• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Youtube 1
Youtube 2
Youtube 3
Youtube 4
Youtube 5

*Please verify this picture correctly represents the product described by the title and description. The correct color may not be reflected in this image; refer to the description on this page for verification before you place your order, as we cannot always guarantee the accuracy of the image. Mission ready and tactically sound, this Keltec KSG Shotgun is a 14 round, 12 gauge, pump action rapid fire machine. Measuring an overall length of 26.1 inches, this Keltec KSG Shotgun works well in close quarter combat and long range battle as well. With no sights adorning the barrel, this Keltec KSG Shotgun has a top Picatinny sight rail for the addition of the optics of your choice. Easy to take along and keep close to your body, this Keltec KSG Shotgun includes a basic sling for your convenience.

http://www.thegunsource.com/item/516040__Kel-Tec_Rifles_Shotguns...

http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/item/516040__Kel-Tec_Rifles_...

Specifications
•Keltec® KSG Shotgun
•Manufacturer Number: KSG
•Action: Pump Action
•Caliber: 12 Gauge
•Capacity: 14 Round
•Choke Tubes: Cylinder Bore
•Includes: Basic Sling
•Features:
◦Under Picatinny Rail
◦Top Picatinny Sight Rail
•Sights: None
•Barrel Length: 18.5 Inches
•Overall Length: 26.1 Inches
•Weight (empty): 6.9 Pounds
•Stock: Black Synthetic

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Well, Don't CA rifles have to be at least 30ins? Plus, can a shotgun have a pistol grip?

joonbug2 (Feb. 19, 2011 @ 7:29p) |

Thanks OP....Love to have it but will wait for lower price.

heartvb (Feb. 19, 2011 @ 9:16p) |

Wow.. That gun is smoking!! Now, I just need a find a way to get it approved by the woman of the hosue.

fallenheart (Feb. 19, 2011 @ 9:42p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow, I have never wanted another shotgun so badly until now. Thank you OP, my wife hates you now

After missing the target many times.. this did the trick!
now there is NO target left ..also works great for making
Confetti .. Big Thank you! j/k

wow, this is purdy....i want one

NM

I want one...

Played with one at Shot Show - very solid shotgun with good feel. You switch between the two tube mags by flipping a small lever on the bottom of the receiver. There were a few design and production things they need to address before release, but nothing major. This should be CA legal.

Yikes. When the zombies come a-knocking, I want one of those in the closet!!

Butcher, I wanted to beat you to this post SOOOOOOO bad! Ahh well
Glad to see it finally available and for this AWESOME price!!

Cool shotgun. It's going to be a handfull when using heavy loads. And LOUD. lol

I don't know anything about guns, but is that guy shooting a short-barreled shotgun looking through a scope?

I really like this, but would greatly prefer a 20 gauge option. It would have plenty of power for indoor use, and the recoil would be much easier to handle. I think recoil and noise are more likely to reduce its effectiveness than the reduced power - especially under the home defense or SWAT circumstances it would most likely be put to use.

A 20 gauge would be way better for most females, and honestly, many men, myself included. I could squeeze off 15 12 gauge rounds pretty quickly, but I can't imagine it would be as easy as 15 20 gauge rounds.

Don't get me wrong, its really an exciting new development, and I definitely understand rolling out the 12 gauge first. But I hope they're working on the 20 gauge.

tsheehan7 said:   I don't know anything about guns, but is that guy shooting a short-barreled shotgun looking through a scope?

Looks like a red dot sight, probably no magnification. The design of this shotgun does not lend itself to distance aiming as easily as standard configurations. Being a bull pup the receiver is moved back 12 or so inches, which moves the front sight a lot closer to the eye, so you don't have that long, natural, sight line that helps you get on target. Also the cheek weld area on a typical stock allows one to sight right over the top of the, and parallel to, the barrel; with this bull pup your eye is a bit over the barrel, which is not only uncomfortable but will also introduce parallax, the raised sight mitigates both of those factors. None of this matters much close range, but shooting slugs at 50+ yards that might be helpful.

