Thermoquiet Brake pads $15 rebate

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The Wagner Thermoquiet brake pad $15 rebate is available again. Amazon has cheap prices or you can combine with a coupon code and get them from Advance Auto. The rebate form does not list any store exclusions, so it should be valid.

Amazon

Rebate Form

Offer valid from 2/23/2011 through 5/31/2011. Redemption documentation must be received by 6/30/2011

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I got them and applied for the rebate last time and i got the rebate in time. Just in case if someone is wondering.

Thanks.

$2.56 after rebate for MGB brake pads. Free prime shipping.

I did pretty well last time with $35 off an $85 purchase at Advance Auto and $30 rebate for Thermoquiet Ceramic front pads and Thermoquiet rear shoes.

Does anyone know the quality of these?

wrightj7 said:   Does anyone know the quality of these?

Usually equivalent to OEM. Wagner Rebate is very reliable. I just ordered a set.

Pads slip right in - no shims needed. They are cut to fit into the calipers.
(Well at least for 2001/2002 Mazda Protege, 2001 Suzuki XL-7)

This is a very good deal. Advance Auto Parts have these in the $50s and $60s. Rockauto.com has them a few dollars cheaper but shipping is about $10 or so.

Anybody use ceramic pads? I never have. I've read that the only benefit vs semi-metallic is that they are quieter and less dust on the rims. Ceramic don't last as long and may have longer stopping distances. Can anyone comment?

wrightj7 said:   Does anyone know the quality of these?

Very good.

I have used these on my truck (Semi-Met) and my Mil's car (Ceramic)

Much better than the junk that is bendix

Use WAGNER1 code at Advance Auto Parts to get 20% off Wagner brakes. Then use the rebate coupon. Should work great.

shampooguy said:   Anybody use ceramic pads? I never have. I've read that the only benefit vs semi-metallic is that they are quieter and less dust on the rims. Ceramic don't last as long and may have longer stopping distances. Can anyone comment?

Ceramic works fine for most street cars. I have them on my CTS and Corvette and have never had a issue.

BUT I would not use ceramic on Trucks or raced/tracked cars. Ceramic does not like long high heat periods or heavy loads. They work just fine for the street and many OEMs come with them from the factory now. My truck has semi-met pads as I tow and haul a good amount of weight from time to time.

Ceramic can last as long or longer than Semi-met. Just depends on how you use them. Also the stopping distance will not change enough to notice on a street driven car.

So use ceramic unlss you haul or race your car/truck.

I've been using ceramic pads on all my vehicles for quite a few years now. They do give me Longer pad & rotor life (less heat build-up/fade) on my SUV and a sedan. Also, they produce less visible dust build up on wheels and are quieter (less prone to squeals).

http://www.handymanxchange.com/ceramic-vs-semi-metallic-brake-pa...

Picked up the fronts from Amazon and rears from Rockauto. Net after rebate is ~$30 for both sets. Nice price!!! Thanks OP!

More comparative info between ceramic vs. semi-metallic pads here...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_better_semi_metallic_or_cerami...
http://www.brighthub.com/diy/automotive/articles/71810.aspx

My WJ Jeep Grand Cherokee used to warp front rotors severly every 10,000~12,000 miles due to bad caliper design which generated excessive heat build up. Jeep refused to acknowledge this problem for a long time and finaly recalled to replace the original Teves caplipers with supposely better designed Akebono calipers. This extended the warping period a bit but did not totally cure it. Switching to ceramic pads was the only cure. I have used Akebono brand and EBC brand ceramic pads both lasting 40,000 + miles each without warping the rotors.

Just used the 'BIG35', $35 off $85 coupon on both fronts and rears ThermoQuiet® NAO Ceramic pads.
Hope these work as good as the Akebonos. Thanks OP!

Fronts $62.99
Rears $55.99
Total = $118.98

-$35 coupon - $30 rabate = $53.98

Anyone know what size a 2004 chevy silverado truck would take?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014