• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Budget Moving Truck 20-25% Off Coupon Exp 12/2011
Budget Truck is giving 25% of moving truck rentals with coupon code BD524 pickup on Thur - Sun and 20% on other days with coupon code 20dis www.Budgettruck.com

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
The price may be right, but make sure you call the location to verify that they do indeed have the truck you're reservin... (more)

jblackwood (Nov. 27, 2011 @ 10:09a) |

If you don't need a tall truck, but are definitely moving long distance, consider Enterprise. They have unlimited mileag... (more)

osuuma (Nov. 27, 2011 @ 10:55a) |

Thanks OP. I was able to use the 20% code on Budget (which was already the lowest price I found). I then called Penske... (more)

marteen5640 (Dec. 13, 2011 @ 2:39p) |

25% is active on sun-thurs pickup through end of year

20% is only active until May 25th but good for any day of week
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The website is giving me an error that it doesn't recognize code BD524.

Whoops! We don't recognize your code. Please re-type your number...or just leave it blank.

Moving end of this month. Used the 25% off code and it worked fine. $125 cheaper compared to the uHaul quote, and with bigger truck and more days/mileage included! Thanks, MrC.

Timely deal, I'm planning to move at the end of the month. This ended up being a few dollars cheaper for my local move, yet I'd rather drive a clean and newer Budget truck instead of the decrepit trucks U-haul usually rents. Thanks OP!

I'm trying to reserve for pick-up and return on Saturday. Getting the following with BD524: "Whoops! We don't recognize your code. Please re-type your number...or just leave it blank."

OP may have gotten it backwards. Appears to be 25% Sun-Thur. 20% on weekends.

thx mr. c, this makes budget hundreds cheaper than penske, uhaul, and ryder

Also, confirmed with above poster:

25% is active on sun-thurs through end of year, 20% is only til May 25th and on any day.

I know he's a pro, but kudos to OP for putting "like UHaul" in his title for search purposes.

I got the same response when I tried to use the discount code.

To clarify, I was referring to the "do not recognize your code..." response.

Just out of curiosity, why am I getting a 235 mile allowance in my Budgettruck quoted price for a one-way move that is only 135 miles give or take? Otherwise, coupon works well for a Thurs - Saturday, first week of June!

jOnshaw said:   Just out of curiosity, why am I getting a 235 mile allowance in my Budgettruck quoted price for a one-way move that is only 135 miles give or take? Otherwise, coupon works well for a Thurs - Saturday, first week of June!

Who cares it's free mileage! I got 60+ extra miles on a 80ish mile move.

BD524 worked for me for 25% off cargo van.
Pretty much the same price as a homedepot truck (they have free miles)
Homedepot it's $19.95 for the first hour and $10 for each additinal hour.
I need the truck for 2-3 hours and driving 32 miles, total with budget wwith recovery fees $39.43
But I can keep it longer, so no stress.

BD524 worked for me for 25% off cargo van.
Pretty much the same price as a homedepot truck (they have free miles)
Homedepot it's $19.95 for the first hour and $10 for each additinal hour.
I need the truck for 2-3 hours and driving 32 miles, total with budget wwith recovery fees $39.43
But I can keep it longer, so no stress.

but i heard homedepot rental covered the cost of gas too. So I think homedepot's is a better deal for shorter time. Half an hr driving (subtracted from half an hour load/offload) is like $10 in gas.

How much is the recover fees and tax on budget? After coupon, budget maybe cheaper than uhaul but it could be more expensive after higher recovery fee and other fees on budget.

Thanks, saved 20% on top of Budget's 20% online special! Great deal for one-way.

Do you have any coupon codes for discounts on out of state moves.

Are there any discounts or coupons for out of state moves?

Both of those codes work for out of state moves.

Thanks OP!

make sure you try out lots of scenarios before booking
last time i used them it was significantly cheaper to return to the same place I picked it up than another place.
also getting it in the morning saved a bunch over getting it the night before
all depends on your situation of course but even picking up at different locations the rates were different.

