• Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
holy crap the puzzle seems impossible to me...any step by step? (yes, I've seen the final result...)

Nice! Up to a cool 5g's!

Thanks, OP and all the posters who are putting up the answers.

awesome. smart folks solved this. lazy folks get a gb on dropbox. awesome. Thanks

Thanks OP and others for posting all the info. I went through the whole thing and got an extra 1G. Woohoo!

Step by step I created on how to maximize free Dropbox storage space.

1) Get referred by a current user - 2.25GB otherwise 2GB if you are NOT referred
2) Complete this Dropquest (stated to end in 2 weeks ie. 1/29/2011) at http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=30339 - 1GB
3) Complete at least 5 of 6 easy getting started tutorial steps at https://www.dropbox.com/gs - 250MB
4) Complete the tasks at https://www.dropbox.com/free
4a) Connect your Twitter account with Dropbox - 128MB
4b) Connect your Facebook account with Dropbox - 128MB
4c) Follow @Dropbox on Twitter - 128MB
4d) Send a one line comment about why you love Dropbox - 128MB
4e) Tweet about Dropbox for more free space! - 128MB
5) Refer new users who register AND install the Dropbox desktop client - 250MB per referral up to 8GB
6) Link your account to a .edu email address at https://www.dropbox.com/edu - doubles storage referral bonus (retroactively as well) to 500MB per referral up to 16GB

Cheers.

Thank you, my wife and I both got our 1gig.

i have a total of 16.5gbs

is there a way to trick the referral bonus?

Thanks for the .edu link! I did not know that was there!

Is anyone else getting a ton of 404s? I even made sure that the links were the right ones from the zips.

magicvash said:   Hmm I'm stuck on step 6. Anyone have ideas?

You have to click on the boxes to move.

Here is the complete image for step 6:
https://www.dropbox.com/static/images/earthbox_small.jpg

Thanks
got 1Gb increase

I have 2.88GB avoiding the heavy lifting.

bytem3 said:   Is anyone else getting a ton of 404s? I even made sure that the links were the right ones from the zips.

Yeah. I tried to do this last night and had that problem. Wondering if this is dead now (maybe only ran for a limited time yesterday evening?).

i love dropbox. thanks for the 'hints'

Thanks. Up to 4GB now.

Buckett said:   bytem3 said:   Is anyone else getting a ton of 404s? I even made sure that the links were the right ones from the zips.

Yeah. I tried to do this last night and had that problem. Wondering if this is dead now (maybe only ran for a limited time yesterday evening?).

I did it this morning and it worked. I'm up over 4gb.

Chris

This is an insult, I refuse to go through so many steps for a measly 1gb...

I have a question mark. Where will I answer?

Sounds great. Thanks!

For those familiar with this site/program: is the program required to download from the dropbox server as well? or only to upload?

17 mins, up to 4GBs now. thanks! Tip: use the tumblr link!

Nessiah said:   Sounds great. Thanks!

For those familiar with this site/program: is the program required to download from the dropbox server as well? or only to upload?

You can download and upload files/folders without the program, but having the program installed will allow you to drag and drop as well as allowing updated files to be uploaded automatically in the background (which is the best feature).

Thanks, op.

I'd never go through that on my own. Thanks for the hints. The puzzle took me the longest since I had to figure it out myself.

Great diversion for half an hour. Thanks OP!

Thx Op. Got 1GB

Why not just use box.net? You get 5GB of free space. No games.

Because Dropbox is more than just cloud backup. It syncs to all of your devices and have some awesome features.

kickerstarter said:   Why not just use box.net? You get 5GB of free space. No games.

Dropbox >> Blox.net. Multiple device syncing and super-easy setup. Great mobile apps too. Plus, they do cool stuff that let's you get more space for free. Congrats to Dropbox on being a great, customer-oriented company.

Thanks OP- up to 3.9 GB for little effort. This will come in handy for transferring my files from work!

Up to 3gb here - Thanks OP !

Wow. I was at 1 gig before this post now I am at 4.88 gb. Thanks Op!

Dropbox is the best. I needed a bit of breathing room on my account...now up to 5.1GB after every possible free offer I can find plus a few referrals. Thanks OP.

iPad integration makes DropBox a great service.

Got my 1 GB....thanks to the excellent walkthrough

I got my 1 GB, but it would be great if someone can explain the puzzles and answers. Until then, I feel I don't deserve the extra space! (I'll keep it, though.)

Well, I don't know about you all, but I feel like a moron. Even with the walkthrough, it still took my like 45 mins! lol

But thanks OP for posting... got my 1GB!

Well, good branding effort, I love dropbox more now!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014