Voting History
rated:
Saw ad in Houston Chronicle, but it's posted in SD already but not on FW:

HEB (Texas grocery store) Instant Gift Card Savings

Buy: Save:

$50 $5
$100 $15
$300 $50

Ad lists: Best Buy, iTunes, GAP, Olive Garden, Bass Pro Shops, Chilis.

Available gift cards at http://www.heb.com/gift-card/retail-card.jsp (which also shows Amazon.com and Xbox points)

I'm not listing it under Black Friday as this is good until Tuesday, Decmeber 7.

Subject to availablility, no substitutions or rainchecks, excludes HEB gift cards, VISA, MC, AMEC,
prepaid wireless phonecard, and reloadable debit product.

First posted by fanatik on SD.

NOTE: This morning I went to an HEB and was informed there was a newspaper misprint. This is only at HEB PLUS stores.

UPDATES: Apparently it is good at some regular HEB (not just HEB plus) but myself and others have reported some HEB saying it was only at HEB Plus. Call your HEB to find out to save yourself a trip or talk to the manager, not just a teller.

If you buy more than $300 the discount is still only $50, so you have to do multiple transactions of $300 (at one store, I was told you could just check out at any teller, not just the service counter). Some are reporting that it is capped at $1500 maximum purchase. Use with a rewards credit card to increase your discount.

Valid cards include (places where discounts can be hard to come by): Amazon, Southwest Airlines, Best Buy, Lowes, Home Depot.

Gap
See Gap promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Bass Pro Shops
See Bass Pro Shops promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Looks like the new add upped the discount, $100 off when you buy $300

just kidding . . . checked the ad ad it is gone. S... (more)

Tripp1269 (Dec. 08, 2010 @ 8:28a) |

hmm.. no longer see it..is this deal available to buy online (I am in CA)?

sr99 (Dec. 10, 2010 @ 10:57p) |

wow.... i'm speechless.... do you even read anything? i bet you don't even read this reply. so no matter then...

SteelRing (Dec. 10, 2010 @ 11:01p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

worth noting that it starts tomorrow, stores open at 6 am. will work great on an item i want at Amazon, thanks OP

What the HEB! No stores in CA.

no Amazon cards that i saw. anyone see some?

Yes, I saw $25 and $100 Amazon cards.

Just bought $300 of Amazon cards here in Houston and got $50 off. I went to the larger HEB but the ad is up at the smaller one near my house as well. Also, as most cards are in denominations of $25 and $50 they add up and the discount applies to the end total (so I had to buy 12 of the gift cards at $25 each, but got the full discount).

Lastly, I did not try to mix cards (one from Amazon, one from Best Buy, etc) to see if it is on the total per store, or the total gift card purchases.

Just bought $300 of Amazon cards here in Houston and got $50 off. I went to the larger HEB but the ad is up at the smaller one near my house as well. Also, as most cards are in denominations of $25 and $50 they add up and the discount applies to the end total (so I had to buy 12 of the gift cards at $25 each, but got the full discount).

Lastly, I did not try to mix cards (one from Amazon, one from Best Buy, etc) to see if it is on the total per store, or the total gift card purchases.

Apparently you can mix cards. I purchased cards for Lowes and PETsMART for a total of $300 and got $50 discount.

Bought $1500 in Gift Cards @ HEB 290 / Spring Cypress. Made 5 separate purchases, paid credit card on all but one set, they made me pay Debit. Purchases were spread over different registers, didn't want to find out if there is a limit.

Mix between Amazon. Lowes, Chick-fil-a, Gap, Starbucks, Chilis, Best Buy, Carabbas, Burger King, Wendy's, IHOP, Hooters, and Outback

Not good on Visa/MC/AMEX gift cards or HEB Gift Cards.

Christmas shopping pretty much done

Which Houston HEBs were people able to get the Amazon cards at?

HEB ran the ad again in today's Chronicle.

I called the HEB nearest me (not a HEB Plus) and they confirmed it was valid there.

I purchased cards at the HEB Plus at 99/Fry road (on Saturday after the HEB at Riverpark told me it wasn't valid there) and at the HEB Missouri City (Hwy 6 and Dulles) today.

