• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
They have reconditioned models of the Samsung R451C, LG290C, and LG220C that are free with the purchase of an airtime card. The "all you need" card is $30, and the unlimited card is $45. Great gifts, use airtime card on any straight talk phone

http://www.straighttalk.com/ShopPhones?ProspectID=579E2A00F7A643...

Straight Talk
See Straight Talk promo codes that earn Up to 13.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
text

ST (CO) Samsung R355C + 4GB microSD $39 FS2S

comment: was $35 about 1 hr prior to this post

onedew (Nov. 26, 2011 @ 2:52a) |

Do these free phone with plan deal include an actual airtime card? Is there a limit of phones per order, per customer, o... (more)

foche911 (Dec. 17, 2011 @ 11:39a) |

yes

Muley (Dec. 17, 2011 @ 12:31p) |

If the model number ends with a C, it is Verizon. If it ends with a G, it is ATT in most of the country, with a small chance of T-Mobile......
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hi, do you know if I can transfer my present straight talk number to this phone and use the $30 card? Thanks!

yes you can

I've been wanting to try out this service. This is a good chance to do it. Thanks.

in for 10.......

a free FBI screening, and free addition to the terrorist watch list included with purchase of 10 or more

enjoy

BTW

this promotion has been going on since thanksgiving

also, FREE fedex overnight shipping until 12/17/10

Don't miss this. I got it for my son last year, Samsung 451C, and they use the Verizon network. The service is flawless and the best bang for the buck available. I am buying another phone as a backup in case he drops his and it breaks. The $45 plan is $50 a month including NY sales tax complete.

great needed a temp phone for 3 months, hopefully by the end of the first month some additional plan discounts will come to make the deal sweeter

I recently bought a new straight talk phone. I wanted mobile internet and this was just right for me. I have to say I love it. My service is great. Just as good as the ones that have a contract and pay $90 per month.

And use Rashid ibn wallid c/o the 72 virgin's mosque as the shipping address

straght talk has the Samsung R355C refurb for free with purchase of a 30 day plan (30 or 45 bucks)

also free ground shipping, they no longer have free overnight shipping

www.straighttalk.com

For those who are using straight talk, if I buy a new straight talk phone while i'm midway through a 30 day unlimited card on an existing number, can I port my number over and use the remainder of those 30 days on my new phone, or do I need to time it so that I am porting my number over at the end of the 30 days and then activate the new phone with a new phone card?

Edit: Upon further research and purchase of a new phone, the ansewr is you can port your number and use the remainder of your time, by clicking on support and upgrade phone on the straight talk page once you've logged into your account.

LG 220C LG 290C Samsung T401G refurb
Disclaimer
text

LG 220C (CDMA) (specs)
LG 290C (CDMA) (specs)
Samsung T401G (GSM) (review)

Update (3/3): T401G no longer listed.

Update (3/1): T401G back in stock.

Update (2/22): 290C and T401G no longer listed.

LG 420G (refurb)
Disclaimer
text

LG 420G (refurb) (GSM) (review)

Update (3/10): no longer free w/card (now $10 + card)

Update (3/9): LG 420G (refurb) no longer listed.

Sweet deal. Straight talk is definitely on top of the prepaid game these days. I still can't believe how reasonable their deals are at the rates that they offer.

I ordered a T401G for me and my gal. Mine had a broke down volume button. I have to send it in for replacement.

1. They mail be a prepaid envelope.
2. I mail it in.
3. The send me a new phone.
=I am without my phone for 8-10 days?

So I ordered another one (have to buy the minute card anyway on March 26th).

HOW do I use my SIM from the broke phone in the new phone with my current time remaining?

I ordered a T401G for me and my gal. Mine had a broke down volume button. I have to send it in for replacement.

2. I mail it in.
3. They send me a new phone.

So I ordered another one (have to buy the service card anyway on March 26th).

HOW do I use my SIM from the broke phone in the new phone with my current time remaining?

Both phones are T401G Straight Talk phones with AT&T TF64SIMC4 SIM cards.

Yankee495 said:   I ordered a T401G for me and my gal. Mine had a broke down volume button. I have to send it in for replacement.

2. I mail it in.
3. They send me a new phone.

So I ordered another one (have to buy the service card anyway on March 26th).

Both phones are T401G Straight Talk phones with AT&T TF64SIMC4 SIM cards.

I got this done in 15 minutes. You cannot use your old SIM card. Call customer service and give them your phone number to transfer, the new phone serial number and the new SIM card number.

