

in 4 a few

rated:
KayK said: I wanna know the requirements for a "FATALITY!" award

Down, Forward, Back, Back, High Kick!

rated:
I like the idea, we may need to reconsider the execution a bit though...i'm sure ya'll are already on that though

rated:
gderrick1961 said: Please give us a way to turn this off. Makes forum threads difficult to follow.

I see you have the minimum amount of flair, look at Stan he has 37 pieces of flair on.

rated:
grimJAW said: Down, Forward, Back, Back, High Kick!Now translate that in FatWallet terms for me

rated:
What's not to like about merit badges?

rated:
KayK said: grimJAW said: Down, Forward, Back, Back, High Kick!Now translate that in FatWallet terms for me

It means: Dance, Rutgers Sissy!

rated:
Can we buy a Black Friday t-shirt when we've reached a certain number of achievements as a reward? Just a thought as I really, really want one of those t-shirts and am not creative enough to design one nor could I beat anybody posting a hot deal to earn one that way. But, yes, I love the idea of acknowledging achievements! And just plain love Fat Wallet regardless!

rated:
testing out the system

rated:
I like this, its gonna motivate me more to dig for more hot deals out there and post them here...

rated:
Badges?...

rated:
i just wanna see how many i have.

rated:
We don't need no stinkin badges!

rated:
Looks too cluttered??

rated:
I'm simply posting so that I can see my own achievements...

rated:
Nice!

rated:
Neato! Its like back in the 3rd grade when the teacher gave out gold stars for good behavior,(only now I am actually getting some)

rated:
SWEEETTTTT!!!! LOVE IT!

rated:
hisgranny said: Can we buy a Black Friday t-shirt when we've reached a certain number of achievements as a reward? Just a thought as I really, really want one of those t-shirts and am not creative enough to design one nor could I beat anybody posting a hot deal to earn one that way. But, yes, I love the idea of acknowledging achievements! And just plain love Fat Wallet regardless!

Yes You could!

rated:
Uhhh, since the awards have levels, it's kind of silly to display the bronze or silver badge if you also have the gold. Things are pretty cluttered right now.

rated:
Love the idea, about the execution:

1. Make them smaller and fit within the height of the avatar image. Try on the sides of the avatar, that way it won't clutter so much and take vertical space. You are dealing with lazy readers who don't want to scroll much.
2. Hard to distinguish the hierarchy of colors. See 2500 vs. 7500 hot deal views...

Keep up the good work!

Z.

rated:
Cluttered, but fun - thanks!

rated:
good idea

rated:
LetsGoMets1 said: Those labels are a bit annoying but I guess it will take some getting used to.
Nice idea but some seem redundent.
Agree. It's like someone with a graduate degree from Harvard doesn't need his High School, Middle school and Elementary school degrees mentioned as well. Couldn't you just have the highest level for each category displayed?

rated:
sterno said: Badges?... Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!!

rated:
DavidScubadiver said: We don't need no stinkin badges!

First time referenced in which movie?

and going for my stalker badge...lol!

rated:
Nice looking badges. I guess some people here might go out of space after a while.

Skipping 2920 Messages...
rated:
Maybe for replying?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1 234574
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014