• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I started this new post because the 5 for $20 is over.........

I just got off the phone with Sirius to try to renew my 5/$20 promo.

The rep said that the 5 months for $20 has just expired today. (I said that she was lieing to me). Anyway, she offered me a new plan at 6 months for $38, I declined Then she said she could credit me $10 so that would make the plan 6 Months for $28, I accepted that plan. So I'm in for another 6 months at $28.00.

Then I heard of the $2.99 (month with Internet Radio) for Six Months.
So I called and had my account changed to that plan it comes out to

6 months for $17.94 (With Internet Radio)

I had no problem conviencing the new rep to change my account to the better plan. Apparently the reps have the ability to offer different plans to different customers. If I were you I would insist they give you the better plan or threaten to cancel the account.

Good luck.

The number to call for new subscription is 866-521-2328
Cancel subscription or retentions dept is 888-539-7474

(Thanks nhenny2005 for posting the update)

Member Summary

Sirius XM Radio Device
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
What to do when all u want is Sirius for your computer any body get any discounts on that they want me to have a radio s... (more)

pmon (Nov. 22, 2012 @ 12:48p) |

I called Call 888-635-5142.
I Followed prompts to CANCEL.
About 8 minutes on hold.
I called to cancel and was immediately o... (more)

jeremydallen (Jan. 14, 2013 @ 5:36p) |

Great deal! anyway to also use old Sirius GCs with an preinstalled XM ? they said no last year...

vickh (Jan. 26, 2013 @ 9:32p) |

Great deal. Don't ever let your XM auto-renew.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just got 6 months plus the internet radio and smartphone access for $17.94 for 6 months (2.99/month)

nhenny2005 said:   I just got 6 months plus the internet radio and smartphone access for $17.94 for 6 months (2.99/month)

Thats what she quoted me just for the internet radio.

NvisblMan said:   nhenny2005 said:   I just got 6 months plus the internet radio and smartphone access for $17.94 for 6 months (2.99/month)

It's both car and Internet radio

NvisblMan said:   nhenny2005 said:   I just got 6 months plus the internet radio and smartphone access for $17.94 for 6 months (2.99/month)

trust me, it's for both

nhenny2005 said:   NvisblMan said:   nhenny2005 said:   I just got 6 months plus the internet radio and smartphone access for $17.94 for 6 months (2.99/month)

trust me, it's for both

I trusted you,thanked you, and gave you green for the update, and revised my post.

I just got the 5 month for 20, i wish I had waited. Maybe they will honor the new rate if I give them a buzz. Ill report back if they do. Internet radio sounds pretty cool.

Looks like the 5/$20 deal may in fact be over...

I got a "come back... 5 months for $25" promo letter in the mail today.

no good on $2.99 called twice.

Got the 5months for $20 with the retention number...

So are you all threatening to cancel? I have a Stiletto radio and the Sirius Backseat TV and I can't never figure out how they bill what they do. Need to call them but have heard stories about false promises from them.

So is it $17.94 before or after all of the taxes? If it is before, what does the actual total come to?

No luck here either. I did threaten to cancel, but she said the $2.99 a month is for Internet Only and wouldn't include renewal of my car radio. She even asked her manager and he said there isn't a deal like that. She didn't even offer any other deal for me and just said my account would lapse (geez, not a very good sales person).

As Op said, I guess this is definitely YMMV. Great posting though for those who did get it.

clevelandchessguy said:   No luck here either. I did threaten to cancel, but she said the $2.99 a month is for Internet Only and wouldn't include renewal of my car radio. She even asked her manager and he said there isn't a deal like that. She didn't even offer any other deal for me and just said my account would lapse (geez, not a very good sales person).

As Op said, I guess this is definitely YMMV. Great posting though for those who did get it.

Try doing it online with a new account.

nhenny2005 said:   clevelandchessguy said:   No luck here either. I did threaten to cancel, but she said the $2.99 a month is for Internet Only and wouldn't include renewal of my car radio. She even asked her manager and he said there isn't a deal like that. She didn't even offer any other deal for me and just said my account would lapse (geez, not a very good sales person).

Try doing it online with a new account.

Do you have a link? I looked at their website and can't find this deal anywhere online.

With these guys, if you don't get what you want, hang up and call again. Try another salesperson. Worked for me time and again.

Do you have a link? I looked at their website and can't find this deal anywhere online.

This is obviously not a published deal, you will not find it on their website. Sirius, makes alot of deals that everyone doesn't know about..........sometimes, its hard to even convince the reps these deals exist. Trust me, this is the deal they gave me and others, isn't that the whole idea of fatwallet? to expose these hidden jewels to fatwallet??? geeez

I simply signed up for a new account on the website, the normal way and got the deal for 17.94, my car radio works and so does my iPhone.

I just called, reported that "my buddy got 6 months with internet radio for $17.94, and that I would like on that plan".
She checked, verified the offer was still valid, and now my account shows this:
Account Charge

It would appear as though I received a year for $14.95, unless I'm somehow reading it wrong.

Even sweeter because approximately 3 years ago, I picked up several $50 Sirius Programming Gift Cards at Target for 50% off (the back says they're only good for a year, but as far as I can tell, they're valid for much, much longer).

