• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Picked up a True Temper Poly Easy Pour Wheelbarrow on $0.01 clearance, I think regular price is around $90 and it was marked $22. Will try to get the sku up, can't find it on Home Depot's website. Went through self checkout and most likely got lucky, but want to give the rest of the fatwallet crew a heads up. As with all the $0.01 clearance stuff B&M only and YMMV.

Home Depot
See Home Depot promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Wheelbarrow
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer

If you don't have a car, use a bike.
Thanks NationSurf
Disclaimer

sku
Thanks Hydrasports205
Disclaimer

easy pour wheelbarrow
Thanks Hydrasports205
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
None in S. Lansing MI store. (As far as I could tell)

sartor (Jan. 22, 2011 @ 4:47p) |

None in Westminster, MD

nerraw00 (Jan. 22, 2011 @ 5:55p) |

We didn't have that one in my store but we did have another SKU which promptly was removed from the floor. Farmingdale,... (more)

logansam54 (Jan. 22, 2011 @ 7:21p) |

Full UPC is 0 49206 02349 9
SKU 804282

Thanks KidCharliemain
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Where?

-Tri

Baton Rouge, La.

Will post pictures shortly.

Nice one OP! Will look @ my local HD.
Some green for you.

Was it tagged $.01 or were you just surprised by the price when you were checking out?

Just an FYI as I work at HD, any penny items are supposed to be removed from the selling floor and disposed of or donated when the price drops to a penny, not sold. They drop items to a penny as a means of discontinuing sale of that item. Sometimes items are missed and not removed and in that event they will let a customer buy it if it gets to the register but the rest of the items will immediately be hunted down and removed from the floor. So I don't think this qualifies as a hot deal because you did just happen to get lucky and the person who is in charge of inventory management for garden in that store will not fare as well! Associates are forbideen from purchasing penny items as well.

item picture
Disclaimer
They were marked $22, was shocked when it rang up. They haven't been pulled from the store here, they've still got a bunch left. (8)

Anyone try this on Long Island?

Funny, if that happened in my store (Long Island) someone would be in a heap o' trouble! There are regular write ups for that sort of thing because once a price change comes down for .01, we are supposed to find and remove the items (due to the fact that we don't sell penny items). Sometimes you can't find stuff but that's obviously not the case here since they are right out on the floor so someone is not doing their job. I guess that's lucky for all you guys in LA!

wow op, you got very lucky!

logansam54 said:   Funny, if that happened in my store (Long Island) someone would be in a heap o' trouble! There are regular write ups for that sort of thing because once a price change comes down for .01, we are supposed to find and remove the items (due to the fact that we don't sell penny items). Sometimes you can't find stuff but that's obviously not the case here since they are right out on the floor so someone is not doing their job. I guess that's lucky for all you guys in LA!

LOL...man this is a retail store in La. - nobody does anything by the book. I did get lucky, but hopefully some of ya'll might find some too. They're a hell of a nice wheelbarrow even at $30 or $40. It's even got the solid tire that lasts a heck of a lot longer than the little pneumatic ones. Just trying to spread a chance at a hell of a deal.....

Oh...and one other thing for ya'll if you find some. Beware the parts box, there were a couple that had rat nests in them....FUN.

Thanks, just in need to haul all those junk bought through FW, LOL.

Hydrasports205 said:   They were marked $22, was shocked when it rang up. They haven't been pulled from the store here, they've still got a bunch left. (8)

Would pay $22 for that all day long.

I struck gold a couple years back with penny Pegasus faucets. Bought enough to outfit my house and sell off the rest for $1000 to a plumbing contractor. Probably had 40 cents out of pocket at most.

Meh, you can get all the wheelbarrows you want for free at a construction site. Just fill it with any garbage and the guards will be too busy looking for something in the garbage to realize you are smuggling wheelbarrows. Or so I've heard...

Edit: Wow, impressive red! I didn't realize FWers don't know or like classic jokes... If you really don't know, just google smuggling wheelbarrows...

logansam54 said:   Just an FYI as I work at HD, any penny items are supposed to be removed from the selling floor and disposed of or donated when the price drops to a penny, not sold. They drop items to a penny as a means of discontinuing sale of that item. Sometimes items are missed and not removed and in that event they will let a customer buy it if it gets to the register but the rest of the items will immediately be hunted down and removed from the floor. So I don't think this qualifies as a hot deal because you did just happen to get lucky and the person who is in charge of inventory management for garden in that store will not fare as well! Associates are forbideen from purchasing penny items as well.

If HD would want to prevent this from happening, why not disable the item instead of penny it out?

this reminds me of the wild goose chase a few years ago when someone posted the .01 ladder. iirc, only the op found the deal.

Confirmed at .01 in Chicago full UPC is
0 49206 02349 9
mine is grey poly

That's crazy luck and a repeat! wow. If anybody wants to try finding 0.01 stuff, it's stuff that's been on clearance for a while. Like these from $90.00 to $50.00 to $22.00 and finally to 0.01 where it's suppose to get pulled off the shelf
Last year, I got some wood window shades for 0.01 at one HD and they rang up $5.00 at another so the deals are store specific

logansam54 said:   Funny, if that happened in my store (Long Island) someone would be in a heap o' trouble! There are regular write ups for that sort of thing because once a price change comes down for .01, we are supposed to find and remove the items (due to the fact that we don't sell penny items). Sometimes you can't find stuff but that's obviously not the case here since they are right out on the floor so someone is not doing their job. I guess that's lucky for all you guys in LA!

