• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
BACK PAGE HOTTIE!!
spend 100.00 on select gift cards from 11/21 to 11/27*note dates**
get a 20.00 oyno for groceries...limit 5...oyno are good for 1 week, and can not be stacked...
stores are
best buy, applebees, Kohls, regal cineams, amc, bass pro, barnes n noble or itunes

possibly others.

will try to obtain a scan with fine print as soon as possible.

Member Summary
Qualifying Gift Cards:

Non-Qualifying Gift Cards:

• Shell
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Which stores are in the Acme-related chain?

roy7736 said: Which stores are in the Acme-related chain?

Krogers and certain Albertson's which Kroger owns. Think a few others. maybe someone can help with info on this. but deal is good. working on getting all the details and a scan now.

I normally get my new Acme ad on Weds in the mail, it did not come today.

If someone has received their NEW ad (look on the back page for this gift card promo), if you can scan it or type up the fine print for this thread, it would help greatly.

Get $20 in FREE* groceries when you purchase $100 in select gift cards from 11/21-11/27/10. Choose from iTunes, Regal, Barnes & Noble, Applebee's, Bass Pro Shop, AMC, Kohl's and Best Buy. *Get a $20 coupon at checkout for your nest grocery purchase when you buy $100 in select gift cards; savings coupon no redeemable for cash, cannot be used to purchase gift cards, alcohol, tobacco, fluid dairy, prescriptions, products and services provided as convenience to our customers. Limit 5 coupons per qualifying purchase, each coupon valid 1 week from issuance, limit one $20 coupon per redeeming transaction; all gift cards subject to terms and conditions of issuer. See store for comple details

(still awaiting confirm if the gift cards above were the ones pictured and others qualify or these are the only stores) will update soon.

Albertsons was broken up into 3 groups when they were sold. Acme as well as the other worthwhile supermarkets(1100/1200 total) such as Lucky and Albersons in California were bought by Super Valu which is the largest supplier of groceries to independent grocers in the USA. Super Valu itself now is the 2nd largest grocer behind Wal-Mart in the USA. All the remaining Albersons(650 or so) were bought by the investment group Cerebus Capital Management and Kimco Realty Group (Kimco at the time the largest US owner of community shopping centers in the USA) Because at these locations Albertsons also owned the land and therefore the strip malls. Any of these that were viable were kept as Albertsons under a licensing agreement with Super Valu. CVS bought the remaining 1/3 of Albertsons which were the 700 to 800 stand alone drug stores such as Osco and Sav-On and are gradually changing them into CVS. Kroger never had and still doesn't have anything to do with Acme and Albertsons what so ever.

I don't think these apply to the stores Cerebus Capital Management and Kimco Realty Group -- which are the ones in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, South Dakota and Wyoming.

This does apply to some Southern California Albertsons. Too bad none near me have Staples GCs. I will likely end up getting $500 in Amazon GCs.

Yep, got $500 in Amazon GCs, and got 5 $20 coupons that expire 12/24/10. Two Albertsons (Ventura, Oxnard) had Staples cards on the rack, but not in the computer and could not activate them.

I got the ARCO gift cards==$500 get 100 in groceries. ALways need gas...And to make this even better--used the CHASE card with 5% back on groceries. (extra $25 back..)

I tried, and had $100 in Shell Gift cards, and didn't get a coupon for those.

metsfan said: Yep, got $500 in Amazon GCs, and got 5 $20 coupons that expire 12/24/10. Two Albertsons (Ventura, Oxnard) had Staples cards on the rack, but not in the computer and could not activate them.Just to clarify, they couldnt activate them or they didnt count for the promo?

Putting a list in summary

This does not apply to Lucky Stores in Northern CA. Those are operated by Save Mart.

All Wyoming Albertsons are owned by SuperValu (They bought them back from LLC/Cerebus)

Kroger does NOT operate any Albertsons locations, period. None. (they bought a bunch and rebranded them to kroger, but do not operate any of them as Albertsons)

user0001 said: metsfan said: Yep, got $500 in Amazon GCs, and got 5 $20 coupons that expire 12/24/10. Two Albertsons (Ventura, Oxnard) had Staples cards on the rack, but not in the computer and could not activate them.Just to clarify, they couldnt activate them or they didnt count for the promo?

Putting a list in summary

They couldn't activate them. They scanned in the computer as "unknown item." They even had a manager call someone about it... I waited for 15 minutes and they said they weren't going to be able to make it work. Someone on SD said they got Staples GCs in San Diego, and got their coupons, though.

Thanks OP!

Just came from Shaw's (northeast) and they have spend 100 get 10, but it includes more places, like marshalls, tj maxx, Legal Sea Foods, jc penney etc. Anyone up here see the 20 coupon at a shaw's?

Bought 2 x $100 Macy's and 1 x $100 Nordstroms at Alberstons in SoCal. The cashier had to ring up each $100 transaction separately. She said if you use any cash off coupons, that will bring the total to less than $100 and you won't get the $20 coupon back. We actually returned and repurchased using the gift cards a $200 item at Macy's, thus now saving $40!!! Great post OP, and also pjbearpj from a previous threat. I'll be going back for more this week (suppose to run till Dec 4 in Socal Alberstons).

I bought $500 GC from Albertson's and get 5 $20 coupon for Albertson's. Then I went to Best Buy and bought a ipad, so technically, my ipad is just $399 only. I went to Albertson's today and bought $21 grocery and used my $20 coupon, end up I just paid $1 for my grocery!!!

** The grocery coupon will be expired on 12/24/10, minimum $20 purchase is required for each use.

Don't forget Chase %5 Cash Back at grocery stores this quarter.

Some details from a So. Cal. Albersons ad:
Limit of 5 coupons per qualifying purchase;
Coupon valid through 12/24/10;
Limit of one $20 coupon per redeeming transaction

Update: Store manager said they've been allowing more than one $20 coupon to be used per transaction (I used 2). YMMV, of course.

Still going on until 12/12 in SoCal. SD says you can trade the $20 coupons for Albertsons gift cards, which are technically supposedly not gift cards. I'll probably max out Chase Freedom's limit this way on gas.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014