Thanks, OP!

REALid10t said:   I just called, reported that "my buddy got 6 months with internet radio for $17.94, and that I would like on that plan".
She checked, verified the offer was still valid, and now my account shows this:
Account Charge

It would appear as though I received a year for $14.95, unless I'm somehow reading it wrong.

Even sweeter because approximately 3 years ago, I picked up several $50 Sirius Programming Gift Cards at Target for 50% off (the back says they're only good for a year, but as far as I can tell, they're valid for much, much longer).

Thanks, OP!

Forgive me if I am wrong (which I probably am) but it looks to me as you only got the normal Internet radio add on, not the actual service for your radio. Again, I am probably wrong...just trying to understand.

nhenny2005 said:   I simply signed up for a new account on the website, the normal way and got the deal for 17.94, my car radio works and so does my iPhone.

Glad to hear it worked for you by signing up online.

I am trying to replicate online like you suggested (since I didn't have any luck in either of my phone calls)...can you tell me which package you selected? The Sirius Everything or the Sirius Everything Plus?

Thanks for your help!

I guess I will find out when my plan expires next week.
If it is Internet Only, I guess I will leave my Stiletto behind and just plug in the Droid to my radio.

@clevelandchessguy: Sirius everything

I called in and there is no such price. Can anyone share a promotion code? The dude said that they need promotion code to enter in the system.
Thank

nhenny2005 said:   @clevelandchessguy: Sirius everything

Thanks, I will give it a try.

I called retentions to cancel, because I was going to do that anyway unless they gave me a super deal. This one sounded pretty good and definitely would have stayed on if they'd offered it to me. But they only offered me the 50% off for 6 months, which came to $43. I told them no thanks, and there were no other offers offered, lol. I went ahead and canceled... will look into re-activating next football season.

Pix

I called to cancel and they offered a full year for $77 and waived taxes and fees (averages to a little over 6 bucks a month) and 2 months of internet for free. Not as good as 6 for 18 but without a promo code I was out of luck. I enjoy the service and at that price I can swallow paying a little more for it....Now just have to remember the dates to cancel at the right times

My 5 months for $20 expired yesterday, so I called today to "cancel". They offered me 6 months for $35 or 6 months at half the price, so I took it.
On a side note; they raised the Lifetime subscription to $699! I remember when it was only $399. They didn't have any promos for Lifetime. Even the rep said it was ridiculous.

I just got the 5 months for $20 Please come back e-mail today. I may go for it since the weather is getting nicer and my XM system is on my motorcycle.

$699 for lifetime..? Ouch. I could see it completely phased out this year. They already don't promote it on their website.

Got a letter for 6 months for $25....pretty much effectively its $20 for 5 months deal..This is for XM everything...not sure if I can listen online for free..anyone?

Can you PM the promotional code to me please? labwiz@hotmail.com.
Thank you

labwiz said:   Can you PM the promotional code to me please? labwiz@hotmail.com.
Thank you

offer is tied to my radio id so even if you get promo code they will find that they did not send you the offer.

I got offered a year at half off or 6 months for $38. I took the 6 month plan as it came out to about $6.33 per month.

Just called. Pretty nice lady located in "Eastern Canada". Just asked for yet another discounted program and was offered six months $25. Asked if it included internet radio. Said No, I asked to include it and then it took her about five minutes of clicking to add it. I would never pay full price for the radio, but six months for $25 seems to be a good price.

I have an older Sirius Radio so not sure what channels it includes.

BigBoySeattle said:   Just called. Pretty nice lady located in "Eastern Canada". There are increasing numbers of call centers in Eastern Canada (I think Staples has a center in Halifax, NS). I love getting connected to them. The people are native English speakers, polite, educated, and generally eager to please. I imagine they are thrilled to have the jobs in relatively remote areas. I know Northwest Airlines used to have a call center in northern Minnesota (it may still be there), and some employees would drive over 90 minutes each way on rural roads to be able to work there.

They keep devaluing my lifetime subscription

ForSpud said:   They keep devaluing my lifetime subscription

I am not sure about that. If I had it to do all over again I would have done a lifetime subscription. I have been doing promotional rates for probably a year now and even then when you consider all the full price subs I have done with the promotional rate I have put a lot more into subscriptions fees than the cost of a lifetime subscription. I would also guess at sometime they will crack down on this. Seems to easy to get the promotional rate. I think right now they are just looking for subscriber numbers.

BigBoySeattle said:   Just called. Pretty nice lady located in "Eastern Canada". Just asked for yet another discounted program and was offered six months $25. Asked if it included internet radio. Said No, I asked to include it and then it took her about five minutes of clicking to add it. I would never pay full price for the radio, but six months for $25 seems to be a good price.

I have an older Sirius Radio so not sure what channels it includes.

wait ..you got 6 months for $25 on your radio plus internet radio on top of that for free.... I asked for same deal last week and they did not give me free internet radio..

Two years ago I signed up for the 5 months for $20 and they billed my Visa for $82. My account statement was a mess. After multiple calls they refunded $84 and left the service on for three months.

Check your credit card!

Skipping 184 Messages...
Great deal! anyway to also use old Sirius GCs with an preinstalled XM ? they said no last year...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014