• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Comcast offered me HSI not strings attached, per month, No "Must buy TV"

6 Mbps/19.99
12Mbps/24.99
20Mbps/$29.99 per month, no contract, price locked for 12 months.

If you own your modem - no installation/eqipment fee

When you're on the phone, before getting off... make sure the associate annotates your account "No insallation fees, self install kit, no contract, 12 months term promotion" - make sure he reads out what he typed back to you, I say this because, 6 months from now when you call - the next CS, doesnt know or care what the current CS told you!!!

1-877-395-5388

(searched and didnt find this)

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Has any current customer in the Chgo. area gotten this deal? I have been a Comcast customer for the past 5 - 6 years wi... (more)

mayher (Feb. 04, 2011 @ 9:45p) |

no other services? i've tried several times and have gotten shot down - they've asked me if i had names of my "friends"... (more)

xcoldricex (Feb. 07, 2011 @ 11:09a) |

The deal is very much alive, if you're having trouble - ask for retentions. They have the power to over ride the system

hatebestbuy (Mar. 02, 2011 @ 10:33a) |

Comcast offered me HSI not strings attached DC metro, per month, No "Must buy TV"

6 Mbps/19.99 (3 Mbps in some cases YMMV)
12Mbps/24.99

If you own your modem - no installation/equipment fee

When you're on the phone, before getting off... make sure the associate annotates your account "No insallation fees, self install kit, no contract, 12 months term promotion" - make sure he reads out what he typed back to you, I say this because, 6 months from now when you call - the next CS, doesnt know or care what the current CS told you!!!

1-877-395-5388
(searched and didnt find this)

*** there is also a second deal going around - rep to TravisB http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1053511/
Xfinity for 9.99

Thisguy - "I got I finally got to talk with a "direct sales technician" today and he came by with a contract this evening. I got Ultra HSI + basic cable for 1 TV for $29.99/month for 12 months. $10 install."
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is this nationwide?

Can you provide more info? Did you get this offer through email or snailmail? Any offer numbers or anything like that? Thanks.

Just call them and tell them you saw a promo advertised, repeat the prices and packages.

I saw this locally and got it, it seems to be working in seattle, boston and san jose

Give them a call now...

New customers only?

I am a new/returning customer, so I don't know.

Earlier, I switched over to Verizon from Comcast, and now getting back on their promo - funny thing is I even got Verizon to match/give me a 6 month promo, when I tried to cancel... they said it was an exception, so I didnt post it.

Now, I have to make a decision - options hmmm

hatebestbuy said:   Comcast offered me HSI not strings attached, per month, No "Must buy TV"

6 Mbps/19.99
12Mbps/24.99
The Comcast dude at the Santa Rosa WorstBuy had a similar No "Must buy TV" offer as follows:

1.5 Mbps/19.99 (I don't believe this speed)
12Mbps/24.99
20Mbps/$29.99 per month, no contract, price locked for 6 months. $25 install fee can't be waived.

I will call Comcrap tomorrow and see what the CSR offers me.

Dano
--------------
Update - I called the 1-877-395-5388 number and the CSR offered to setup service on Sunday at 4PM with the following pricing:
1.5 Mbps/19.99
6Mbps/24.99
16Mbps/$29.99 per month, no contract, price locked for 12 months. Said install fee was $99(BS!), offered to lower it to $25. Asked if I could do self-install since I had my own modem and he advised calling the regular CSR number (1-800-COMCAST) or visit the local office to see if they can waive the $25 fee. Didn't ask for my SSN since I'm providing the hardware.

I'm calling the Comcast dude at BestBuy to see if he can sweeten his offer.