Also, technically, or more important legally, this is not a short barreled shotgun. The barrel length is 18.5", any shotgun with a barrel less than 18" (or an overall length less than 26") "short barreled shotgun" and therefore a restricted firearm which would require you to go through the hassle and expense of getting an NFA tax stamp.

As far as cost... When they release this it will be the only readily available shotgun with a 14 +1 capacity, so they'll probably be able to charge premium pricing for some time, or at least try to.

I am a HUGE Kel-Tec fan; I own 7 different models that I'm extremely pleased with. Having said that, I don't think you're going to see this hit the shelves for a looong time. The PMR-30 from last year's SHOT Show is still hard to find from retailers, and the price is still high. I hope my prediction is wrong, because this shotty is on my list, too.

Wait. I really want one, but $615 for a shot gun cannot be a "hot deal". I bet these come down quite a bit in a year or two.
Bad Ass... yes. Hot Deal... nah.

"Smoking hot" deal!

not seeing it for 615, now 674 ...

price went up to 674

I was looking to get a modified Saiga 12 gauge shotgun and now this Kel-Tec shows up. I wonder why the Kel-Tec is not semi-automatic.

I'd only pay this for a semiauto......interesting concept, but if you can't hit a robber in 8 shells.....14 prolly won't work either.

@Avatar, i think the reasoning is for reliability and legal reasons. Probably mostly the latter.

I'm in the same boat. Pissed I missed the Saiga bandwagon, but this might work just fine as a substitute... It'll be interesting to see what prices do over time.

firegod66 said:   I really like this, but would greatly prefer a 20 gauge option. It would have plenty of power for indoor use, and the recoil would be much easier to handle.

You could feed it 3/4oz loads to give it the punch of a 20ga with slightly less noise. And if it'll feed 2 1/2" or 2 1/4" ammo, you'd get increased magazine capacity too.

opathal said:   I'd only pay this for a semiauto......interesting concept, but if you can't hit a robber in 8 shells.....14 prolly won't work either.
what robber? this is for zombie apocalypse

taxmantoo said:   firegod66 said:   I really like this, but would greatly prefer a 20 gauge option. It would have plenty of power for indoor use, and the recoil would be much easier to handle.

You could feed it 3/4oz loads to give it the punch of a 20ga with slightly less noise. And if it'll feed 2 1/2" or 2 1/4" ammo, you'd get increased magazine capacity too.

Bah. 12ga rifled slugs for the win.

Richardito said:   I was looking to get a modified Saiga 12 gauge shotgun and now this Kel-Tec shows up. I wonder why the Kel-Tec is not semi-automatic.

require complicated mechanism to switch tubes automatically in semi mode ... might see this in future release at much higher cost.

viktor666 said:   price went up to 674
Darn, I guess I waited to long to decide. Now I might as well wait to see where other dealers price it.

OnPoint has it for 580, BUT you need to be a "VIP" member which is 5.00 a month. I've only ordered from them once a few weeks ago, I just don't like that there's no telephone number listed. however all email was answered within 24hrs. I can't speak for the VIP membership, i didn't sign up for it.

Celeb from Gunnuts and topshot season1 reported that the trigger didn't properly reset when he played with it at shot. until they fix that I not ordering 1.

DUNsho said:   OnPoint has it for 580, BUT you need to be a "VIP" member which is 5.00 a month. I've only ordered from them once a few weeks ago, I just don't like that there's no telephone number listed. however all email was answered within 24hrs. I can't speak for the VIP membership, i didn't sign up for it.

Celeb from Gunnuts and topshot season1 reported that the trigger didn't properly reset when he played with it at shot. until they fix that I not ordering 1.

Keltec has already announced the reset is one of 4 changes to the model from feedback received at SHOT.

MaxMojo said:   Played with one at Shot Show - very solid shotgun with good feel. You switch between the two tube mags by flipping a small lever on the bottom of the receiver. There were a few design and production things they need to address before release, but nothing major. This should be CA legal.

Well, Don't CA rifles have to be at least 30ins? Plus, can a shotgun have a pistol grip?

Thanks OP....Love to have it but will wait for lower price.

Wow.. That gun is smoking!! Now, I just need a find a way to get it approved by the woman of the hosue.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014