• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Olive garden Unlimited Soup & Salad, Breadsticks $6.95

http://www.olivegarden.com/specials/

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
like Gerald Celente said “In our trends journal we write about the 20 percent solution , 20 percent of the people will ... (more)

bluediamond2077 (Feb. 21, 2011 @ 12:36a) |

Maybe that's why you don't own that pizza place anymore?
My local pizza joint makes fresh soup daily.

So I can save LOTS O... (more)

Pun (Feb. 21, 2011 @ 12:45a) |

Pizza Soup....No Pizza Soup for You, back of line.

m362w (Feb. 23, 2011 @ 6:24p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

"Weekdays until 4PM. Available for a limited time in some locations. Prices may vary in NYC & Canada."
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Lunch only.

Lame, isn't this ALWAYS the price for this deal? Second, it's Olive Garden...ewwwwwww.

DutchessPDX said:   Lame, isn't this ALWAYS the price for this deal? Second, it's Olive Garden...ewwwwwww.

Have to disagree with the ewwww. Ate there on Saturday.. have to go by 4pm or there will be 1-hour plus wait by 5pm.

Had seafood fettuccine and it was excellent. Everything was fresh, including the salad with fresh grated cheese and service was great.

It used to be "eww" but not anymore. Their image and food have changed quite a bit in the last 15 years. lunch and dinner have long waits during prime hours and food is pretty good for what they do.

That said, I think this isn't a deal since this is regular lunch price. Dinner is a little more I think.

I thought salad and breadsticks were always unlimited? But I haven't eaten there in a while. They are okay if your into quantity over quality. Definitely get your moneys worth there.

"quality over quality" Somethings wrong there. XD

lycmemuch said:   "quality over quality" Somethings wrong there. XD
My bad. Would have corrected earlier but apparently fat wallet was having internet problems. Still very slugish.

flintdragon said:   It used to be "eww" but not anymore. Their image and food have changed quite a bit in the last 15 years. lunch and dinner have long waits during prime hours and food is pretty good for what they do.

That said, I think this isn't a deal since this is regular lunch price. Dinner is a little more I think.

Hmmm....I will concede that if a person thinks Outback serves up a great steak, Red Lobster is excellent seafood, or TGI Fridays serves up great famly fare, Olive Garden will no doubt be high on that person's "fine dining" list.

Personally, I think Olive Garden blows goats.

quickNdirty said:   Hmmm....I will concede that if a person thinks Outback serves up a great steak, Red Lobster is excellent seafood, or TGI Fridays serves up great famly fare, Olive Garden will no doubt be high on that person's "fine dining" list. Personally, I think Olive Garden blows goats.

I agree that Red Lobster's frozen seafood, Outbacks salty steaks, and TGIF's greasy fare are pretty horrible.
But, I was very shocked how good Olive Garden was. I like it better than some of the "fine dining" Italian restaurants that I have been to that think charging $22 for pasta is something special.

robby69 said:   quickNdirty said:   Hmmm....I will concede that if a person thinks Outback serves up a great steak, Red Lobster is excellent seafood, or TGI Fridays serves up great famly fare, Olive Garden will no doubt be high on that person's "fine dining" list. Personally, I think Olive Garden blows goats.

I agree that Red Lobster's frozen seafood, Outbacks salty steaks, and TGIF's greasy fare are pretty horrible.
But, I was very shocked how good Olive Garden was. I like it better than some of the "fine dining" Italian restaurants that I have been to that think charging $22 for pasta is something special.

Exactly. Those 3 mentioned restaurants are terrible. While I know of better Italian places (local restaurants), Olive Garden is usually closer and cheaper and the food tastes fine!

flintdragon said:   robby69 said:   quickNdirty said:   Hmmm....I will concede that if a person thinks Outback serves up a great steak, Red Lobster is excellent seafood, or TGI Fridays serves up great famly fare, Olive Garden will no doubt be high on that person's "fine dining" list. Personally, I think Olive Garden blows goats.

Exactly. Those 3 mentioned restaurants are terrible. While I know of better Italian places (local restaurants), Olive Garden is usually closer and cheaper and the food tastes fine!

I hate to admit it but I ate at an Olive Garden for the first time like 2 months ago and I really enjoyed it. I generally try to stay away from chain restaurants but the fiancee had a gift certificate so we went for dinner. The pizza was tasty, the salad was good and the service was excellent (Keeping my water glass filled goes a long way towards my meal satisfaction). I won't be going there for my birthday (Like the table next to us) but that being said if there's a coupon or if we have another gift certificate I would not mind going back.

flintdragon said:   
Exactly. Those 4 mentioned restaurants are terrible.

