• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.giftcardrescue.com/?by=

they have gift cards for retail stores, restaurants and more at discounts of up to 30%! Plus, all gift cards ship FREE! use the coupon code HIP2SAVE10 at checkout to save an additional 10% off select gift card purchases mentioned below (this code is ONLY valid for the gift cards listed and is valid through Friday, January 28th).

50 TGI Friday’s gift card ONLY $40.50

*$25 Lucky Brand gift card ONLY $20.25

*$25 Pier 1 Imports gift card ONLY $20.25

*$100 Sonic gift card ONLY $76.50

Member Summary

Gift Cards (83.68kB)
Thanks MarsdenFubar
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The coupon expires today. so I guess TGI Friday deal is dead

dclunk (Jan. 28, 2011 @ 10:28a) |

if a new coupon comes out...I'll post.

MISTERCHEAP (Jan. 28, 2011 @ 10:29a) |

I'm interested in the Sonic one. The price for $100 GC is $90. I applied the coupon and it took $9 off. So my final pr... (more)

BudgetingMom (Jan. 28, 2011 @ 10:46a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

who doesn't love free money? thanks!

The 10% off code may not be compounded with the standard discount. By that i mean if you try to buy a Macy's gift card that is 11% off and apply that coupon, you will pay more. Still a great site!

And why would you try for Macy's, if the OP clearly states:

(this code is ONLY valid for the gift cards listed and is valid through Friday, January 28th).

?

Good deal for gc's with the coupon, however many if not most of the other can be gotten cheaper on fleabay.

can't use the coupon code on gifts not listed. so.. no good for me.

cymbrogi said:   Good deal for gc's with the coupon, however many if not most of the other can be gotten cheaper on fleabay.

A quick check of 4 stores shows that the discounts on eBay are approximately 1/3rd of the discounts from giftcardrescue.com.

You can score the occasional mega-discount on cards at eBay, but anytime there's bidding involved, it's highly hit-or-miss. I just bought some Barnes & Noble cards off eBay today for about 15% off---which is at least 5% better than any of the giftcard recycling sites in my experience.

The amazing thing to me is how many sites have sprung up selling dumped gift cards in the last year or two. There must be a dozen. Just FYI, a good umbrella site to search all the dealers (including eBay) is Giftcard Granny. Shows you what's available from whom, and compares the discounts for you.

Just a word of warning about buying gift cards off of eBay. I routinely purchased discounted (10%-15%) Starbucks gift cards and then loaded them on my Starbucks gold card which gave me some added benefits. One day out of the blue Starbucks zeroed out my gold card which at the time had roughly $400 on it. I called Starbucks and was told my account was closed pending an investigation. After several weeks of no information they finally told me that some of the gift cards I used were purchased with stolen credit cards. They would give me no additional information and now I'm trying to figure out who sold me the cards so that I can try and get my money back thru paypal/eBay. The problem is that I purchased from multiple sellers and I have no way of knowing who screwed me over. I only purchased cards from established sellers with positive feedback so you just never know. Expensive lesson for me. So, be careful.

aarzi said:   And why would you try for Macy's, if the OP clearly states:

(this code is ONLY valid for the gift cards listed and is valid through Friday, January 28th).

?

@aarzi,

The OP has an edit time after @BrycePGH's post. Before you make your reprimand do you know what the unedited OP was? Just saying.

amhidogha said:   aarzi said:   And why would you try for Macy's, if the OP clearly states:

?

@aarzi,

The OP has an edit time after @BrycePGH's post. Before you make your reprimand do you know what the unedited OP was? Just saying.

you're joking right? the edit was done 2 minutes after the post went up, and way before bryce's post. Aarzi knows what he's talking about! please...stop playing detective sherlock.

lil fyi, you can get most gift cards for 20-30% off craigslist.. (in fact, if you had some capital handy, you could suck up all the gift cards off craigslist and turn a sweet 10-20% profit by reselling them on eBay... just saying, if i had a few grand cash laying around, i'd do it, especially with everyone trying to unload after the holiday season)

HeyMan said:   lil fyi, you can get most gift cards for 20-30% off craigslist.. (in fact, if you had some capital handy, you could suck up all the gift cards off craigslist and turn a sweet 10-20% profit by reselling them on eBay... just saying, if i had a few grand cash laying around, i'd do it, especially with everyone trying to unload after the holiday season)

lots of risks...

having to meet people in person, get robbed of your "few grand" cash, stolen gift cards w/stolen credit cards that can get cancelled.

For a gc here and there, fine, but your advice is not sound for "mass" purchases IMO.

