• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
FYI - Delaware Machine is NOT bankrupt. These were a contract run for a company that DID go bankrupt and Delaware machi... (more)

SickPup404 (Feb. 16, 2011 @ 12:53p) |

From this link, they are referring to the anodizing process. Type III Class 2 is EXTREMELY desireable! It is the thick... (more)

SickPup404 (Feb. 16, 2011 @ 1:10p) |

http://www.thestarpress.com/article/20110118/OPINION/101180320/D...

They also violated possible copyrights of a local IN ... (more)

ghostofdavid (Feb. 16, 2011 @ 3:00p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

how come the quick summary shows a CMMG lower? $65 is a steal

will this lower work with the Colt Kit you posted? Would that be a good combo?

One hell of a price on a lower receiver... Thanks OP, in for 2!

Looks to be $85 after shipping to California. Anyone know what the FFL will charge? (or a good one to ship to in the South Bay... Like Redondo Beach, Hermosa, Manhattan Beach areas)

Raiz said:   Looks to be $85 after shipping to California. Anyone know what the FFL will charge? (or a good one to ship to in the South Bay?)

Usually about $25 give or take a little.

JameyF said:   Raiz said:   Looks to be $85 after shipping to California. Anyone know what the FFL will charge? (or a good one to ship to in the South Bay?)

I cant find any FFL in Nor/California, I pay $35 and that is on the low side for a FFL in California.

Yes I know some other states you can find a FFL for $15 but not in California.

Good deal, Too bad they charge an extra $50 for one stamped pistol.

Damn that's a good deal. Even $85 shipped to CA. I paid, gulp, $150 (i think) for my Spikes.

Here's a thread of reviews on this lower from the same dealer last year.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/long_guns/87288-indiana-made_delaw...

Does anyone know what the "Type III, class 2" refers to in the description of this lower?

Raiz said:   Looks to be $85 after shipping to California. Anyone know what the FFL will charge? (or a good one to ship to in the South Bay... Like Redondo Beach, Hermosa, Manhattan Beach areas)
It's not going to be worth it if that thing is $85 shipped. It might be $25 for an FFL in other parts of the country, but you're going to need to bend over and take it if you're in California.

The best price that I could find for a transfer in the Southbay a few years ago was $25 for the FFL and $25 for the DROS, but that guy also wanted to collect use tax (essentially CA sales tax on an out-of-state purchase) on the gun that I bought. When you add it up, it just doesn't make sense in CA to buy a stripped lower out of state.

Check out Rifle Gear in Costa Mesa (http://riflegear.com/c-94-stripped-lower-receivers.aspx). I picked up a few stripped lowers (Mega) from them over the summer for $99 + tax each. The $25 DROS covers up to 99 guns (buy in bulk!) and there's no FFL when buying local. It looks like their stock is low right now, but I expect that has something to do with some recent events in our neighboring state. Call them up; they're a friendly shop, and they'll answer your questions.

There are also other shops in the LA area that are AR-friendly. The Calguns Web site is down right now, but it's a good reseource for AR info in CA. There was a shop called Direct Buy or something like that in Burbank that was doing good prices, and there was a shop in Ventura that was selling lowers for like $90 OTD (tax and DROS included) over the summer. Keep in mind that there's a 10-day wait in CA --> you're going to need to go the the shop twice.

Butcherboy said:   JameyF said:   Raiz said:   Looks to be $85 after shipping to California. Anyone know what the FFL will charge? (or a good one to ship to in the South Bay?)

I cant find any FFL in Nor/California, I pay $35 and that is on the low side for a FFL in California.

Hey BB, If you ever move to Sun City or vicinity, there is a FFL close by that will do transfers for $10 if you have a AZ Conceal Carry Permit.
I remember you saying you were thinking about Sun City.

dafish said:   Butcherboy said:   JameyF said:   Raiz said:   Looks to be $85 after shipping to California. Anyone know what the FFL will charge? (or a good one to ship to in the South Bay?)

Hey BB, If you ever move to Sun City or vicinity, there is a FFL close by that will do transfers for $10 if you have a AZ Conceal Carry Permit.
I remember you saying you were thinking about Sun City.

Sun City Grand Or Sun City Festival....

You can look up local FFLs to do transfers for you on GunBroker.com. Select your state or enter your zipcode and it will pull up anyone around you. I found a couple around me I wasn't aware of that were cheaper than the local gun shops I knew of.

Link: http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/DealerNetwork.aspx

$50 DROS is about as cheap as you'll get, and there are some FFLs who don't charge CA sales tax.

Here's a thread on FFL's in San Diego: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=389533

Southbay might be closer to:

Straightline Tactical
327 South Magnolia Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92804
PH 714-995-8886 FAX 714-998-8006

You can walk into a gun store outside your home state and buy a long gun, so I assume you could have a long gun shipped to any FFL in the country as long as local laws don't interfere and you pick it up in person. If you want one registered as a handgun, it'll have to be home state FFL pickup AFAIK.

These lowers were manufactured by a company that filed for bankruptcy. They were a local Indiana company. Several of their lowers are out of spec.. so buyer beware, if you get a dud lower, there probably isn't much you can do if you get one way out of spec.

ghostofdavid said:   These lowers were manufactured by a company that filed for bankruptcy. They were a local Indiana company. Several of their lowers are out of spec.. so buyer beware, if you get a dud lower, there probably isn't much you can do if you get one way out of spec.

CREDIT CARD CHARGEBACK

Good deal. Just pd $90 locally for one.

FYI - Delaware Machine is NOT bankrupt. These were a contract run for a company that DID go bankrupt and Delaware machine is dumping them since they AREN'T in the gun business. These are mil-spec.

Green for you OP!

Tequila477 said:   Does anyone know what the "Type III, class 2" refers to in the description of this lower?
From this link, they are referring to the anodizing process. Type III Class 2 is EXTREMELY desireable! It is the thickest and hardest anodizing coat available and is dyed to remove bronze overtones.

SickPup404 said:   FYI - Delaware Machine is NOT bankrupt. These were a contract run for a company that DID go bankrupt and Delaware machine is dumping them since they AREN'T in the gun business. These are mil-spec.

Green for you OP!

http://www.thestarpress.com/article/20110118/OPINION/101180320/D...

They also violated possible copyrights of a local IN Gun Forum and used the gun forum's name on receivers without the permission of those who owned it:

http://ingunowners.com/forums/long_guns/126480-delaware_machiner...

In their bankruptcy, it seems other companies bought out their lowers at a discount and sold them "as is."

Buyer beware!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014