• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Got this Email today. I have this internet phone service and love it. Excellent sound quality.

ONE DAY ONLY - BLACK FRIDAY DEAL
This Friday, November 26, 2010

BUY ONE DUO - GET ONE DUO - FREE!

http://www.nettalk.com/ Link-o- Rama

Enter coupon code BLACKFRIDUO at checkout.

Offer available on Friday, November 26, 2010 only. Limited quantities available. Tax and shipping costs do not apply unless stated otherwise. No rainchecks. These limited time offers cannot be combined with any other coupons, discounts, or promotions. Offer is not valid on previous purchases. Gift Cards/Certificates purchased from a 3rd party Merchant do not apply unless stated otherwise. Offer may change without notice. Other exclusions may apply. Offer valid in US only.

I just got the DUO about 2 months ago and love it. Sound quality is EXCELLENT !! MUCH better than Magic Jack, MJ had poor call quality, so I ebayed it. MJ also requires a computer to use. NeTalk does not require a computer.

netTalk - No computer required to use, just plug it into your router and an elec outlet and dial away.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Well, although it works fine for making calls I wish I had saved my $45.00.

Fax won't work on it, even though it dials th... (more)

jimates (Nov. 29, 2010 @ 2:43p) |

Just installed mine today and the voice quality is good. It's a little funky when I use Google Voice but it did work. Th... (more)

DanoMcGarret (Dec. 03, 2010 @ 10:30p) |

In my previous posts I was talking about it not working with a fax. I in fact have a Panasonic Replay PVR with a modem t... (more)

jimates (Dec. 09, 2010 @ 3:47a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Sounds interesting, but no inbound number porting available?

How can I transfer my TK6000 or DUO number to another provider?
Currently, transferring or porting your number is not available.

just use Google Voice as your Front wall #

will this special discount be with a promotion code or open for the public ordering that day if you need a code please make it available for the public in this site thank you

P.S i got this product and can't still believe the call quality and the price is unbelievable Thank You again

TheGreatjr said: will this special discount be with a promotion code or open for the public ordering that day if you need a code please make it available for the public in this site thank you

P.S i got this product and can't still believe the call quality and the price is unbelievable Thank You again
Enter coupon code BLACKFRIDUO at checkout.

Mine shipped on the 18th. Was hoping to get it before Thanksgiving. I ordered with the 50% coupon so my cost was the same as the BF deal without having to buy 2. They charge the $9.95 shipping on the free one.

I hope it works with the analog modem on the PVR (like a fax machine). I also hope it works correctly with Google voice.

The DUO provides free local and long distance for $69.95 throughout the US and Canada for the entire first year of service, including a 30 day money back guarantee

How much does the 2nd year and so on cost ?

hieuph12 said: The DUO provides free local and long distance for $69.95 throughout the US and Canada for the entire first year of service, including a 30 day money back guarantee

How much does the 2nd year and so on cost ?
netTALK DUO
$69.95 Includes DUO and first year of service.

Each additional year is $29.95.

What's the 411 on this company? Will it be around for a while?

you are welcome to do you join research however from my findings they are a solid competitor for majic jack. one great benefit is you plug this in straight to your router so your computer does not have to be on. also if you are traveling and have your laptop you can connect to your laptop and have your phone with you and make calls for free. i've had it for one week and call quality is average to good but for $44 it is not bad. i've had majic jack and net talk quality is better. the company offers good support also. give it a shot.

thegreatfixer said: just use Google Voice as your Front wall #

Have you tried this? Nettalk & Gvoice does not work together for a lot of people.

How can you see what area codes they have numbers in if you don't port a number over and just want a new one?

Got this about a month ago on the 50% coupon, Works way better then MagicJack. Call quality is noticeability higher and not having MJ software loaded on the PC is a big plus!

thespizzle said: How can you see what area codes they have numbers in if you don't port a number over and just want a new one?I think you either have to call them to verify a number for your area or someone that already has one can look up numbers by initiating a number change sequence.

Just got mine yesterday so maybe I will get it installed today.

I have MagicJack and my call quality is actually quite good, but I've been looking at netTALK hard for too long now (since when they only had the TK6000)...

Right now, I think I'll continue using my MJ until it's renewal comes up and see how things shake out.

It's difficult to find quality reviews online, but here are a couple links:

http://www.macworld.com/reviews/product/666919/review/duo.html#u...

http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/666919/review/duo.html

http://www.compukoko.com/2010/07/15/nettalk-shows-the-duo-we-exp...

healthylaugh said: I have MagicJack and my call quality is actually quite good, but I've been looking at netTALK hard for too long now (since when they only had the TK6000)...

Right now, I think I'll continue using my MJ until it's renewal comes up and see how things shake out.

I had no problem with the quality of my magicjack. But I use google voice and the magicjack picks up voicemail after 3 rings and there is no way to disable it or adjust it. I was missing every call.

This looks great.

I got my Nettalk Duo on the 23rd, 6 days after I placed my order.

I connected it to my router and got a dial tone. Incoming calls would ring the phone but when answered there was silence and the phone that called would continue to hear normal ringing as if it wasn't answered. Outgoing call attempts did nothing but silence.

A support ticket resulted in an email with a broken link to a list of trial and error router adjustments.

I connected straight to the modem and it worked as it is suppose to.

I thought the best fix was to put my switch back in between the modem and the router. I did this and it never connected to the network.

