• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
While crawling through Amazon for deal just noticed a special promotional offer about ordering dish network.
Find all details here

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
It's strange. If you go to Mydishrewards.com they have the same promotion using a different promotion code yet they stil... (more)

dvoisinet (Mar. 16, 2011 @ 4:52p) |

Usually if you do sign up through a retailer or third party, they are the ones that offer gift cards and everything not ... (more)

jesicaxd (Apr. 13, 2011 @ 8:53p) |

I am getting installation of Dish Network today. I applied the 04AMZN code when placing the order by phone. Now I am con... (more)

Colie (May. 29, 2011 @ 8:35a) |

Deal is offered by MyDishRewards.com
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

kkmaster said: While crawling through Amazon for deal just noticed a special promotional offer about ordering dish network.
Find all details here

Beware!!!!Don't fall in the trap. Dish Network is the WORST service I have ever seen. Zero customer service. Always signal loss.They are loosing lot customers switching to FiOs. so they up with this new trap..

sibunair said: kkmaster said: While crawling through Amazon for deal just noticed a special promotional offer about ordering dish network.
Find all details here

Beware!!!!Don't fall in the trap. Dish Network is the WORST service I have ever seen. Zero customer service. Always signal loss.They are loosing lot customers switching to FiOs. so they up with this new trap..

Sincerely,
DirecTV (lol)

...but seriously, there have been rumors of possible Dish takeovers for a few years now. The latest being AT&T.

Dish Network customer serviced farmed out to India is no worse than any other conglomerate. If you visit websites like satelliteguys.org you can read up on how to get what you want from Dish Network with special 1-800 numbers and email addresses.
Like any big corporation, once something gets screwed up it is difficult to get a resolution.

Whenever I have spoken with a US rep, I have had great customer service.

They have the best DVR's in the business, and unless you have to have the NFL ticket it beats DirecTV IMO. Fios is still pretty limited availability compared the D & E.

sibunair said: Dish Network is the WORST service I have ever seen. Zero customer service. Always signal loss.They are loosing lot customers switching to FiOs. so they up with this new trap..

Dish posted a 10.6% increase in revenues in the 3rd quarter of 2009. With a net loss of 29,000 subscribers out of 14.2 million, I wouldn't exactly call that a stampede of customers heading for the exits. God love the internet for letting people spout off without knowing any of the facts.

Well while they lost their biggest competetiore, DirecTV, won big with a net INCREASE in subs. Alas, next quarter could show Dish higher and DirecTV lower......... as the tide ebbs and flows.

I personally have had DirecTV since 2003 or earlier and switched to Dish only to cancel and pay the ETF and go back to DirecTV. Actually - DirecTV gace me enough credits to offset that ETF so I kept both for 9 months. After 5 months the Dish system wasn't being used. The family spoke out (without being asked). It was natural selection i guess.

I have surewest fio cable, and it sucks, the darn dvr doesnt even have adequte hdmi output and this is with their HD unit lol, not all FIO are made equal

I heard that new dish box is very nice, albeit highly costly upfront

directv is very nice, but the price vs channels sucks if you arent a new customer on a new gotcha deal imo

-

Web page offer is still up, but fine print says good until 12/31/10. Any one know if the Amazon $100 offer is still valid?

Been with Dish for about 2 years now. Very happy with their customer service, programming, and DVR. Reasonable pricing also.

I'm in need of TV service, have been calling back and forth between Direct TV and Dish, so far Dish has given me better pricing so it looks like I'm gonna be going with them. Gonna call and see if I can get the $100 GC

Worked for me today jan 9 agent ok Amazon $100 gift card but than he
asked me for ssn I refused He said he cant give me this deal without ssn .Is this typical ?

did anyone take a snapshot they can email me re: the dember 2010 dish network Amazon $100.00 gift card. i signed up with dish 12/11/2010 and dish states they have no record of the Amazon gift card promotion. the 04AMZN promotion is different today-1/22/11 and dish states they have no record of the previous offer so i cannot get the gift without a copy of the december post.please post a link if you copied the offer in december
thanks bigsky

Offer is now $200 !

step one: Purchase any TV, PC, Laptop, Netbook on Amazon.com by 2/13/2011.

I signed up on Dec. 10, 2010 and still haven't seen my Amazon gift card either. I was wondering how long it would take. I'm going to be ticked if they lost record of that for some reason. I didn't take a screenshot either.

Their DVR sucks compared to the Time Warner one I did have. It only has two tuners, and they shared that box with one of my bedrooms. Two tuners and two TVs means no recording unless you are watching the same program. Now they say they cannot put a regular tuner in that bedroom to solve the issues.
I am not a real happy customer.
Ron

You could also stack an additional $50 off your first months bill with the new customer coupon I just got. PM me if you need one.

Same here. I installed on Dec 2010 and no Gift card yet. I talked to CSR and they have no idea.
Asked me to check mydishrewards.com and they dont have track of my account.

The offer code was 04AMZN.

bielawa said:   Worked for me today jan 9 agent ok Amazon $100 gift card but than he
asked me for ssn I refused He said he cant give me this deal without ssn .Is this typical ?

I opened up a checking account at a credit union and received a $100 best buy card. I also received a 1099 form for it at the end of the year. My guess is that these are tax write offs and that is why they need your social. Since it was a bank, they had my social when I signed up. I had no idea I would receive a 1099 for the gift card. Bottom line is: If you are getting a nervous feeling about any transaction, never give out your social.

