• Text Only

Does anyone for the life of me... know how to stop the digital order receipts? I get like 20 emails from apps and ebooks?

I use Gmail.

BKsFinest said:   Does anyone for the life of me... know how to stop the digital order receipts? I get like 20 emails from apps and ebooks?

I use Gmail.

1. Open one of the e-mails
  2. Select the option to filter messages like these
  3. Put "Amazon order" in the subject
  4. Put "kindle book" in the body
  5. Click OK/Next
  6. Select the option to filter all messages in your inbox like these
  7. Select the option to delete them or archive them (depending on your preference)
  8. Click OK/Finished -- bam ... you're done!

Hoogineer said:   BKsFinest said:   Does anyone for the life of me... know how to stop the digital order receipts? I get like 20 emails from apps and ebooks?

I use Gmail.

1. Open one of the e-mails
  2. Select the option to filter messages like these
  3. Put "Amazon order" in the subject
  4. Put "kindle book" in the body
  5. Click OK/Next
  6. Select the option to filter all messages in your inbox like these
  7. Select the option to delete them or archive them (depending on your preference)
  8. Click OK/Finished -- bam ... you're done!

How about hotmail though??

This thread is awesome, I have a lot of reading to do now.

If this is going to be a long-running official thread, could it be turned into a "sticky" thread like the 2011 Tax Software thread?

Thanks OP

And many of these are NOT free if you do not own an actual Kindle device! You cannot "borrow" these books using a Kindle reading program on another device. Can we at least update the Wiki, if not the OP to reflect this? Can we label the truly free books as such and the Prime borrowing books that require the ownership of a Kindle differently?

The Amazon Prime lending program requires ownership of an actual Kindle in order to participate.

Mark As Sticky
Disclaimer
ksmelcer said:   If this is going to be a long-running official thread, could it be turned into a "sticky" thread like the 2011 Tax Software thread?I suggest making it your own "personal" sticky.
<<--- Look at the attachment here.

Wineaux said:   Can we at least update the Wiki? ...The Amazon Prime lending program requires ownership of an actual Kindle in order to participate.Yes, please do! Thanks

Great resource .. Thanks..

Not my deal, but looks nice-five book "ultimate thriller" set:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1166121/

Wineaux said:   And many of these are NOT free if you do not own an actual Kindle device! You cannot "borrow" these books using a Kindle reading program on another device. Can we at least update the Wiki, if not the OP to reflect this? Can we label the truly free books as such and the Prime borrowing books that require the ownership of a Kindle differently?

The Amazon Prime lending program requires ownership of an actual Kindle in order to participate.

That's the thing, nobody is updating the OP of expried listing.

When these are first put up they are free for everybody for a limited time, usually just for that day. Then they get switched over to just being free for Amazon Prime members only. So what you are seeing is expired links.

DJKamuria said:   Wineaux said:   And many of these are NOT free if you do not own an actual Kindle device! You cannot "borrow" these books using a Kindle reading program on another device. Can we at least update the Wiki, if not the OP to reflect this? Can we label the truly free books as such and the Prime borrowing books that require the ownership of a Kindle differently?

That's the thing, nobody is updating the OP of expried listing.

When these are first put up they are free for everybody for a limited time, usually just for that day. Then they get switched over to just being free for Amazon Prime members only. So what you are seeing is expired links.

I'm an Amazon Prime member, but they're still not free because I don't own an actual Kindle device. The Amazon Prime lending service requires you make the "purchase" from a real live Kindle in order to "borrow" the book for free. So the whole, "Free for Prime Members" is only half true. It should really read, "Free For Prime Members Who Own A Kindle".

And now I have derailed and cluttered this thread enough.

I have an iPad and have been able to download every book. Please give an example of a book that you have been unable to get for free. I am a Prime member too. Just trying to help.

oncelost said:   I have an iPad and have been able to download every book. Please give an example of a book that you have been unable to get for free. I am a Prime member too. Just trying to help.

I wish I had an example ready but I have seen them in the last couple of days, situations where I could download free to a kindle device if I had one, but even with my prime account they wanted to charge me do download it to my pc reader because I don't have a kindle. It has occurred on less than 10% of the freebies.

Amazon screen shot
Disclaimer
russellt said:   oncelost said:   I have an iPad and have been able to download every book. Please give an example of a book that you have been unable to get for free. I am a Prime member too. Just trying to help.

I wish I had an example ready but I have seen them in the last couple of days, situations where I could download free to a kindle device if I had one, but even with my prime account they wanted to charge me do download it to my pc reader because I don't have a kindle. It has occurred on less than 10% of the freebies.

I've seen them several times. In fact, I purchased one the other day. These titles differ from the free titles in this thread. Prime members aren't purchasing them, but rather they can "check out" these titles temporarily on a genuine Kindle device--NOT software Kindle readers. I have Prime, but I don't have a Kindle, so I had to buy it.

I've attached an Amazon screen shot so you (oncelost) can see for yourself. Look at the section at the bottom titled "For Kindle Device Owners" for Amazon's description of how this works, which probably makes more sense than mine.

Thanks

Tip: Only so many FREE copies are sold. So ones on popular subjects are no longer FREE in a day or a few hours.

But stay alert, they may have a FREE sale on them again!

Thanks OP!

Yea, "buyer" beware. I received a credit card statement with charges for four books (out of 70+, so not too bad) that were shown as free when I downloaded them. Amazon was quick to answer my e-mails and offer me a refund. Both reps that contacted me told me they escalated the issue with the appropriate people, so this is a known issue. I'm still weary, so I've taken screenshots of the more free "pricier" downloads.

did you checked your digital order record to see if the purchase is indeed being billed?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014