*those of you that have Chase Ink Business Credit Cards that are part of the Mastercard Easy Savings will get 5% refunded to your credit card if you are part of that program.

kept on getting errors with the coupon codes

Experience was pretty horrible with Budget. Took over an hour to get me out the door, and I was the only customer there. Got a truck with 150k miles on it that the gas pedal was malfunctioning on. The car dolly did not fit my car despite all their records saying it would.

When i returned the car dolly it took them over two hours to figure out how to refund it while i sat and waited.

I guess theres a reason places like Penske charge a premium.

When I put in the code, it works, and I made a reservation for a 1 way move. The quote was for $324.

I confirmed it with a credit card, printed it, then immediately logged in to look at the reservation, and it says $400!! Does anyone have any ideas?

Call their toll-free number to inquire. Unlike some places I've always had good luck talking with someone there.

I used ebates.com to get 2.5% Cash Back and the code BD524 worked for me

BD524 didn't work for me. Best discount I've found for the move I'm pricing out is the Entertainm3nt book. You can find their discount here if you have an Entertainm3nt book.

BD524 worked for me on a one-way rental from Atlanta to Orlando next week. There is another 25% code MID25 but only good for local rentals.

I'm doing a one-way move this week (moving my daughter back from college). It's only about 50 miles, so not a great distance. I got online quotes for Budget (Thurs for $59.25 using code BD524, Fri for $67.15 using code 20DIS), then called U-Haul. They quoted $78 for either day. I mentioned the Friday quote from Budget (Friday works better for my schedule). He went offline for several minutes, then came back with a quote of $62.40, which is exactly a 20% discount. He also upped the mileage limit from 65 to 85 miles, after I mentioned that Budget had unlimited mileage. Definitely pays to get some competitive quotes

one way move here and it worked for me. from $284 went down to $213 with BD524 code. unlimited miles. Uhaul was quoting $377 for same dates and miles restrictions.

Gracias amigo! Saved a ton and unlimited mileage too!

1I* just used this code and from tampa florida to youngstown ohio, 5 day rental was $199, yes $199 I do not beleive it myself

Significantly cheaper than the competition here in Sacramento. I've had so-so results with Budget in the past. One time, they couldn't give me the truck I asked for because the fuel line had been cut, so they had to give me a 24' truck instead. I think they closed that location. We'll see how the other location is. Definitely going for a Budget corporate location, because when something goes wrong, they can actually do something for ya vs telling you to go call customer service.

Just an FYI, Penske will match Budget prices or get very close. I got a 16' truck from West Palm Beach to Chicago for $500 inc. tax. Was $850 but Penske came very close to Budget price. Penske trucks are newer (mine had less than 5k miles) and drivers only need be 18 or older. Budget drivers have to be 24 or older.

thx OP. You just saved me $178.35 from MN to NC.
I'll send the check.

So glad I googled a discount code for Budget/Uhaul. Found this page and got the discount code for Budget on a 26' truck going from Tulsa to Greenville, SC. But, because I prefer Uhaul, I called them and asked them to match the price...they matched and BEAT it...so bottom line is that Uhaul's initial rate was $857. Budget offered 718.50 and Uhaul countered with 685.00. So, I saved $187.

How did you get the codes to stack? I could only find a place to enter 1 code online. Thanks!

I wonder why the codes work for some and not others. The code definitely did not work for me.

Just wanted to thank MISTERCHEAP! The code saved me $200 over Penske's best price, and $350 over Uhaul's best price for the exact same truck size and one-way trip length.

Skipping 3 Messages...
Thanks OP. I was able to use the 20% code on Budget (which was already the lowest price I found). I then called Penske and told them of this low price I was getting from Budget and got them to beat that by another 10%, bringing my total move from New Orleans to D.C down almost $300 from all other online quotes I saw.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014