They say it can take two days, but it took 5 minutes after I got off the phone. Be sure to call from a different phone because the one you are shutting off may go off while you are on the phone with customer service.

LG 620G (refurb)
Disclaimer
text

GSM4: LG 620G (refurb) $10 + cost of card (review)

3/30 screencap
Disclaimer
text

Samsung T401G (refurb; GSM4/5) ($20 + card)

4/1 screencap
Disclaimer
text

CO: Samsung R355C (refurb) $20 + refill

FYI: Motorola W418G was recently added

Is tethering allowed ?

I can't seem to order the R355C from Straight Talk's website. I've tried several times & get an error message saying that there's a problem with my credit card. I know there isn't a problem with the credit card (used it other places), so I'm wondering if others have had this problem too?

4/8 screenshot
Disclaimer
text

OOS: (as of 4/17) CO: LG 290C (free phone + cost of card)

reminder: LG 220C still available

Maybe said:   Is tethering allowed ?

By policy, no. Is it possible, yes, but at possible service cancellation for breach of TOS, by using an unlocked SIM (eg: Nokia E71, Nokia 6790) and tethering capable GSM phone.

ewmm9408 said:   I can't seem to order the R355C from Straight Talk's website. I've tried several times & get an error message saying that there's a problem with my credit card. I know there isn't a problem with the credit card (used it other places), so I'm wondering if others have had this problem too?

Not sure if the following applies to your situation: (reminder: TF/N10/ST are all the same company)

jimates said:   FREEBBEEZZ said:   I have beening buying the phone bundles with the time cards for years as a way to add airtime to my current phone. It may be coming to an end. Has anyone out there who has more then a few unactivated phones laying around ordered a bundle lately?? I tried a couple times over the last couple days, I get an error that my credit card proccessing was a problem. Tried numerious cards, the cfedit cards are not the problem. Anyone else having problems???That is the error you get when they have black listed you. The magic number seemed to be 50 phones at one time, but that has changed over the last couple of years. Some report being cut off after just a few phones. Activated or unactivated phones makes no difference.

You will no longer be able to use your name, address, credit card, email etc. Also note that even though you get the credit card error and the order is declined, a pre authorization for the full amount of the order is placed on your credit/debit card every time you attempt to order. Those charges will drop off from your account in 5 days.

You will have to get someone else to order for you, to a different address, if you want to continue getting the bundles. Calling CS will do no good because they will just enter the same info you do and get the same error, and tell you it must be a problem with the card.

Update (4/17): 290c no longer listed.

4/24 screencap
Disclaimer
No new info here. (only showing screen cap of all current offers since ST changed the layout recently)

text (CO/GSM4/GSM5 to zipcode lookup)

CO: LG 220C (refurb) free + cost of refill
CO: Samsung R355c (refurb) $20 + cost of refill
GSM4/5: LG 420G (refurb) $10 + cost of refill
GSM4: LG 620G (refurb) $10 + cost of refill
GSM4/5: Samsung T401G (refurb) $20 + cost of refill

reminder: must buy refill in order to check out

screencap 4/29
Disclaimer
text

CO: LG 290C (refurb) $10 + cost of refill

reminder: must buy refill ($30 or $45) in order to check out

5/15 screencap
Disclaimer
text

FYI: GSM5 LG 900G @ $69.99 + refill card

Update (5/17): Back in stock

Update (5/16): OOS? (no longer listed)

Samsung R451C
Disclaimer

Samsung T340G
Disclaimer
text

CO: Samsung R451C (refurb) $20 + cost of refill

FYI: GSM4/5 Samsung T340G $59.99 + cost of refill (note: recently released)

reminder: for both, must buy refill ($30 or $45) in order to check out

5/23 screencap
Disclaimer
text

FYI: GSM4/5 Samsung T401G $59.99 + cost of refill

FYI: W*M: T401G (GSM4) @ $84.73, R451C @ $79.99

screencap 6/2
Disclaimer

screencap 6/2
Disclaimer

FS [Exp 6/22]
Disclaimer
text

CO: Motorola W385 (free + cost of refill)
comment: unit appears to be new; unit first became available circa mid 2007; retail price was $80 (circa early 2010 -- end of life occured shortly thereafter)
FYI: unit should still work with VZW MVNOs (e.g.: PPC) (HoFo suggested settings: 1, 2, 3)

FYI: GSM4/5: Samsung T340G (new) + $15 GC ($59.99 + cost of refill)

FYI: Free overnight s/h [Exp 6/22]

Update (6/25): Free $15 GC has been pulled. FS (overnight) has ended.