You are limited to $300 a transaction to get the full $50 credit, but you are allowed to do multiple transactions.

the manager said I have to use debit or cash to buy GCs, is that HEB's policy or the store manager's rule?

be able to buy $300 Amazon card with $250 credit card finally, and will buy more tomorrow, this is like 16.7% saving, better than some stocks. I find averagely I spent ~$800 at Amazon, and will plan to buy a kindle soon.

Just bought $300 in Amazon gift cards from the 183 @ Braker location of HEB for $250 and was able to pay for them using credit card. They only have them in $15 denominations though.

thanks so much OP for sharing such a great deal! jealous some of you guys had PETsMART and some other places my heb didnt. still stocked up on some essentials tho!

thanks

Great use of HEB cards, thanks OP. Need new windows for the house.
Original price at Lowes: $4,000
10% off coupon: -$400
$3,600 HEB cards discount: -$600
Energy Tax Credit: -$1,200

Final Cost: $1,800

106 cards and $4,200 worth of gift cards for $3,500. Thanks OP.

I have found $100 gc to Amazon at the HEB Plus locations. Much easier to buy than the $50 cards. First time I bought 6 $50 cards, the cashier had to scan all the cards and he did not look very happy doing that. But when the total came up, his eyes popped open. I don't know how you got $50 off, he said. Haha. But I stopped by a HEB Plus and found some $100 Amazon gc and they didn't have to swipe those the way they did the $50 ones. Odd. But I entered one into my account to make sure they were activated and they were.

When buying a ton of cards let the store manager know. Twice they opened a separate register for me just to make it go by fast when buying $1,500 worth of cards in $50 increments. Also, call your credit card company ahead of time so they don't flag the large transactions of gift cards.

This is perfect. I wanted to buy $25 Olive Garden gift cards for my co-workers.

I need 30 of them, so this will save me $75 potentially.

Do you think I can get 15 $50 gift cards instead, and then go to Olive Garden and have them break the 15 $50 gift cards into 30 $25 gift cards?

Thanks,

I'm in Sugar Land btw, so I'll check out the Dulles and HWY 6 location.

Conjuice said:   This is perfect. I wanted to buy $25 Olive Garden gift cards for my co-workers.

I need 30 of them, so this will save me $75 potentially.

Do you think I can get 15 $50 gift cards instead, and then go to Olive Garden and have them break the 15 $50 gift cards into 30 $25 gift cards?

Thanks,

I'm in Sugar Land btw, so I'll check out the Dulles and HWY 6 location.

I have seen Olive Garden in $15 (more common, 4 packs of $15 each) and $25. Your problem will be whether they have 30 $25 cards.

You should be buying $300 twice (save $50) and $150 once (save $22.50) in 3 separate transactions for a total savings of $122.50.

I have generally found that most places will not take gift cards for gift cards. Of course, you can call Olive Garden and see if they will.

i just scored two transactions of $250 for 2x$300 of ama7on cards, all in $50 denomination. The HEB plus has the ad plastered all over wherever gift cards are displayed so i was pretty confident it is working great. I used the $400 canon rebate AM3X card to purchase it just fine too.

also, might want to pay attention to the terms and conditions for the gift cards that may vary, for ama70n there is no expiration and no fee but that may not always be the case for everything else. 48 hours left to go if you guys still want fr33 money.

can someone confirm this expires dec. 7?

if you believe the sign they plastered all over the places where gift cards are displayed, yes it should expire dec 7th. i just dished $750 on 3 batches of $300 SW cards.... easy money has never been easier.

We in East Coast are so Jealous! Bah!!

DelCheapo said:   What the HEB! No stores in CA.

Bump for last day.

Thanks OP, got $600 for $500, like free money

Looks like the new add upped the discount, $100 off when you buy $300

just kidding . . . checked the ad ad it is gone. Scored about 4.5K in cards (mostly Amazon). Green

hmm.. no longer see it..is this deal available to buy online (I am in CA)?

sr99 said:   hmm.. no longer see it..is this deal available to buy online (I am in CA)?wow.... i'm speechless.... do you even read anything? i bet you don't even read this reply. so no matter then...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014