I've had a continued issue with these Comcast guys, right here in their home city, Philly. Their price lock can suddenly disappear, and you don't see the information for MONTHS! Comcast presses you to use their "green" no paperwork billing system, too, so the sudden 2x-3x price hike slides under the table unseen until you start getting dunning letters for overdue balances that greatly exceed your automated payments. Then, the CS folks have the nerve to tell you "oh, I can't credit your prior bills because, after all, you WERE using that higher cost service for those three months, weren't you!!" HORRIBLE customer service, now candy-coated with glib-tongued double-talkers pretending to "feel your pain." I just exited Comcast for Verizon FiOS for EXACTLY this reason. I all but begged Comcast to lock my rate for a decent period, but NO, they said the max they could offer was 6 months, and I had to keep checking back. Well, I checked back, all right. Right back to FiOS. To be honest, FiOS gave me a 2 year lock on their triple-play at $79/month plus a $200 signing bonus, the TV, phone, and Internet are GREAT, and they set it up in less than a week, including switching over my phone number. Got to LOVE the Comcast ninnies, because even on closing the account they made me miserable. "OK, sir, we'll note that your service and billing will be terminated on December 13, but you have to remember to call back again after December 23 to finalize the disconnect, because our paperwork won't be complete until then!" Thanks, guys, for one last chance to sit in your endless phone hold queue. OK, OK; now I get to sit in the Verizon queue. I know, I know...

Sometimes I hit at $20/month from Comcast just for being me. I hope this is one of those times. I will call today.

No luck with sales (not in their system) I will try the 888 number later.

Thanks OP!. Called the number and I was already on the 19.99, but the tv was 40$, changed that to the the basic 14.25, cutting down the bill from 64 to 42.. i.e., a savings of 22..
the 19.99 is for 6 months contract. I was told the 12 months contract is for only 29.99/month.

Thanks OP! Just setup over the phone for $19.99/Month * 12 months new HSI service only. North New Jersey.

I sign up for a internet only promotion about six month ago: $29.99 for 20MB, the promotion will expire in 2 weeks. Customer service said I can not change promotion since I am already on $29.99, and the $29.99 is for new customer only.

Anyone able to extends their contract with $29.99 price? My price will go up to $59.99 this month for 20MB plan.

I'm on the 50Mbps for $64 its a trial *(just bought my own DOCSIS 3 modem on eBay for $40 so no more rental)
Love the speed but hate the cost
I was on the TV "line Service" about $11 getting about 60 channels until they changed over the analog
now I'm trying the 200+ channels and free HD box for $39 (Just got a 42" Insignia HDTV on Thanksgiving $369)
So may give the $29 internet package a try to offset the TV

FYI Comcast also offers 100Mbps in my area (S.Jersey 15 miles south of Philly) around $99

FIOS not yet in my neighborhood so not much to bargain with besides DISH

Just called and Comcast rep hit me with a thousand questions and put on hold before I could even ask 1 question. Then he came back and rattled off all bundled offers, even though I told him I just wanted HSI. I then asked about HSI and he said there were no current deals, best price was $59.95. After telling him that was too expensive, he offered to call me "local Comcast team" for the best offer they have available.
Then he came back with no deals for HSI, but an internet + phone deal for $39.95. This deal here is for current customers only.
Overall: Bad customer service. It was like he was reading from a script somewhere in Iran.

RobInBoston said:   Just called and Comcast rep hit me with a thousand questions and put on hold before I could even ask 1 question. Then he came back and rattled off all bundled offers, even though I told him I just wanted HSI. I then asked about HSI and he said there were no current deals, best price was $59.95. After telling him that was too expensive, he offered to call me "local Comcast team" for the best offer they have available.
Then he came back with no deals for HSI, but an internet + phone deal for $39.95. This deal here is for current customers only.
Overall: Bad customer service. It was like he was reading from a script somewhere in Iran.

I'm going to guess you're in Boston. I tried via chat yesterday for Metrowest, and they said there were no HSI deals here, either.

djspray, how you guessed that I have no idea, but you sure are intuitive!

I am on a current deal...

6mb + powerboost (I get 10-12mb)
HBO + all other normal channels (not cinemax or showtime, etc)
2 DVR's (newer larger DVRs)
2 HD TVs
2 digital (non HD TV)

...for 115$ a month

I want to reduce mine too, but every time I call the rep's say "You should stay, you have the best deal ever." which of course is nice, but if I don't really need the TV...... Anyways, just wondering if anyone else had luck getting a great deal on HSI as an existing customer.

thanks for the heads up... but i'm wondering if there are any deals for current customers...

There has to be an act of congress to get them to lower a price for existing customers. I'm paying $57.99 for alleged 12mbps. Im only able to get 3.4 max.

Info for those who are existing customers:
In order to get the cheaper price, you must cancel your service and be without service for 3 months before you can be eligible for a new account and the cheaper rate.

NoelaniKai said:   There has to be an act of congress to get them to lower a price for existing customers. I'm paying $57.99 for alleged 12mbps. Im only able to get 3.4 max.