Update (6/13): W385 is OOS (no longer listed)

Onedew, I've been trying to get a ST Motorola W385 for months - where are you seeing this offer? Has this offer expired? I just don't see it anywhere on the ST website.

Yortster said:   Onedew, I've been trying to get a ST Motorola W385 for months - where are you seeing this offer? Has this offer expired? I just don't see it anywhere on the ST website.

W385 was available only for a few days (IIRC) in CO market (please read the TF thread for clairification) starting (as noticed by me) circa early AM 6/2. I guess it was too late for you to take advantage of the deal. For future reference, perhaps you might want to subscribe to this thread and set up several topic alert key words (e.g.: W385)? [via My Account -- Tools & Subscriptions]

6/27 screenshot
Disclaimer

6/27 screenshot
Disclaimer
Samsung T404G (GSM4 (AT&T)) bundle (phone + car charger) @ W*M

B&M: $58.88
.com: $59.88

comment: online B&M inventory checker (for T404G) is available -- see .com link

source: W*M 6/26 weekly ad pg 11 (page # may vary by market)

FYI: Samsung R451C bundle (CO--VZW (no roaming)) also available at $58.88 (but appears to be B&M only & potentially only regionally (read: ST designating region as 'CO'). T404G & R451C at B&M both appears to be displayed separately from regular cellphone section of B&M. (R451C at one location (in NH) is in a cardboard POP display on top of a pallet in a major aisle)

Update (7/15): Back in stock @ .com (was: OOS (as of 6/27))

Update (6/30): Added R451C info.

screencap 7/6
Disclaimer

screencap 7/6
Disclaimer
text (must use GSM4 zip)

FYI: Nokia e71 or 6790 @ $199.99 FS.

reminder: These phones do not appear to require an online refill purchase; only $45 refill can be used.

FYI: e71 & 6790 $170 @ W*M (but B&M/.com stock can fluctuate)

7/6 screenshot Samsung T528G
Disclaimer
text (currently only listed in GSM4 zip)

FYI: Samsung T528G $99.99 + cost of refill (tutorial, user's guide, review)

7/20 screencap
Disclaimer
text (currently only listed in CO zip)

FYI: Samsung R335C @ $39.99 [slightly better than BF2010 price (post #3)]

FYI: Samsung R335C @ $59.98 (W*M)

screencap 7/21
Disclaimer
text (use GSM4 zip)

Nokia E5 $199.99

commentary: no mention of $45 refill only requirement (apparently, this isn't a 'smartphone' like Nokia E7 & 6790)

Update (7/21): Check-out will only allow $45 refill in cart. Cart item description states 'out of stock' but allows the check-out process to proceed(?).

7/28 screenshot
Disclaimer
text (CO market phone -- VZW MVNO & no roaming)

LG LG231C + $45 refill (unlimited/mo) $45 @ W*M.com
(math: free phone (current MSRP @ $50) + $45 refill)

comment: currently can't look-up W*M instore stock online

note: I have no idea if the refill is built-into the phone (IIRC, there are other models with refill bonus)

Update (8/24): Back in stock @ .com

Update (8/16): OOS @ .com

Update 2 (8/13 10:30am): Back in stock @ .com

Update 1 (8/13 1:am): OOS @ .com

7/31 screencap
Disclaimer
ST LG 220C (refurb) + $30 card $30 @ W*M.com
ST LG 220C (refurb) + $45 card $45 @ W*M.com

OOS ST LG 290C (refurb) + $30 card $30 @ W*M.com
OOS ST LG 290C (refurb) + $45 card $45 @ W*M.com

ST LG 420G (refurb) + $30 card $40 @ W*M.com
ST LG 420G (refurb) + $45 card $55 @ W*M.com

ST LG 620G (refurb) + $30 card $40 @ W*M.com
ST LG 620G (refurb) + $45 card $55 @ W*M.com

ST Samsung T401G (refurb) + $30 card $50 @ W*M.com
ST Samsung T401G (refurb) + $45 card $65 @ W*M.com

Update (8/18): OOS: both 290C.

Skipping 12 Messages...
foche911 said:   Do these free phone with plan deal include an actual airtime card? Is there a limit of phones per order, per customer, or time period, etc?

yes

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014