Solobear said:   Just a word of warning about buying gift cards off of eBay. I routinely purchased discounted (10%-15%) Starbucks gift cards and then loaded them on my Starbucks gold card which gave me some added benefits. One day out of the blue Starbucks zeroed out my gold card which at the time had roughly $400 on it. I called Starbucks and was told my account was closed pending an investigation. After several weeks of no information they finally told me that some of the gift cards I used were purchased with stolen credit cards. They would give me no additional information and now I'm trying to figure out who sold me the cards so that I can try and get my money back thru paypal/eBay. The problem is that I purchased from multiple sellers and I have no way of knowing who screwed me over. I only purchased cards from established sellers with positive feedback so you just never know. Expensive lesson for me. So, be careful.

Something similar happened with me during the whole Bing/MS Cash-back days. I bought ~$1000 worth of Ammazon gift cards. I pride myself in doing my research before hand, and the person I bought from had 100% feedback, with hundreds of feedback. Came to my account to order something and ALL were invalidated. Ammazon never told me why or gave me ANY info, other than there was "an investigation". I threatened the person selling the cards with legal action. Luckily he had purchased them from someone else, and it was THAT person who had done some shady business. The seller eventually refunded my money, but I didn't think it was going to happen.

MISTERCHEAP said:   HeyMan said:   lil fyi, you can get most gift cards for 20-30% off craigslist.. (in fact, if you had some capital handy, you could suck up all the gift cards off craigslist and turn a sweet 10-20% profit by reselling them on eBay... just saying, if i had a few grand cash laying around, i'd do it, especially with everyone trying to unload after the holiday season)

lots of risks...

having to meet people in person, get robbed of your "few grand" cash, stolen gift cards w/stolen credit cards that can get cancelled.

For a gc here and there, fine, but your advice is not sound for "mass" purchases IMO.

Would have to agree. More importantly (I think): eBay's confiscatory fees necessitate acquiring the gift cards at a 40-50% discount, not 20-30%, to really clear any meaningful profit---unless the glory days of Bing CashBack return. After all, eBay buyers will not be paying face value for the cards.

ktg said:   More importantly (I think): eBay's confiscatory fees necessitate acquiring the gift cards at a 40-50% discount, not 20-30%, to really clear any meaningful profit---unless the glory days of Bing CashBack return. After all, eBay buyers will not be paying face value for the cards.eBay does NOT charge fees from buyers.

aarzi said:   ktg said:   More importantly (I think): eBay's confiscatory fees necessitate acquiring the gift cards at a 40-50% discount, not 20-30%, to really clear any meaningful profit---unless the glory days of Bing CashBack return. After all, eBay buyers will not be paying face value for the cards.eBay does NOT charge fees from buyers.

aarzi,

I think KTG meant, a seller on eBay would have to acquire the gift card at a significant discount to begin with to turn a profit on eBay since most "buyers" don't expect to pay full/face value for them and you'd have to the pay the fees on top of selling it below face.

I've searched for giftcards on eBay lately and been surprised by the extremely low discounts. In some cases the larger value giftcards were going for close to, or at face value which intuitively made no sense. I was told that it's because the huge volume eBay sellers rack up large amounts of eBay dollars and the giftcards are a quick way to convert those eBay dollars into cash.

In for TGIF's. Will use with my discount coupons.

MISTERCHEAP said:   HeyMan said:   lil fyi, you can get most gift cards for 20-30% off craigslist.. (in fact, if you had some capital handy, you could suck up all the gift cards off craigslist and turn a sweet 10-20% profit by reselling them on eBay... just saying, if i had a few grand cash laying around, i'd do it, especially with everyone trying to unload after the holiday season)

lots of risks...

very true

I would rather be risk-free and worry-free than try and save a few dollars on a GC (Pertaining eBay, i.e.)

Great post OP. Greenz

Just can not find TGI Friday anywhere? any clue?

dclunk said:   Just can not find TGI Friday anywhere? any clue?

prob. temporarily sold out. their inventory comes and goes, so just keep checking the site every day or two.

MISTERCHEAP said:   dclunk said:   Just can not find TGI Friday anywhere? any clue?

prob. temporarily sold out. their inventory comes and goes, so just keep checking the site every day or two.

dclunk said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   dclunk said:   Just can not find TGI Friday anywhere? any clue?

if a new coupon comes out...I'll post.

I'm interested in the Sonic one. The price for $100 GC is $90. I applied the coupon and it took $9 off. So my final price is $81.00.

How did you get the $76 that is posted? Am I doing something wrong?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014