I'm not even able to get themt o give me a deal as a new customer. They only want to sell bundled with TV or slower speeds for more $$$ than the deal posted here. Must be based on location.

timbudtwo said:   Info for those who are existing customers:
In order to get the cheaper price, you must cancel your service and be without service for 3 months before you can be eligible for a new account and the cheaper rate.

I just cancelled 2 weeks ago. I asked the rep how long before I can sign up again under any new promotions and she said as soon as I return my modem to the local office. Modem returned....let's see if she was right.

dont forget free install...

also - just hang up and call back. Some CS are lazy and dont look at the promos, calling back gets you a different call center with a diff CS.

All of Comcast deals are YMMV depending on the amount of competition in your area.

nm

Trying calling them since past week with no luck.

Every time they try to sell bundle. I m only on HSI.

Its in northern VA

I have been able to arrange for the deal for 6 months but they claim I can only get the self install by signing up at the local office? Why would this be? Did anyone else have to go and sign up in person to get the free self install option?

The deal works perfectly in the Issaquah, WA, area (Greater Seattle). Till now, I had good FIOS service from Verizon - now called Frontier - in Kirkland. But I just moved to Issaquah, and there's no Frontier service here. Ordered it on the phone and the CS rep knew about the deal.

thisguy said:   NoelaniKai said:   There has to be an act of congress to get them to lower a price for existing customers. I'm paying $57.99 for alleged 12mbps. Im only able to get 3.4 max.

I'm not even able to get themt o give me a deal as a new customer. They only want to sell bundled with TV or slower speeds for more $$$ than the deal posted here. Must be based on location.

Where are you located? Seems to work for DC and MD suburbs of DC based on prices quoted, though I could not ink the deal for our new house until owner cancels their current service.

Does anyone have any indication how long this deal will last?

I always thought that if you add a splitter to the cable internet line you could also get some limited basic cable channels too for free.

No go in Boston MetroWest suburbs, they insist on bundling it with regular cable or phone service

Do yo need DOCSIS for anything greater than 6mbps

Izzletodasmizzle said:   I always thought that if you add a splitter to the cable internet line
you could also get some limited basic cable channels too for free.

I'm paying for basic service only, & with HD tv tuner getting about
20 stations, not counting shopping, religion, or hispanic channels.
Was more like 40-50 up to about 3 months ago. ...shrug...

I was able to feed off of my HSI to get basic channels...but no more! I now get fuzz.

Izzletodasmizzle said:   I always thought that if you add a splitter to the cable internet line you could also get some limited basic cable channels too for free.

You used to be able to get a nice selection with a splitter. But earlier this year most of the channels went digital only and the pickings are slim. Yesterday I noted nbc, abc, weta, qvc were available. There were some international channels and maybe a couple of other good stations available. It's just not sufficient for those who enjoy a fair amount of tv.

Sonyad said:   Izzletodasmizzle said:   I always thought that if you add a splitter to the cable internet line you could also get some limited basic cable channels too for free.

You used to be able to get a nice selection with a splitter. But earlier this year most of the channels went digital only and the pickings are slim. Yesterday I noted nbc, abc, weta, qvc were available. There were some international channels and maybe a couple of other good stations available. It's just not sufficient for those who enjoy a fair amount of tv.

To be specific, they use to broadcast their Digital Starter (aka Expanded Basic) channels in unencrypted QAM so you could pick them up with any QAM tuner. Well they started encrypting those channels, only limited basic isn't encrypted. What sucks is even if you subscribe to Digital Starter, you'll need to rent a digital box from them to get all the channels for each TV you have, otherwise you'll only get limited basic channels.

In for 20 mbps @ $29.99 in Ann Arbor, MI. got bounced around due to not being able to locate my address and ended up calling 866-270-8329. CSR found the promo right away without any hassle. wasn't able to get a self-install at my address, so have to have tech come out for $20.

Currently paying $68 for 30 mbps... Last time I called Comcast using "Going to get Fios" strategy failed on me... cancelled the comcast... tried the sucky fios..then went back to comcast... what's funny is that comcast was 10% cheaper than fios... dope >.<... Not sure if I want to do this again.

Skipping 101 Messages...
The deal is very much alive, if you're having trouble - ask for retentions. They have the power to over ride the system

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014