• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Walgreens
See Walgreens discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Progresso Soup Sale
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
To Supercomputers,

That's a good price. Earlier this fall, one of the local drugstores had them for $1 each; I haven't se... (more)

lindelynn (Dec. 13, 2010 @ 5:11p) |

Progresso is an okay soup if you're really hungry. I microwave a potato & add that. By the time the potato is done the s... (more)

handyguy (Dec. 13, 2010 @ 5:14p) |

Just a heads up. Soups are on sale quite often at supermarkets in the Philly area(Acme,Superfresh etc) 10 for $10. It al... (more)

bigfootnells (Dec. 13, 2010 @ 5:48p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That's more soup than I normally have in a day!

To me each can of soup represents a night I get out of cooking

Hey this could be a great deal if you had some plans for a local food shelter or something. I think I want to buy a set of each and bring them down. Its the season to give back.

wow,super deal.

Limit 4 per person.

Limit 4 per person per variety of soup AND the free shipping over $25 is limited to 10 pounds. The soup is too heavy. Tried cutting soup with cereal, still too heavy. Shipping comes in at $18+, and that kills the deal.

ckck said:   Limit 4 per person per variety of soup AND the free shipping over $25 is limited to 10 pounds. The soup is too heavy. Tried cutting soup with cereal, still too heavy. Shipping comes in at $18+, and that kills the deal.

Same for me....Ouch on the shipping!!!!

Not giving me free shipping. Wants to charge over $20. Even through to final confirmation. Oh well.

no go with the shipping.

Here's a tip to the OP, how about TRYING the deal before posting...

I ordered the cereal the deal was still ok. Working on the soup now. But the shipping crushes it just as much as the soup. Certain flavors you can order as many as you want. Still trying to see even with the shipping if its a deal for the local food pantry. Cant find these cans less then 3.00 each anywhere.

Costco charges around $10 for 8 cans of Progresso soup (in-store).

Still 54.69 for 41 Cans of soup delivered to your door. Plus 4% Fat Cash. Still think I am going to do it for the shelter does anybody know where I can find it cheaper? These are the big cans 18.5oz

Thanks for the effort. would have been a great deal if free shipping worked.

These are great to give to Food Pantries. We combine them with Brown Rice for family meals. 2 Cans of one kind of Soup and Brown Rice.

Most pantries also allow folks to shop for groceries. We do that once we have established them as a customer. Soup always goes fast fro working families. The cereal is always a good deal. What we seem to need is cereals without a lot of sugar. The MultiGrain Cheerios would fly off the pantry shelves in a heartbeat!

Thanks for posting but loading up on canned goods with Bisphenol A (BPA)which has been linked to cancer might not be a good deal in the long run.

Yes, I've been playing with the TEN40 coupon a lot (peanuts, cashews, Nutri-Grain bars, etc.) The cashews were the best: about $2.79/pound all-in for 11 pounds before Walgreens raised the price. I like unsalted cashews, which were available, and that was just a phenomenal price while it lasted.

The key is to find something that is relatively light and on sale. Then you hit both the free shipping and the coupon threshold. Hugo Boss Pure Eau de Toilette worked today, for example. Here's the list of sale items:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/store/save/sale.jsp

Hopefully some college kids read this and understand that spending $35 here, will save them $100 or so down the road.

Sentor said:   Hopefully some college kids read this and understand that spending $35 here, will save them $100 or so down the road.

What a random post.

Shipping kills.

Costco is 10.99 for 8 so your about 1.37 a can and you have to get them.

Delviered to your door with this deal 1.33 a can.

Sure wish the shipping did not factor in otherwise I would have bought a few 100 bucks worth for the local food pantry. For now I just went with Cerel and 41 cans of soup.

I was charged $16.32 for shipping 29 cans of soup, 4 boxes of cereal, a box of cereal bars, and q-tips.
Here is their "Free shipping" policy.
Q: How can I get FREE shipping?

