• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I didn't see this posted yet

Amazon has the full compliment of DROID devices from Big Red the DROID Incredible, X, 2, and Pro on sale for a single penny for those opening a new line of service. The offer is good now through November 22nd and includes free activation.

Droid X
Droid II
Droid Pro
Incredible

compare droids versions here

I stole from here http://www.bgr.com/2010/11/19/amazon-sells-droid-smartphones-for...

Props up front where due... if Droid X is your flavor (or you are looking to reup with a 2 yr contract extension).... WalMart may be a hotter deal earning $10. here is the direct link

Here is the other FW Deal

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Getting my daughter a new phone for Christmas. Can anyone please tell me if the only service to offer the droid is veriz... (more)

Sprintx (Nov. 23, 2010 @ 6:47p) |

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_Droid "The brand name Droid is a trademark of Lucasfilm licensed to Verizon W... (more)

JonesBeach (Nov. 23, 2010 @ 7:45p) |

ordered a droid x ($70) and 2 fascinates ($0.01 each) on nov 27th. it was the best deal involving family plan and multip... (more)

vsp3c (Nov. 29, 2010 @ 5:11p) |

Better way to compare android phones: http://www.google.com/phone/
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Best smartphones on the market today.

Thank You!

Picked up 2 Samy Captivates for 2 cents! Saved me $400 from what ATT wanted to charge.

If you want to add a line or upgrade don't forget WalMart has $100 GC We did the Droid X for Verizon last night and made $10

cyberpitstop said: If you want to add a line or upgrade don't forget WalMart has $100 GC We did the Droid X for Verizon last night and made $10

Where is that deal? I think that would be useful to a lot of people. Thanks!

cheepdate25 said: cyberpitstop said: If you want to add a line or upgrade don't forget WalMart has $100 GC We did the Droid X for Verizon last night and made $10

Where is that deal? I think that would be useful to a lot of people. Thanks!

It's talked about here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1036301/

I saw that deal, but I'd rather not deal with WalMart on my phone and I've had good experiences with Amazon on the phone thing. Glad the prices on the Droid X have come down. I think I'm in.

Uh...Evo dude.

is it possible to buy four phones, sell two of them, substituting the two with non-smartphones and avoiding their smartphone data fees?

runxctry said: is it possible to buy four phones, sell two of them, substituting the two with non-smartphones and avoiding their smartphone data fees?

No.

Thanks, OP. My wife and I were on the fence about getting Droid Xs, but at $0.01 we're definitely jumping on that deal.

How do I renew my contract early, so I can take advantage of this deal?

Just don't cancel your 2yr agreement if you buy this way. Amazon charges another $250 on top of Verizon penalty's if you cancel

MeIsCheap said: Just don't cancel your 2yr agreement if you buy this way. Amazon charges another $250 on top of Verizon penalty's if you cancel

WHAT?!? No way.....

These aren't the Droids I'm looking for.

MeIsCheap said: Just don't cancel your 2yr agreement if you buy this way. Amazon charges another $250 on top of Verizon penalty's if you cancel must be minimum 181 days

What's the least expensive service that you can get with a droid phone?

Picked up a Samsung Fascinate for $30, free shipping, and I have an existing account. They're on sale BF for $1 at 2 places I saw, but this is a really nice phone! Saves waiting in line at Best Buy.

how much is the service?

my dad works at verizon and he said three new droids just came out today and are on sale at verizon stores so they are trying to get rid of these older droids

Is anybody selling Droids at a decent price (now or for BF) that are available with the $15 data plan instead of the $30 plan?

Thanks OP and green for you! However, people should know that..
Amazon always has good phones for a penny with 2 yr contract, including some of the DROIDs, at least they did when I checked a couple weeks ago.

This is not a thread crap, I'd just like to know which of these DROIDs are newly discounted? I am seriously considering pulling the trigger and getting one. Anyone know if any of these ship with the new version of Android.

This may not be the best deal always. I went to best buy today, they were selling droid X for $99 but the monthly data plan has a $15 option (for 200MB), In Amazon the minimum data plan is $30. So if you want this plan you will end up paying $260 more over the contract period

skdutta said: This may not be the best deal always. I went to best buy today, they were selling droid X for $99 but the monthly data plan has a $15 option (for 200MB), In Amazon the minimum data plan is $30. So if you want this plan you will end up paying $260 more over the contract period

Thank you for pointing this out. I think there are a lot of people out there (like me) who want a smartphone so they can check email on the go and look up phone numbers etc. on the web as needed but who don't want to surf 24/7 and thus don't want the unlimited data plan at $30/mo.

