• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Lowe's Model 292952

Liberty Model CE12-PK
Normally $397.00, sale $297.00
Also, I'm pretty sure military & vets get additional 10% discount (well deserved, I'd like to add)

20 minute fire rated @ 1200F
Description in ad says 8.1 Cu ft
59"H x 21"W x 17"D
It is not advertised as a gun safe, but the one at my local store was set up for guns. I think they have interchangeable interiors.

Great deal for an entry level safe. I just purchased the last one at my local store on my lunch break, still have to go pick it up. This is my first time posting a deal so take it easy on me if I did something wrong!! Happy shopping!

Member Summary

LIberty CE12-PK
Thanks DevilMonkey
Disclaimer
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Very strange, same part number returns a different (and seemingly more accurate) description on the website.

12 Cu. Ft. Executive Safe

1200-1400F (CE12 economy models include one layer of 5/8" fireboard or 55000 BTUS)
Palusol heat-expanding seal included on all models, expanding up to 7 times it size in a fire at 212F. Don't settle for inferior door seals used on cheaper safes.
14 long gun capacity
14 gauge steel body
Durable gloss textured black finish with satin chrome hardware
Defensive barrier of four active 1" diameter bolts
20 min. fire rated
Combination lock
3-in-1 Interior
4 - 1" Locking bolts
12.2 cu.ft.
1 year in- home warranty

LINK HERE

Links do not work.

ghostofdavid said:   Links do not work.

worked for me....

This item is no longer available on Lowes.com

papertrader said:   This item is no longer available on Lowes.com

Correct. It is in-store only, while supplies last.

I looked at this model 292952 instore today and was disappointed. It is $297 but...
- only 8 cuft, not 12
- says $297 is regular price? Not a sale sticker.
- no digital lock

digital locks are crap, well at least mine was. I was lucky enough to return my "defective"one and get a dial. It really is easy and becomes second nature to open. 5 to 10 seconds max(after 10 or so times).

I do remember seeing these at $399ish. I thought "too much money". You could get 24gun safe at Dunhams for $449 to $499 on sale every 3rd week. I have that one "elite" but I have since filled it.

Ps. Mine said 24 guns... 24 guns MY BUTT!! 10 Long and 7 or so pistols max. The fire thing is just drywall inside. I added a few shelves to mine and cut the center divide out. Pretty simple.

Fourteen gauge steel for the body? Very, very thin sheet metal, less than 2mm or 1/12" thick. A modest whack with even a hatchet would peel it right open, and a pry bar could easily bend the frame enough to get the door open. A 20 minute fire rating is really poor; the lowest I've ever seen on such a product. If this safe can be installed in tight quarters, such as a narrow closet, or a wall cutout, it might buy some time. But with such poor specs, I'd be worried that the locking mechanism, if constructed to the same low standard as the rest of the safe, might be vulnerable to a simple, brute force attack on the door handle.

It's fine for what it is: A way to keep the guns away from kids and the most casual of thieves. It's a half step up from the Homak or Sentry key-locking style box found at WalMart.

Actually if you took a cordless drill and drilled a hole above any of the locking pins, then hit it with a tap and hammer, you can get into about any of these safes in 30 seconds. Google it if you don't believe me. all the pins are connected as one, so if you defeat one, they all retract.

Or with 14 guage, you could use a boyscout's can opener

I got one. My guns and ammo stay in it, my kids stay out of it. Fort Knox I don't need. I'm happy.

NealScoggin said:   I got one. My guns and ammo stay in it, my kids stay out of it. Fort Knox I don't need. I'm happy.

Same here -- I got one of these at Lowes last year when they were priced at $189 in-store. Guns/ammo, car titles, property deeds/financial papers and some of the wife's seldom-worn high-end jewelry. Agreed -- it'll hold up just fine for my needs, and Fort Knox is not one of my needs.

mptoledo said:   Actually if you took a cordless drill and drilled a hole above any of the locking pins, then hit it with a tap and hammer, you can get into about any of these safes in 30 seconds. Google it if you don't believe me. all the pins are connected as one, so if you defeat one, they all retract.

Yep. You can dramatically improve the security of one of these by installing it in a corner, so that drilling in line with the pins is difficult or impossible, and there isn't enough room to use a sizable pry bar on the opening edge of the door.

Spent the extra $200 at Costco and get the Winchester. More fire protection and its probably not something people can throw in the back of the truck or a civic.

I also bought my Liberty Centurion safe at Lowes. It is a very good entry level safe. A 20 min fire rating @ 1200 degrees is a good thing. Sure I'd like to take my large investment in firearms out of potential destruction, and haul 'em out of any burning house, but I'm taking my life out the door/window first. Besides, what if a fire happens when I'm not there? Better 20 min @ 1200 degrees than no fire rating at all. It may be only a dial combo, but it can't go wrong, unless you forget the combination! (Batteries can die out on an electronic lock, and a key can get lost or broken off in the lock.) It's about a 250-300 pounder (I got it in the back of my Subaru Forrester-seats folded down), and it's about the limit you want to attempt with a brother or buddy. Yes you can get a higer fire rated safe, and/or a heavier one, but you had better hire professionals to move it. If you try to move a 500 pounder (or heavier), yourself then you are bordering on the foolish. All of the extra weight, more complex/compound locking mechanisms, higer fire rating, and additional cost to hire those pros to move it put the cost of any larger safe in the multiple thousand dollar catagory. You want to put one of those in the basement?!? Better have a COMPLETELY STRAIGHT (NO TURNS!), WIDE STAIRWAY, and RE-INFORCE EVERY SINGLE STEP GOING DOWN TO HANDLE THE WEIGHT OF NOT ONLY THE 500-2000 Lb SAFE, BUT ALSO THE WEIGHT AND ROOM TO HANDLE 4-6 EXTRA LARGE, EXTRA STRONG DUDES WHO ARE MOVING IT!!! (Their combined weight alone should also be about 1000 Lbs. MINIMUM!) The best part about the safe I bought at my local Lowes was that it was the last one, the floor model if you will, so I asked for a floor model discount, which Lowes graciously gave me, bringing the price down to: $269.00!!! (UNDER $300 total, including tax!) Also, I have recently bolted it to my concrete basement floor AND wall. There is a pre-drilled hole in the back. What it's for, I'm not sure, but I used it for anchoring. (Make sure you cut a hole in the carpeted inner wall with a razor knife [where this hole is], BEFORE trying to drill through it.) Because the safe is ONLY 300 Lbs, I recommend bolting it down, although I would personally also bolt down a 2000 Lb safe. (Make nothing easy for the scumbag criminal element that wants to steal, rather than work for a living.) I'm using this safe to hold my firearms, jewelry, & other valuables, and the cheesy little non-fire-proof one to hold the ammo & extras, while I save up for a true top-of-the-line 2000 Lb/30 cu-ft behemoth. This is a real nice, affordable interim unit until I can get a final "end all" safe. (I do know of a company that has a 2000 Lb safe that breaks down into manageable parts, and then can be re-assembled wherever you like, but this all costs $$$.) So until I can save up the dough-ski for that "bank vault", this safe really fits the bill. Good job Liberty Centurion!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014