• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
**UPDATE - Better scan of the coupons**
http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h360/lolreconlol/

Hi guys, my first post here with a deal!
I'm a member at Planet Fitness, and they send out a little holiday "card". I joined a year or so ago, and it's $10 a month, and the prices went up but on the card - the deal is back! The best deals are join for $1 then $10 a month, or the $99 a year. I'm thinking about cancelling my membership and doing that one instead, I'd save about $20 a year. Also, there's a coupon for free drinks!

Since I'm having tons of trouble linking the picture, here is the link to the upload (scanned by me ) http://tinypic.com/r/1zv5y/7

Check out planetfitness.com to see if there is a location near you!

planetfitness.com said: As the most innovative health club brand in the United States, Planet Fitness is known for a lot of things – our absurdly low prices, our Lunk™ Alarm, and most of all perhaps, for our Judgement Free Zone® philosophy, which means members can relax, get in shape, and have fun without being subjected to the hard-core, look-at-me attitude that exists in too many gyms.

Hopefully my first post goes well!

Member Summary

fitness
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Excellent, renewed for a year! Eight dollars and change/month for a year, no coupon needed, in and out in 5 minutes.

TwoSliceToaster (Dec. 28, 2010 @ 12:23p) |

how long does the guest pass last?

eckountdboy (Dec. 29, 2010 @ 1:55p) |

eckountdboy (Dec. 29, 2010 @ 1:55p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Well, these are not printable coupons.. and there is seemingly no visible coupon code to join online...

interestingstuff said:   Well, these are not printable coupons.. and there is seemingly no visible coupon code to join online...

I cancelled my old membership and joined with the $99/yr coupon, and it went smoothly. My friend also took the scan of this and handed them the coupon, and they accepted that as well. I don't think it's possible to join the gym online, I think they do all their business strictly in person. Coupons are good until 12/31, just in case that part of the scan is too small. Hope that helped a little!

It is possible to join the gym online. Try visiting their website.
And, yes, the scan is too small, you can't read any of the fineprint.

interestingstuff said:   It is possible to join the gym online. Try visiting their website.
And, yes, the scan is too small, you can't read any of the fineprint.

Oops, it's my first deal - sorry! Here is the fine print for each of the coupons:
1. 1 free cooler drink - coupon needed. Expires 12/31/10. Participating locations only.
2. $1 for your friend to join then just $10/month - expires 12/31/10. Billed monthly to a credit card or checking account. Home club only. Subject to a $29 annual membership fee. Participating locations only.
3. 1 free guest pass - must be 18 or older. Coupon and ID needed. Expires 12/31/10. Participating locations only.
4. 2 t-shirts for just $10 - only available in club. Coupon needed. Expires 12/31/10. Participating locations only.
5. $99 for 1 year! - coupon needed. Home club only. Prepaid membership. Expires 12/31/10. Participating locations only.
6. Free gift for switching to a checking account - coupon needed. Home club only. Expires 12/31/10. Participating locations only.

Hope that helped!

You're missing the point.

1) If they're not printable coupons, in most cases, places won't accept photocopies or printouts of coupons.

2) Even if they would be willing to accept them, they are unlikely to accept them if they can't read them. (If they can't be read in the picture, it is most likely that when they are printed out, the fine print can't be read either.)

interestingstuff said:   You're missing the point.

1) If they're not printable coupons, in most cases, places won't accept photocopies or printouts of coupons.

2) Even if they would be willing to accept them, they are unlikely to accept them if they can't read them. (If they can't be read in the picture, it is most likely that when they are printed out, the fine print can't be read either.)

Excuse me? How am I missing the point? Did you not read this post I made earlier?

My friend also took the scan of this and handed them the coupon, and they accepted that as well.

Maybe if I bold it, you'll be able to read it this time. I'm not saying that they'll definitely accept it, all I'm saying is that my friend printed that page, cut the $99/yr coupon out, and joined without any trouble.

don't think they have them in seattle area

mltpoker said:   don't think they have them in seattle area

Aw. They are spreading quick though, so don't give up hope yet!

I called my local Planet Fitness in CT, and they are running the promotion, but only mailed the coupons to existing customers. I haven't signed up and don't know anybody who goes to PF.

lolreconlol, would you please rescan the image at a higher resolution and post for those of us who want to try to get in on this deal.

gnat said:   I called my local Planet Fitness in CT, and they are running the promotion, but only mailed the coupons to existing customers. I haven't signed up and don't know anybody who goes to PF.

lolreconlol, would you please rescan the image at a higher resolution and post for those of us who want to try to get in on this deal.

Hopefully these scans are better - sorry for the delay, I had to do some studying for finals.

Here is the link to the 6 scans - let me know if that works!

http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h360/lolreconlol/

What are the dimension of the original coupons?

Occasional said:   What are the dimension of the original coupons?

They're about 3 1/2" x 2 1/2".

Thanks for posting the larger scans. I called my local Planet Fitness, and they said that they would not be able to accept scans or photocopies of the original coupons. Tried calling 3 different locations, and they all said the same thing. My wife and I decided to try anyway, so we drove over to the nearest PF, got the official tour of the facilities, let them go on with the sales pitch, and then we asked about ongoing promotions.

Thankfully, the guy was really nice. He had spare mailers with the coupons (which look like plastic credit cards) behind the desk, and he let us use two of them to sign up for $1 each. Paid $22 out the door for two Whitecard memberships, which is a pretty hot deal!

So, you might run into trouble with printing out these scanned coupons. Some of them aren't paper at all, but plastic cards, and it will be really obvious that you're using copies. But try going to the locations; you might get lucky and find a rep who will let you in on the deal anyway.

Thanks for the information! Glad you were able to take advantage of the promotion.

Advertised this in the upper midwest on the radio this morning with no mention of any coupon needed.

DamnoIT said:   Advertised this in the upper midwest on the radio this morning with no mention of any coupon needed.

Was it for all of the deals? The only deal I heard mentioned on the radio recently was for the $10/month, hopefully they open it up to all of them.

I signed up online for this deal last year on 12/31. I got these coupons in the mail as well. What are my options for using them, could I actually use the 99/1 year coupon and do another prepaid year? That would be pretty awesome, as its a great deal and I'd like to avoid having a monthly charge (and having to sign a contract, etc.) if at all possible.

I'll give them a ring and see what they say, just wanted to see if anyone else had done anything similar.

Been a PF member three years running (literally and figureatively BTW). This offer repeats every holiday for existing members; the $99 usually repeats around May-June. Do an occasional drive-by of your local PF, offers come and go all the time.

TwoSliceToaster said:   I signed up online for this deal last year on 12/31. I got these coupons in the mail as well. What are my options for using them, could I actually use the 99/1 year coupon and do another prepaid year? That would be pretty awesome, as its a great deal and I'd like to avoid having a monthly charge (and having to sign a contract, etc.) if at all possible.

I'll give them a ring and see what they say, just wanted to see if anyone else had done anything similar.

The best bet is to call them and find out. I was doing a month by month with them so I just cancelled it and did the 99/1, but I'm not sure if you could just "add" on, that would be nice though!

Excellent, renewed for a year! Eight dollars and change/month for a year, no coupon needed, in and out in 5 minutes.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014