Another support ticket got an email saying that it will not work when plugged into a switch. It also gave me a model # for a Linksys router model wrt54grouter and suggested I get one of those to guarantee it would work.

I took the switch out tried again with the same results as before. So I called tech support with my problem. I let the rep connect to my system for the trial and error router adjustments. He made several changes which all either had no effect or made the situation worse. NOTE: I had to power cycle the Nettalk Duo every time a change was made. After several attempts with adjustments we checked for a firmware update, which was available. I had to download the file and process the firmware update. After the update and a power cycle of both the router and the Nettalk Duo, it worked properly. I don't know whether it was just the firmware update, or the combination of that and the changes made in the routers setting. Either way, it now works as it is suppose to.

I haven't had time to really test it for quality but I did make 2 calls, both results were positive. I did verify the phone in my google voice account and use it to place both of those calls. Outgoing calls initiated from my google voice page work ok. I haven't tested it for incoming calls, which I think is where the problems occur.

If it doesn't work with google voice I will be no better off than with the magicjack. The magic jack worked great except for the voicemail problem.

James,

we believe that one of your networking devices may be blocking our infrastructure. You may want to consult the manufacturer of your router in terms of applying a special security setting that would allow for our netTalk device to communicate properly with our infrastructure. Common Security blocks for netTALK -

http://faq.nettalk.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=236

Have a great day!
netTALK.com Inc.

hello James

the issue right their is the switch, the device has a problem containing a stable connection on any switch even after all possible test and changes to no luck the device is still unable to pick up a connection. if you were to get a Linksys router model wrt54g i can assure you your get a immediate connection right away.

thank you

Elias tech support

Hello James,

This is a follow-up reply to your call, your device seems to be working. As I mentioned on the phone make sure to keep your router's firmware up-to-date and be sure to powercycle all your equipment every 24 hours for optimum call quality.

If you have any other issues please don't hesitate to call netTALK tech support Monday to Friday from 9-5 and Weekends from 10-4. Please remember that we will be closed for 2 days Thursday and Friday because of Thanksgiving this week.

Thank you and have a nice day.

-- Leo

jimates said: healthylaugh said: I have MagicJack and my call quality is actually quite good, but I've been looking at netTALK hard for too long now (since when they only had the TK6000)...

I had no problem with the quality of my magicjack. But I use google voice and the magicjack picks up voicemail after 3 rings and there is no way to disable it or adjust it. I was missing every call.

Go into your MJ settings and change the number of rings. I have it and it works fine from a ringer/voicemail standpoint. I do find that many calls are poor quality using MJ/GV, and I outta know, I've done it since GV first became available.

What drives me batty is the fact that you cannot block the caller ID of the MJ, so that I can call out w/o the other party just hitting redial. Why? Because I want everyone to ONLY dial my GV.

Does anyone have a code to activate MagicFeatures? Please IM me if you do. TIA>

healthylaugh said: jimates said: healthylaugh said: I have MagicJack and my call quality is actually quite good, but I've been looking at netTALK hard for too long now (since when they only had the TK6000)...

Go into your MJ settings and change the number of rings. I have it and it works fine from a ringer/voicemail standpoint. I do find that many calls are poor quality using MJ/GV, and I outta know, I've done it since GV first became available.

What drives me batty is the fact that you cannot block the caller ID of the MJ, so that I can call out w/o the other party just hitting redial. Why? Because I want everyone to ONLY dial my GV.

Does anyone have a code to activate MagicFeatures? Please IM me if you do. TIA>
Unless they changed things in the last 30 days, there are no adjustments to the magicjack voicemail without buying additional 3rd party software. I just chekced and there is no mention of any updates on the forums or on the MJ site.

from the MJ site:

Your Question

How can I use my answering machine with magicJack?

Answer

You may use a third-party answering machine with magicJack.

NOTE: magicJack voicemail is set to 4 (four) rings by default. The ring count may not be changed at this time.

To use your own answering machine with your magicJack:

Change the settings on your answering machine to pick up after 3 rings... before the magicJack voicemail picks up

Just placed an order on the phone, to avoid double shipping online. Got it for $79.90 for 2 DUO's. Thanks

Well, although it works fine for making calls I wish I had saved my $45.00.

Fax won't work on it, even though it dials the number and the fax on the other end answers ok, it won't communicate. Evidently it doesn't hear the data from the other end because it

Doesn't work well with Google Voice. Somehow it locks onto the call. The other phones ring once and then quit and the Nettalk keeps ringing until it's answered.

MagicJack did work a little better than that. I could have just bought some 3rd party software for $13 that would allow me to regulate the voicemail on the MagicJack and then at least I could use it with GoogleVoice. Still not fax compatible.

Just installed mine today and the voice quality is good. It's a little funky when I use Google Voice but it did work. The main problem I'm experiencing is remotely accessing my cell phone voicmail with the DTMF tones. The Nettalk connection requires 4 or 5 attempts with the DTMF and sometimes does not work at all.

Dano

In my previous posts I was talking about it not working with a fax. I in fact have a Panasonic Replay PVR with a modem that dials in to get programing, not a fax but the same thing.

I did get it to work but I had to take the Nettalk Duo and plug it directly into my modem instead of the router. I also had to set the modem to 14.4. Sort of a pain but I only have to do it once a week, and of course it doesn't hurt all the equipment to be power cycled anyways.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014