• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Walked into my local Lowes today (So Cal) to buy a $30 closet organizer and end up walking out paying $225 + tax on a Allen + Roth Premium Solid Wood Closet Kit that was originally listed for $449 + tax. They had three different sets of solid wood organizers that were on clearance and if I remember correctly, they were all 40-50% off. The Allen + Roth Premium Solid Wood Closet Kit seemed to be sold out at first so I walked around and found 2 more sets laying on the back wall sitting 20 feet high. I scoured the Lowes website and found that they did not list any of their clearance items online even after searching with the item number. However, I googled it and found this Closet Link The item # that is listed on that link is different from what I have but the closet organizer is identical. Here is what I picked up.

Allen + Roth Premium Solid Wood Closet Kit
Item #322641
MSRP: $449
Clearance Price: $224.50

Includes:

Tower
Drawers
Hardware
Shelves
Rods

Solid wood construction
Complete kit in one box
Fits 6 ft to 10 ft
Easy to install
Full extention heavy duty drawer glides

The picture on their website does not do its justice as it looks much better in person. I've been searching for closet organizers for a year and this is by far the best price I've seen for something of quality such as this. I don't know if this clearance is nationwide so it is a big ymmv but definitely worth a try if you are in the market for a good quality closet organizer.

By the way, the link I posted showed that Puente Hills was sold out which is not true because I picked one up there tonight at 9pm, which was exactly the time they close and they still had two left. If you ask the goons that work there and they tell you its sold out, I'd recommend you to walk around the walls and look up to see if there may be some laying around up there (a picture of the organizer is on the box). If I had listen to the people there, I would've missed this deal. It seemed more like they didn't want to jump on the fork lift to move the 200lb package down for the customer. Good Luck.

Lowe's
See Lowe's discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

sounds like a good price. Green

Maybe it's just me, but most closet organnizer systems from any manufacturer seem to be WAY overpriced to begin with for what you are getting.

Sanitized for your protection ?

I prefer my closets messy and dark.

Way too much fuss (and money) poured over these things.

I dont understand why the red is on? If you dont like the item, thats no reason to give it a red. Its still a good deal, not HOT but still a good deal if you are looking for it.

guptnav said:   I dont understand why the red is on? If you dont like the item, thats no reason to give it a red. Its still a good deal, not HOT but still a good deal if you are looking for it.

This is HOT deals, not good deals. Maybe this should be moved to deal discussion.

guptnav said:   I dont understand why the red is on? If you dont like the item, thats no reason to give it a red. Its still a good deal, not HOT but still a good deal if you are looking for it.

The OP's original title had a bunch of nonsense in it about the deal was so good he peed his pants or something. That's why the red is glowing. The title was changed.

This is a hot deal. When Lowes clearanced out the particle board closet stuff I got a bunch of stuff for my closet at 75-90% off. It may be only half price now, but by the time it is 75% off if you are not ready to pounce there will be nothing left.

MajorDarkside said:   guptnav said:   I dont understand why the red is on? If you dont like the item, thats no reason to give it a red. Its still a good deal, not HOT but still a good deal if you are looking for it.

The OP's original title had a bunch of nonsense in it about the deal was so good he peed his pants or something. That's why the red is glowing. The title was changed.

I simply posted "so hot i wet my pants" and that would hardly seem to qualify to be a "bunch" of nonsense. Ever taken a speech class? Never heard of a attention getter? The thread got red because of all the subsequent posts that followed that were unrelated to the topic that are all deleted now. Lesson learned: never post a provocative topic in the middle of the night.

Anyhow, I thought it was a pretty hot deal considering how long I've been shopping for a quality closet organizer that is easy on the eyes. Since some of you are saying this isn't a hot deal, I'd appreciate some sort of link that would prove otherwise as I have 90 days to return this. I'll check regularly at Lowes to see if the clearance price goes any lower and will update this thread.

OP, green for not wetting your pants.

I "greened" you then caught your "goons" comment. You say you walked in at CLOSING time, then wandered around the store and likely your attitude was like the way you write your comments, I'm sure you treated them like "goons" and are lucky you received any service at all. I apologize in advance if my comments make you urinate in your "Housewife of Puente Hills" panties again.

aznko13e said:   Walked into my local Lowes today (So Cal) to buy a $30 closet organizer and end up walking out paying $225 + tax on a Allen + Roth Premium Solid Wood Closet Kit that was originally listed for $449 + tax. They had three different sets of solid wood organizers that were on clearance and if I remember correctly, they were all 40-50% off. The Allen + Roth Premium Solid Wood Closet Kit seemed to be sold out at first so I walked around and found 2 more sets laying on the back wall sitting 20 feet high. I scoured the Lowes website and found that they did not list any of their clearance items online even after searching with the item number. However, I googled it and found this Closet Link The item # that is listed on that link is different from what I have but the closet organizer is identical. Here is what I picked up.

Allen + Roth Premium Solid Wood Closet Kit
Item #322641
MSRP: $449
Clearance Price: $224.50

Includes:

Tower
Drawers
Hardware
Shelves
Rods

Solid wood construction
Complete kit in one box
Fits 6 ft to 10 ft
Easy to install
Full extention heavy duty drawer glides

The picture on their website does not do its justice as it looks much better in person. I've been searching for closet organizers for a year and this is by far the best price I've seen for something of quality such as this. I don't know if this clearance is nationwide so it is a big ymmv but definitely worth a try if you are in the market for a good quality closet organizer.

By the way, the link I posted showed that Puente Hills was sold out which is not true because I picked one up there tonight at 9pm, which was exactly the time they close and they still had two left. If you ask the goons that work there and they tell you its sold out, I'd recommend you to walk around the walls and look up to see if there may be some laying around up there (a picture of the organizer is on the box). If I had listen to the people there, I would've missed this deal. It seemed more like they didn't want to jump on the fork lift to move the 200lb package down for the customer. Good Luck.

bmwpc said:   I "greened" you then caught your "goons" comment. You say you walked in at CLOSING time, then wandered around the store and likely your attitude was like the way you write your comments, I'm sure you treated them like "goons" and are lucky you received any service at all. I apologize in advance if my comments make you urinate in your "Housewife of Puente Hills" panties again.

Sounds like somebody is having their period. Your dyslexia must be acting up because I cannot find where I wrote "I walked in at CLOSING time" anywhere. I wrote and I quote "picked one up there tonight at 9pm". I love how some people like to be so quick to judge without knowing what the hell they're talking about. I was there initially at 7:30 and I had paid for it and told them I would be back with my truck by 9. I wasnt planning on including the whole story but since you seem to be interested in housewife shows, heres the drama for you.

I found the nearest help and he happened to be on the phone with his "homie". I asked him for help and he put a hand on my face and said to his phone "damn dawg really? Nah shut up foo. I be dere aight. Aight latez foo". Then he told me that if there isn't any boxes below the displays, they are not available. I replied to him I had saw a box up top against the wall that was the one I was looking for. He looked up, made a disgusted face and proceeded to tell me any inventory place on top is on hold for other customers and is not available for sale. So I went and asked another employee for help and they got it down for me without the bs. Went to the cash register to pay for it and had another person act and spoke in the same manner as the first person who helped me.

People like you make me laugh. Thanks for the late night chuckle.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014