• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I'm near Seattle.

Upgrade to XFINITY TV Limited Basic service and give joy to your toys this season.

special price of just $9.99 per month for 12 months. Plus you'll get HBO included for 12 months. Your TV will be thrilled.

Offer ends 12/26/2010

Call 888-937-3056

30 day money back, including installation cost.

Unclear at this time.
Says for one outlet extra cost?
Does installation cost extra?
new residential customers.
no contract.
I've got Comcast High-Speed
Seattle market or national?

No web link to view any details online provided.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Umm, I have limited cable in Seattle and it's basically your local channels and some other unencrypted QAM channels like discovery and travel channel (although both have been compressed to looking like an 8 hour VHS tape recording). Normally Xfinity limited service is around $13.73 for me. What's confusing to me is that you'll need a cable box of some sort to get HBO, so you may need to pay rent for that box.

Yes, in Seattle installation and additional outlets cost more. Around $30 for installation in a home and between $14 and $7 for the additional outlet during that initial install trip, depending on if there's a wire there already or not.

I got the mailer too is SF bay area, CA, fine print says only for one outlet, I also wondered about having to rent a cable box for the HBO (not HD I assume). I tried calling but was put on hold for 10min and disconnected... I have comcast ISP right now

I've got my TV connected to my comcast cable (used for intranet) and I get all the channels that are on the limited plan + a few (no discovery).
So I don't think it's worth the hassle to me.

Although I believe i'd would get all the on-demand on TV as well as streaming online line. Plus HBO.

I've heard that if you sign up for this that - any promotional rates in affect would be adjusted to full cost IE 19.99 high-speed. (Not sure if thats true)

Also when I that the cable intranet hooked up here there was in 50+- installation cost that they automatically removed with out asking.

Online the best I can find is (promo $29.99 with 3 months HBO) If I did not have all the Free stations I'd sign up for sure ((pending extra fees)) sry to tired to edit

arribasn said:   I got the mailer too is SF bay area, CA, fine print says only for one outlet, I also wondered about having to rent a cable box for the HBO (not HD I assume). I tried calling but was put on hold for 10min and disconnected... I have comcast ISP right now

can you scan the flyer?

oooyyyeee said:   arribasn said:   I got the mailer too is SF bay area, CA, fine print says only for one outlet, I also wondered about having to rent a cable box for the HBO (not HD I assume). I tried calling but was put on hold for 10min and disconnected... I have comcast ISP right now

can you scan the flyer?

scan

arribasn said:   oooyyyeee said:   arribasn said:   I got the mailer too is SF bay area, CA, fine print says only for one outlet, I also wondered about having to rent a cable box for the HBO (not HD I assume). I tried calling but was put on hold for 10min and disconnected... I have comcast ISP right now

can you scan the flyer?

scan

its a legit deal in bay area. called except I had to go local comcast customer service center to sign up.

Worked in W. Lafayette, IN. They didn't have anything about HBO though.

With this deal I save $5/month on my service because internet alone is $60. Adding the basic service drops the internet to $45.

They'll try to send someone out to check for a filter on your box (which will cost $20). I was able to get them to not do that (besides I already know I don't have a filter). They charge another $5 to update the system.

So this is only for new costumers? And what about adding internet, will they give you a break on that too? Has anyone tried

Just called and tried to sign up for it as a new customer and they said no way. They said its $30 a month for cable and then free hbo for 3 months. I'am sooooooooooooo sick of playing games with comcast, having to call and cancel and then sign up again as a new customer. Back and forth back and forth. They know there the only company that offers this service and use it to there advantage and hate having long term customers.

The Number is not working for me... what number are you guys calling?

Area : San Francisco Bay area (peninsula) : New customer.

Just a minute back I got off the phone with Comcast. Signed up for $9.99 limited basic TV + HBO (6mo).
Anyways, I was thinking of switching from DSL to cable - so got the 20Mbps Blast added for $29.99/12mo.

acura03 said:   Area : San Francisco Bay area (peninsula) : New customer.

Just a minute back I got off the phone with Comcast. Signed up for $9.99 limited basic TV + HBO (6mo).
Anyways, I was thinking of switching from DSL to cable - so got the 20Mbps Blast added for $29.99/12mo.

Odd, when I called they claimed I couldn't mix internet and TV specials

Comcast is Craptastic!

Merry Christmas, Comcast!

The sooner you die off, the more joy for the world.

Everyone here who has Comcast because its your only choice because your local government was bribed to give them a monopoly need to seriously start a petition to get the government officials doing so THE BOOT.

acura03 said:   Area : San Francisco Bay area (peninsula) : New customer.

i called and was told that there would be an installation fee of $25 for cable.

Thank op!

I got this deal (9.99 limited basic cable + free HBO + 29.99 20Mbps internet for 12 months)in SF bay area yesterday, one day after the expiration day. The 888 number was always busy, so I called comcast directly instead and mentioned that I received the flyer in mail. The customer service representative was very helpful. Now I don't need to worry about cable and internet for the next 12 months. Thanks again!

Called yesterday and the deal is still on but they want $62 for installation because they have to come into my home and attach the digital box and make sure it's working. No way our of that charge. Really, I'm sure I can do the self install fine.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014