• filter:
  • 173747576 77
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
GMY said:   
whatever2341 said:   I don't get the achievements and badges. Is there any actual reward other than acknowledgement?
��
Sometimes you might get some swag....... maybe.

I've gotten swag nearly every few years, give or take a couple of years. Good thing, since the dog took off with the official FW ball and we haven't seen it since. The pen still works...

rated:
My cat liked the FW ball, only she knows where it is today

A FW package arrived in todays mail

My cat thought it might be another ball, but it was only a tshirt

rated:
GMY said:   Next question, why do some of you only have black and white badges, instead of technicolor like mine?

Also, are there any "flag" badges?

Independence Day badge is pretty flag-like if you mean a stars & stripes kinda badge.
lovelybones said:   I think I should receive a special badge.
just curious, why?

When was the ball??? My FW pen ran out of ink pretty quickly. Maybe it was 'used'? Piranha is still my fave. Any site can send pens & t-shirts but piranhas?

rated:
LORENW said:   
GMY said:   Next question, why do some of you only have black and white badges, instead of technicolor like mine?

Also, are there any "flag" badges?

A color change can happen at any time

I feel light red today

GMY, some folks like to customize which 5 badges show whenever they post. Right now many folks are displaying Black Friday related badges in honor of the "season," and these badges happen to be designed in mostly black and white. However, as LORENW noted, you can pick whatever color scheme you desire (e.g., all brown, all grey, all yellow, alternating colors), or just the badges you like the most or are most proud of, etc. To customize your badges, click on your avatar or the "___ more" badges link. In the window that pops up, to the right of the list of all achievements that you have ever earned is an area called "Favorite Achievements" (see attachment) where you can drag up to 5 earned badges/not greyed out to control what is displayed with your avatar when you post in the forums.

I'm not sure what you mean by "flag badges," but if you click on " view all possible achievements " at the bottom of that same pop up window, you can see a list of all badges ever created/awarded by FW and a description of each, including expired badges. It is also easier to tell what the badge images actually are since the images are larger: Maybe the BF megaphone looks like a flag or maybe you mean the independence day badge? Alternately, if you are in a thread and see another poster has a badge that want to know about, just hover over it to see the badge's name (if you then decide you need a full description, you can click their avatar/more badges link to access the view all possible achievements link with full descriptions.

@ martin628 and LORENW: I love my FW ball too! I can't find mine either but live alone and don't have any pets.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   
When was the ball??? My FW pen ran out of ink pretty quickly. Maybe it was 'used'? Piranha is still my fave. Any site can send pens & t-shirts but piranhas?

I never got the FW piranha but I did just mind my ball (think I got that a couple of years ago). My FW pens last about as long as any other gel pen... you may have gotten a lemon.

rated:

Also, are there any "flag" badges

Anyone can get a stinkin flag badge -- you have the coveted "You Rock"

rated:
Perhaps I will be in a blue mood soon

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   When was the ball??? My FW pen ran out of ink pretty quickly. Maybe it was 'used'? Piranha is still my fave. Any site can send pens & t-shirts but piranhas?
Maybe cause I only use the pen to sign checks. Never got a Piranha, and am almost positive nothing has bitten me recently from inside a box, except that one time and it probably wasn't the swag...

rated:

The black and white badges were from the early days when the internet was in monochrome. Technicolor came later in the 50s and 60s..

rated:
I love achievements and badges

And FatWallet

rated:
TruSolja said:   I love achievements and badges

And FatWallet

I do too, but lately have been too busy getting Xbox Oneachievement badges!!! LOL

rated:
Post We don't need no stinkin' badges

rated:
Sorry, my bad, should have not posted it here, please remove if possible

rated:
Time for a few more badges

rated:
Expect we'll see one like Father Time and one for the New Year.

rated:
Didn't have any Christmas badges this year

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 173747576 77
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014