Just got 2 Samsung Captivates for ATT for $0.02 cents. We both were able to Upgrade to our account.

Comparison with Virgin and Samsung Intercept Android phone:
Virgin + Intercept
- unlimited minutes + unlimited data(i think = 2gb) is $60 per month
- this android phone is $250
- total: 250 + 60*24 = 1690 for 2 years (unlimited minutes and internet)
- Virgin runs on sprint, which is not so great when compared to Verizon

Droid + Verizon:
- Unlimited minutes and web = $110 + approx $10 taxes
- this android phone = free
- total: 120 * 24 = $2880.
- So basically you pay extra $1190 over 2 years for a better carrier and slightly better phone running the same OS.
- verizon's cheapest plan which is 450 minutes amounts to approx $1800 for 2 years!

Is it only me who thinks that the plans from verizon are damn expensive? I understand 10% to 20% premium for better network, but 1690 in comparison to 2880 makes me think! For the saved money one can purchase another phone and another line. Here is one other thought:
Verizon: one Android phone(Droid) + 1 line unlimited minutes and data 2 yrs = $2880
Virgin: two Android phones(Samsung Intercept) + 1 line unlimited data and minutes + 1 line unlimited data and 1200 minutes = $2900!

bestdealseaker said: What's the least expensive service that you can get with a droid phone?

$15 for 150 MB.

I just bought a Droid Incredible for $80 from Amazon Wireless a month ago. E-mailed them and they gave me a price adjustment, which in this case is basically a refund. Thanks Amazon!

The $15 data plan is available but I could not select it on line, I had to call Verizon customer service and switched both a Blackberry 9650 and the new Verizon Droid to $15 data plans.

Yep, Verizon is more expensive than everyone. If you compare minutes and features, Verizon is always the most expensive option. It's the price for having the best service. But there are special deals and corporate discounts which help bring down the price.

I don't see how getting a phone through Verizon vs Sprint is a deal at all. Sprint is only $69/month for unlimited everything. The same for Verizon would cost me $30 more a month which would equal $720 extra for the length of a 2 year contract. I would rather buy an EVO for $99 and save myself $380--> (the extra 4G $10 fee for two years also deducted).

Was just at Sprint store last night, Samsung Epic and Evo were $249 and $199 respectively, after $100 rebate.
Both phones on Amazon wireless are $99.99, same monthly plan rate, $36 activation with Amazon.

I'm really surprised there is that much difference in phone cost.

Once my wife decides which phone she wants it will be bought thru Amazon.

floodgater said: These aren't the Droids I'm looking for.

I believe you were looking for.........THESE

Droid X is now showing backordered. They're still taking orders, but delivery date is early January.

Just ordered 2 DX for $.02, 1/5/11 delivery, lots of the time cancel and to see whether LTE roll out in Dec will have new 4g phones.

Thanks OP!

i am trying to add a droid x to my shopping cart, but it is coming up to $49.99.

i am trying to add a droid x to my shopping cart, but it is coming up to $49.99.

edit

will add that I am adding it as new service for an individual account.

Dang..just missed it!!

According to the OP, the offer expired on Nov. 22 (yesterday).

Nope, still active for $0.01, though the Incredible is back ordered.

cyberpitstop said: If you want to add a line or upgrade don't forget WalMart has $100 GC We did the Droid X for Verizon last night and made $10

WalMart's website says you need to sign up for a $30 data plan -- is that really true or have they just not updated the site to say you can also do the $15 plan?

Getting my daughter a new phone for Christmas. Can anyone please tell me if the only service to offer the droid is verizon? Thanks in advance.

Skipping 2 Messages...
ordered a droid x ($70) and 2 fascinates ($0.01 each) on nov 27th. it was the best deal involving family plan and multiple smartphones i could find at the moment; other places (Dell, Wirefly, etc.) had better deals on the droid x but they were charging $100+ for non-primary line smartphones.

the expected shipping date when i ordered it was jan 11th, which i was bummed out about. but i just got an email that said it shipped out today and i should be expecting delivery dec 1st.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014