• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just got back from Costco for something else and came home with a PowerStation PSX this one here on Amazon.

Seems like the negative reviews are those that doesn't read the instructions. Charge it up once a month and the battery should last you for years. I picked one up for my boat but should be good for the cold winter months as well.

Cheapest I've found online $74.99+shipping

price at Costco is $65+tax which is a killer price.

Product Description
Whether you need a jump starter for your vehicle, a high pressure air compressor for your tires or some extra light on the side of the road as you perform these tasks; the new PSX PowerStation Does it all! The New and improved Rugged PSX Jumpstart unit easily starts dead batteries in seconds without the need for another vehicle. The PSX PowerStation also easily inflates vehicle tires with its high power 260psi built-in air compressor and works as a 12-volt power source for all of today's high tech devices.

Features:
400 Amps Battery - 1000 Peak Amps
12V 1000mA DC Charger
High-Impact Plastic
Carbon Fiber Face for added ruggedness
One-Year Limited Warranty

Includes:
3 Types of Air Compressor Fitting Accessories
120-Volt AC Charger
Two 12-Volt DC Power Cables

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Excellent find! Passing it on to a friend!

Thanks!

a little update: I wanted to do a test on this unit so I disconnected the main battery cable and hook this little box up to a car. It cranked a car right up. This mean that when needed, it would turn a car with a 100% drained battery which is quite cool.

I think it's been this price for over a year...I bought it about a year ago for $65. Haven't used it for jumping yet, mostly for the air compressor, but it's nice to have it just in case. Battery seems to be going strong still.

I just purchased on yesterday in the Morrow, GA location and found it to be quite good. I recently had to replace the battery in my full sized pickup and still had the dead as a doornail old one on hande. I unhooked the new battery and hooked up the bad one then checked to make sure it was really dead. Used this jump starter and holy cow -- It worked like a champ. I'm off to pick up another one tonight for my brother's christmas present. He used to have one of these *(differnt brand) that died a few months ago and was cringing at the cost of replacement units. This one is a GREAT price and works. Indespensable for anyone running a small construction or landscaping company.

Thanks!

18Ah battery is pretty big. Most of the units in this price range are in the 8-10 range.

Batteries of this type do not respond well to being at full discharge and have a definite shelf life (independent of usage)... so if you ever drain the thing get it charged back up quickly. Do not expect the battery to last more than 3-5 years same as any other sealed lead acid battery.

I've been using these units in my vehicles for quite some time, tend to recharge them same time I change my oil or at least every 6 months or so and have never had an issue. The ones I have (cheap vectors) are going on about 5 years now so they are probably due for replacement, will have to look into this, especially from Costco...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014