Perhaps HD should consider using a value of $1,000,000 instead of $.01 and the problem would go away.

Edit: Never mind. Ecuadorgr beat me to it.

Here's a story set just after the second world war at Portsmouth dockyard.

One day Ministry of Defence policeman [Mod plod] stopped a worker who was walking out of the dockyard gates pushing a wheelbarrow with a suspicious looking package in it. The Mod plod opened the package and found it contained nothing but some old bits of rubbish, sawdust and floor-sweepings.

The next day he stopped the same worker who was again pushing a wheelbarrow containing a suspicious looking package. Once more it contained nothing of any value.

The same thing happened several days on the trot, until the policeman finally said, 'OK, I give up. I know you are up to something, but I just can't tell what. Please, I promise not to arrest you, but put me out of my misery; tell me what you are stealing.'

'Wheelbarrows, 'smiled the worker, 'I'm stealing wheelbarrows.'

KidCharliemain said:   Confirmed at .01 in Chicago full UPC is
0 49206 02349 9
mine is grey poly

Congrats man, glad somebody else was able to snag one!!!

How do you self checkout a wheelbarrow when you have to put all items on the 'scale' after scanning them?

It goes to a penny and if there are any on hand they get marked down and donated or tossed. Then after a while the sku falls out of the system altogether. That's just how they do it. They can't change the price to $1000 since then we would own it at $1000 and that would add up to a lot of MD $s which affects gross margin. I guess our area is hyper-vigilant about this stuff, not so in other areas of the country. Good deal I guess if you can find one Makes me wish I didn't work for them, LOL.

You can buy anything through the self check out. The person at the podium has a gun to scan larger items.

This should have a sticker with a barcode on it in a position where you can scan it yourself and just skip bagging.

Ecuadorgr said:   Meh, you can get all the wheelbarrows you want for free at a construction site. Just fill it with any garbage and the guards will be too busy looking for something in the garbage to realize you are smuggling wheelbarrows. Or so I've heard...
Is that what you guys do in Ecuador?

logansam54 said:   Just an FYI as I work at HD, any penny items are supposed to be removed from the selling floor and disposed of or donated when the price drops to a penny, not sold. They drop items to a penny as a means of discontinuing sale of that item. Sometimes items are missed and not removed and in that event they will let a customer buy it if it gets to the register but the rest of the items will immediately be hunted down and removed from the floor. So I don't think this qualifies as a hot deal because you did just happen to get lucky and the person who is in charge of inventory management for garden in that store will not fare as well! Associates are forbideen from purchasing penny items as well.

Just curious, but why do discontinued items have to be disposed of instead of just sold at a penny?

charitably donations look better on paper and believe could be used as a write off.

Hydrasports205 said:   This should have a sticker with a barcode on it in a position where you can scan it yourself and just skip bagging.

Who's to say you can't slip a Snickers in front of the scanner and walk out paying $1.25 for a $300 skillsaw?

I thought the scale was the 'security' of the self check, each tube of tub and tile sealant, box of drywall screws and saw blade specifically weighted and accounted for by the scale. You never see a contractor cart full of 2x4's going through the self check, scanning 10 of the 15 boards.

Went to The Home Depot @ South Gate, CA. On Clearance for $53, boo.

green for you

Local HD had them for $53.06 I'll keep checking every few days, though it is tricky with no price scanners around the store.

went n checked out local HP in ukiah, ca....on clearance for $26.....oh well.

$26 is still a great deal. You would pay $20 for a new tire.

Anyone found any in Orange County?

Which HD store in Baton Rouge?

rashdogg said:   Which HD store in Baton Rouge?

Airline by Choctaw and Cortana - they've also got about 10 in Gonzales as of lunchtime today (ringing up $0.01 both places).

$44 clearance from $89 in Central CA.

Just as I thought! It's a Yard King! That is a quality barrow.
Disclaimer
Hydrasports205 said:   KidCharliemain said:   Confirmed at .01 in Chicago full UPC is
0 49206 02349 9
mine is grey poly

Congrats man, glad somebody else was able to snag one!!!

Was posting from my phone in the car. These were outside in the garden department, HD Elston Ave had three, possibly because they were in a far corner with the rest of the wheelbarrows and nobody had plowed the snow away from there yet. All three had a small amount of superficial rust on the metal parts from being outside in the elements but otherwise perfect. I shook the snow off and wheeled the best one in to the self checkout, and then realized that there was no hand held scanner there. Fortunately a nice young lady came to my rescue and scanned it at the center counter (between the two rows of self checkouts) and didn't make a big production because it scanned at 1. Out the door I went with my new TrueTemper Poly Easy Pour Wheelbarrow.

Skipping 103 Messages...
We didn't have that one in my store but we did have another SKU which promptly was removed from the floor. Farmingdale, NY. We DO however, have a bunch of Xmas tree stands for $1.00. Even the kind that pivots to keep a tree straight. $1.00 We still had a whole cart full today.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014