Corrected.

quickNdirty said:   flintdragon said:   It used to be "eww" but not anymore. Their image and food have changed quite a bit in the last 15 years. lunch and dinner have long waits during prime hours and food is pretty good for what they do.

Hmmm....I will concede that if a person thinks Outback serves up a great steak, Red Lobster is excellent seafood, or TGI Fridays serves up great famly fare, Olive Garden will no doubt be high on that person's "fine dining" list.

That's why I stick to quality restaurants like Applebees!

QuickNDirty said: Hmmm....I will concede that if a person thinks Outback serves up a great steak, Red Lobster is excellent seafood, or TGI Fridays serves up great famly fare, Olive Garden will no doubt be high on that person's "fine dining" list. Personally, I think Olive Garden blows goats.

Don't know why all the red. I agree with you.

Oh, and there's no deal here.

This is the regular price... But I do love Oliver Garden.

Their "salads" are pretty lame. Mainly just iceberg lettuce.

kimgkimg said:   Their "salads" are Mainly just iceberg lettuce.

and..............
Black Olives
Red Onions
Croutons
Shredded Carrots
Shredded Red Cabbage
Pepperoncini
Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
Decent Italian Dressing

What more would you want on a dinner salad?

I'm poor, Olive Garden is as close to fine dining as I can get!

between PF Changs and Olive, I will take PF anyday.. no other major chain around

chicken, beef, pepperoni, salami, ham, turkey, shrimp, fish, egg, veal, steak and many more
robby69 said:   kimgkimg said:   Their "salads" are Mainly just iceberg lettuce.

and..............
Black Olives
Red Onions
Croutons
Shredded Carrots
Shredded Red Cabbage
Pepperoncini
Decent Italian Dressing

Even if you think OG is a quality restaurant (really?), there's no deal here. Red for that alone...

Cook at home save yourself lots of money and you know who and how the food was prepared! I use to own a pizza place and food cost for most eating establishments is between 25% & 33%. Salad, bread sticks and soup are cheap to make. Soup, a great way to use leftovers!

Get started on building a mansion as it costs less to make it urself instead of buying one..
slotcar58 said:   Cook at home save yourself lots of money and you know who and how the food was prepared! I use to own a pizza place and food cost for most eating establishments is between 25% & 33%. Salad, bread sticks and soup are cheap to make. Soup, a great way to use leftovers!

Why does every restaurant thread get a bunch of threadcrapping clowns? Why bother even opening the thread if you are only going to crap on it?

DutchessPDX said:   Second, it's Olive Garden...ewwwwwww.
Threadcrap

quickNdirty said:   Hmmm....I will concede that if a person thinks Outback serves up a great steak, Red Lobster is excellent seafood, or TGI Fridays serves up great famly fare, Olive Garden will no doubt be high on that person's "fine dining" list.

Threadcrap

slotcar58 said:   Cook at home save yourself lots of money and you know who and how the food was prepared! I use to own a pizza place and food cost for most eating establishments is between 25% & 33%. Salad, bread sticks and soup are cheap to make. Soup, a great way to use leftovers!
Threadcrap

Super Hot Dea..... Uh, wait... Isn't this the regular price for the past several years?

So many posts, yet nobody arguing abouts tips yet???

IrfanPathan said:   chicken, beef, pepperoni, salami, ham, turkey, shrimp, fish, egg, veal, steak and many more
robby69 said:   kimgkimg said:   Their "salads" are Mainly just iceberg lettuce.

and..............
Black Olives
Red Onions
Croutons
Shredded Carrots
Shredded Red Cabbage
Pepperoncini
Decent Italian Dressing

Lions, Tigers and Bears...Oh my!

Olive Garden: the place to go to if you want fake Italian food and want to get fat in as little time as possible!

like Gerald Celente said “In our trends journal we write about the 20 percent solution , 20 percent of the people will buy quality food , 20 percent of the people won’t eat corporate crap …’Olive Garden’ that’s not Italian food …. , 20 percent of the people do not shove McDonald’s down their throats , 20 percent of the people will live up to a higher standard , 20 percent of the people think for themselves …move that 20 percent in a focused direction , we will get an America far greater than we could ever imagine .

Maybe that's why you don't own that pizza place anymore?
My local pizza joint makes fresh soup daily.

So I can save LOTS OF MONEY by cooking at home? 6.95 is the max saving fyi, and it's not that much.

Pizza Soup....No Pizza Soup for You, back of line.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014