A: Items marked as FREE shipping eligible ship for free to the 48 contiguous states when the subtotal of eligible items in your cart reaches $25 or more and your cart weighs less than 10lbs. If the subtotal of your eligible items is less than $25, then the regular shipping rates apply. If your cart weighs more than 10lbs, you will be charged $0.49 per lb over 10lbs. Eligible items include those marked FREE shipping eligible and those marked Ships for FREE. If your order contains only eligible items and you are still not receiving FREE shipping, please contact Customer Service at 1-877-250-5823. If you are purchasing Contact Lenses or Pharmacy items, your general merchandise ships standard for free up to 10lbs. If your cart weighs more than 10lbs, you will be charged $0.49 per lb over 10lbs

So $16.32/.49lb is 33.3 lbs.
I'll weight it and if the total is less than 43 lbs, I'll contact CS for a shipping refund. If they're going to get so stingy, so will I

No coupon could be found for the claim code. coupon didnt work on the cereal

That is true. OP - please repharase your title. Shipping is not free anymore with 41 cans of soup.

ckck said:   Limit 4 per person per variety of soup AND the free shipping over $25 is limited to 10 pounds. The soup is too heavy. Tried cutting soup with cereal, still too heavy. Shipping comes in at $18+, and that kills the deal.

johnny98 said:   Limit 4 per person.
That's only on Progresso Traditional Beef and Vegetable Soup, Beef & Vegetable.

Food pantries take cash donations also and "can" often stretch a dollar way beyond what the general public can do.

It's not working for anyone, unfortunately, but I gave the OP green for effort. If this had worked, it's truly a hot deal. $1 per can is a great price (I picked up 7 at Walgreens yesterday) and $0.75 is smokin'.... too bad about shipping costs.

Progressive Soups at my local safeway store go on sale for $5/4 ($1.25 each) every few weeks, but it is a pain to carry them home (it is a 10-minute walk and can't justify driving such a short distance). My back would have thanked you for the free ship, though.

Also, tip for the BPA-phobic, BPA in cans leaches, so minimize the risk by storing in a cool place and rotating your stock.
You can live in absolute fear of everything, or you can be rational and live within your own risk tolerances.

Do cans of soup apply for free shipping?

Progresso soup cans are 99 cents at Walgreens through 12/18.

FYI: CVS has Chunky and Progresso soup cans at 2/$3. There is a $1 off 4 cans of Chunky in your local paper. It includes the to go, microwave bowls.

To Supercomputers,

That's a good price. Earlier this fall, one of the local drugstores had them for $1 each; I haven't seen Progresso soups priced that low since the early 90's. I usually wait until they're on sale (B1G1 or 4/$5) and then I also use a coupon. However, I have to go get them AND I'm limited to 4 cans. Getting 41 cans them delivered for $1.33 each is a good deal.

Progresso is an okay soup if you're really hungry. I microwave a potato & add that. By the time the potato is done the soup is warm on the stove.

Just a heads up. Soups are on sale quite often at supermarkets in the Philly area(Acme,Superfresh etc) 10 for $10. It already happened a few times this year and will happen a few more times. In addition they often have deals were you get a coupon off your next order if you buy a certain amount. Although Acme recently has been just giving you the money off once you reach the threshold. This week for example they have Healthy Choice frozen dinners for $1.99 and if you buy 10 you get an additional 50 cents off instead of a $5 coupon for next order. I haven't paid more than $1 for a can of soup in years since they have these deals several times a year. Another thing you never have to pay retail for ever is things like Shampoo,Toothpaste.toothbrushes and cold remedies. Actually I haven't paid anything for those items for years. Drugs stores such as Rite Aid,CVS Walgreens etc. Frequently have sales where you buy the products and get coupons on your receipt that give you whatever the amount you paid for the items off your next order. Off course you won't get the same brand all the time. Last few times the toothpaste has been Crest with Scope and before that it was Aqua Fresh then Colgate. Doesn't happen every week. But Rite Aid in particular has something in their add at least a couple times a month. This week it is Colgate sensitive. Again it's just a heads up

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014