• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I called comcast as my internet contract expired last month.
I was on 16MBPS / $29.99 / 6 Months. (Internet Only)
Called the Cancellations department and they offered 3 MBPS / $14.99 / 12 Months.
After speed tests Download is @ 320Kb/s and upload @ 60Kb/s.

My original plan was pretty good buy this one should work. SO far Vonage VOIP phone on comcast works great.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have Verizon internet at the moment and they offer that exact same download and upload speed for 14.99 a month. The only difference is its on DSL.

Can you provide the phone number that you called? Thanks

Call 1-800-266-2278 and go to option 4 (Cancellation Department)
Tell them about 14.99 Verison DSL as per post above.(This is someting new I did not use Verision as excuse when i called. They offerem me this deal up front)

By the was my estimated bill will be $15.03. which is cheaper than same verison wireless bill i think.
Remember to pick up a comcast modem for $5-10 at local flea market.I have my own modem. They want $7 as rental for the modem.

in central pa verizon 3mb/sec is $29.99 and 768Kb/sec (economy) is $17
comcast 16mb is something astronomical $40-50
and even more if you don't already pay them for cable.

do you happen to have them for your TV service as well?

-----------------
correction: it's even worse than I thought:

comcast
15Mb is $59.95
and their "economy" is only 1.5Mb and is still $40.95
wow... just wow....

jbjacobson said:   in central pa verizon 3mb/sec is $29.99 and 768Kb/sec (economy) is $17
comcast 16mb is something astronomical $40-50
and even more if you don't already pay them for cable.

do you happen to have them for your TV service as well?

-----------------
correction: it's even worse than I thought:

comcast
15Mb is $59.95
and their "economy" is only 1.5Mb and is still $40.95
wow... just wow....

I dont have any other service with comcast!

Thanks to your post, I called comcast, told them I was switching to clearwire wireless for $29.99 a month (its not even available at my house), they offered to lower my $57.95 to $37.95, no contract, for 6 months, same speed - 16mb, they also said my current balance due $57.95 would be changed to $37.95 as well, so it might be $140 savings. I am going to put a reminder in my google calendar to do this every 6 months.

edit: I don't have comcast for tv. fixed a typo.

Are you still also being charged $7/month to rent a cable modem?

I guess if you're savvy then you should have your own modem by now, but im lazy! I'm annoyed that I have to pay $7/month for my $30 standard comcast service.

I got a modem on Amazon for $20. Then my coworker told me he had 2 extra modems just collecting dust, since he had switched to Qwest
in a recent move. Drop hints around the office that you are shopping for a cable modem and you might get one for free.

A comcast tech told me they recommend motorola modems. Look for 5000 or higher for the model number. -my 2

did you need to sign up for a year with a penalty if you cancel before a year? I asked my isp (frontier) to match but they wanted a 1 year contract. Thanks.

markstheone said:   did you need to sign up for a year with a penalty if you cancel before a year? I asked my isp (frontier) to match but they wanted a 1 year contract. Thanks.

No penalty.
Its been a month and i am happy with service.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.