After hearing from Dish Network they didn't have any record for me too, I am wondering about a class action lawsuit if they won't honor the offer. I am trying to find a cached version of the offer from December to send to them, hoping they will get the idea and honor this. Send me a private note if you would like to be included in my serious attempt at having our requests honored.

I took screenshot of heir advertisement on Nov 26th.
I called them again today and they are asking me to call Amazon.
Then they told I was too late, I should have registered at mydishrewards.com

I will join in the fight to get our money back.

I tried to attach and it is not allowing from work.

I will try from home today evening.
pigskinfan said:   After hearing from Dish Network they didn't have any record for me too, I am wondering about a class action lawsuit if they won't honor the offer. I am trying to find a cached version of the offer from December to send to them, hoping they will get the idea and honor this. Send me a private note if you would like to be included in my serious attempt at having our requests honored.

Sorry I tried and it is not uploading the file. Please pm me your addess I will forward the file.

Same story here .. I subscribed for DISH service in Dec 2010 and ensured Amazon gift card (offer code 04AMZN) is tied to my account. I was told that I will get my gift card in 6 weeks. Now when I approach to DISH support team their answer is talk to your DISH retailer, Or With whom did you talked and on which number you placed the order? I even got the answer "there is no such offer available". Today I was told by DISH support team "Check with dish rewards team, call them and find out about your gift card. We cannot help you". I felt like cheated, DISH customer support SUCKS....

Can someone please confirm if advertisement for $100 gift card has following or similar disclaimer?
----------------------------------
Step 1: Purchase any TV, PC, Laptop, Netbook on Amazon.com by 2/13/2011.Step 2: Activate DISH Network service* by 3/13/2011.Step 3: Go to mydishrewards.com and create a rewards account.Step 4: Search for Amazon Rewards Offer and follow the simple instructions. You will need your 17-digit Amazon Order ID (available in the Amazon.com confirmation email) and Dish Network Account Number. Submit by 4/13/2011. DISH Network will fulfill cards 6-8 weeks from service activation under DHA 24 and validation of submission.

No Disclaimer similar to that

I uploaded the offer .jpg file to my picassa we album

https://picasaweb.google.com/105925986809094283975/DishNetworkOf...

v12345 said:   Same story here .. I subscribed for DISH service in Dec 2010 and ensured Amazon gift card (offer code 04AMZN) is tied to my account. I was told that I will get my gift card in 6 weeks. Now when I approach to DISH support team their answer is talk to your DISH retailer, Or With whom did you talked and on which number you placed the order? I even got the answer "there is no such offer available". Today I was told by DISH support team "Check with dish rewards team, call them and find out about your gift card. We cannot help you". I felt like cheated, DISH customer support SUCKS....

Can someone please confirm if advertisement for $100 gift card has following or similar disclaimer?
Step 1: Purchase any TV, PC, Laptop, Netbook on Amazon.com by 2/13/2011.Step 2: Activate DISH Network service* by 3/13/2011.Step 3: Go to mydishrewards.com and create a rewards account.Step 4: Search for Amazon Rewards Offer and follow the simple instructions. You will need your 17-digit Amazon Order ID (available in the Amazon.com confirmation email) and Dish Network Account Number. Submit by 4/13/2011. DISH Network will fulfill cards 6-8 weeks from service activation under DHA 24 and validation of submission.

I just received this response from DISH:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I understand your concern. We would like to inform you that Dish Network does not directly offer the $100 Amazon Gift Card. Our records show that your account was set up by a retailer. Some independent retailers have their own promotions for the customers who have signed-up through them. All independent retailers of DISH Network are separate business entities and are not under our direct control. We encourage you to contact Amazon Com LLC at (206) 266-1000, who assisted you in setting up your DISH Network account, for further assistance. Thank you for your email.

Sincerely,
Vanessa S. G5W TID: OR- Chrysler DISH Network eCare

I kept a copy of the promotion which clearly states that "DISH will fulfill cards 6-8 weeks from activation under DHA 24". I will attempt to attach a pdf of the promotion.

I have just sent DISH a reply and am awaiting to hear back from them.

I have similar problem with DISH....

In early December I saw the $100 Dish Network promotion on Amazon, and ordered with Dish. At the time of ordering, the CSR entered my promotion code and assured me I will get the gift certificate soon. Well, today I called DISH, and the CSR told me that they have no record of any Amazon promotion, and no idea what I am talking about.

So what do I do now? It looks like I'm not the only one not getting my $100 Amazon GC....

deleted

deleted

Anyone having problems file a complaint with your state's attorney general, a BBB complaint just won't cut it. Dish will respond to the state's AG.

It's strange. If you go to Mydishrewards.com they have the same promotion using a different promotion code yet they still won't honor the original promotion. Attached is the new promotion and here is the link:
http://mydishrewards.com/members/completerebate.aspx

I tried submitting this online but reached a dead end.

Usually if you do sign up through a retailer or third party, they are the ones that offer gift cards and everything not directly Dish. That's probably why there was no record found when you called Dish CS. So take if up with whoever signed you up since each is different and not all offer nor honor promos. They're the ones that aren't fulfilling the request not Dish. I had to go through the retailer I signed up with specifically to get mine but it was a $50 Visa Gift Card, not Amazon. Sounds to me like the retailer you signed up with isn't fulfilling what they guaranteed to you, not Dish.

I am getting installation of Dish Network today. I applied the 04AMZN code when placing the order by phone. Now I am concerned if it was truly applied by the agent as none of my emails shows it so far. I am further concerned with this new code NATAMAZ100 quoted above. I intend to have the installer reference this code when he installs and make sure that I am covered.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014