• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
There's 20% off HF coupon.

I successfully used it this morning to buy Porter Cable cordless drill + circular saw combo (http://www.lowes.com/pd_37894-79992-PC218C-2_0__?productId=12089...

$89 - 20% = around $77 (the store clerk did price adjustment to 80% instead of applying 20% discount, so the tax is based on the adjusted price )

FYI:
- my newspaper is LA Times, and I think the coupon is in the Red Plum insert
- my local Lowe's store is in Peyon/Chino 91709 (same complex as Costco)

HTH

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Had never thought of that. Also, don't forget TrueValue. They mail me $5/$25 coupons every few months--good for a quic... (more)

Gertrude23 (Nov. 09, 2010 @ 2:08p) |

My HD / Lowes will not take HF coupons but I hope yours does!

brotherhpj (Nov. 09, 2010 @ 2:23p) |

My HD does not accept HF coupons.

Shaksdeals (Nov. 09, 2010 @ 4:59p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

gimme that first responder badge

hahaha.. i know this achievement feature is easily abused

we'll see more 'first!' replies now

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

Thanks OP!

Not sure how that worked -- usually Lowe's will only honor this sort of deal for same item. OP, did your HF have Porter-Cable? Mine only has their house brand -- to my knowledge that's pretty much all they do, and Lowe's and HD won't match to house brands -- understandably.

i've tried this before at lowes and they would only do 10% off b/c they don't have 20% off coupons. good score for you. on the other hand, Home Depot has matched that coupon every time for me. coupon is also in mags: mens health and playboy.... if you don't have a HF near you, you might want to try Ace Hardware coupons. HD has matched them for me before. As the last poster said, some cashiers are quicker to say no if HF/Ace don't sell the item and some don't care. Happy Hunting

jumi said: Not sure how that worked -- usually Lowe's will only honor this sort of deal for same item. OP, did your HF have Porter-Cable? Mine only has their house brand -- to my knowledge that's pretty much all they do, and Lowe's and HD won't match to house brands -- understandably.

Nope, my HF doesn't carry PC brand. Perhaps my luck, but my Lowe's rep just said 'HF coupon? Sure we do, they're our competitor'

Perhaps it's because I shopped very early and they just happen to have good moods

ezletzpla said: i've tried this before at lowes and they would only do 10% off b/c they don't have 20% off coupons. good score for you. on the other hand, Home Depot has matched that coupon every time for me. coupon is also in mags: mens health and playboy.... if you don't have a HF near you, you might want to try Ace Hardware coupons. HD has matched them for me before. As the last poster said, some cashiers are quicker to say no if HF/Ace don't sell the item and some don't care. Happy Hunting

Yeah, that depends on the cashier or store manager.

For me, I will try with 'real' coupons (from newspaper or magazine). I can never (99%) successfully use internet/printer coupon. Also, if 'real' coupon doesn't work, I'll try again the next time/day or other store. (of course if the deal is very good.. if not, I'll just forget it).

Wow OP, you are very lucky. My local Lowes has trained all their employees to say "Our system is incapable of giving more than 10% off. We'd be happy to accept the competitors coupon but we can only give you 10% off." Every time I've been there I get that response word for word.

Anyone else get these to work?

peste386 said: Wow OP, you are very lucky. My local Lowes has trained all their employees to say "Our system is incapable of giving more than 10% off. We'd be happy to accept the competitors coupon but we can only give you 10% off." Every time I've been there I get that response word for word.

I'm so surprised it's my lucky day.

I wish there's an FW achievement for that... "20% off in Lowe's"

Anyway, good luck to you all!

Start the coupon matching abuse!

My Lowe's and HD won't accept Harbor Freight coupons because they are not a "local" competitor. Nearest one is 70 miles away.

There is already a thread for Harbor Freight coupons, BTW.

Harbor Freight is local to Southern California. I get their 20% off coupons all the time in various mailings. I will have to try using them at Lowes and Home Depot. Thanks for the tip.

Nice, thanks.

My local HD will not accept internet coupons, even their own. I've got lots of Harbor Freight coupons. Next time I'm there I'll get it a try. Thanks for this post.

TY, OP

Good to know and will try @ my location Lowe's and HD. It is metro Atlanta.

Thanks OP!

Check free Spanish language newspapers for this and about every other ad. Locally, La Voz has been including the Harbor Freight ad that has not only the 20% coupon but also a coupon for a free flashlight (last one was for a helmet light, but not LED) or multimeter (free with any purchase).

The 20% coupon is in the current ads included in Popular Mechanics, Popular Science, Road & Track, Car & Driver, and Harbor Freight has also advertised in Maxim, Forbes, and Business Week.

My magazines This Old House and Family Handyman always have these 20% coupons too.

I had never thought to use HF coupons at HD or Lowes. Thanks for the tip

Had never thought of that. Also, don't forget TrueValue. They mail me $5/$25 coupons every few months--good for a quick trip. Thanks OP!

BeerGood said: I had never thought to use HF coupons at HD or Lowes. Thanks for the tip

My HD / Lowes will not take HF coupons but I hope yours does!

My HD does not accept HF coupons.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014