• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Title says it all.

Available both B&M and Costco's site.

Adorama also has it at same price. UPDATE (3/24): Adorama is now $80 cheaper (no SD card / Nikon school kit)

Good part of the deal is you don't have to deal with the 18-105 kit lens.

4GB SD card and Nikon School kit included.

Update (3/30): Costco OOO online. Adorama price back up to $1800. Seems like deal is dead.

Adorama
See Adorama promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Nikon D7000
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Employs newly developed Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor.
New image-processing engine "EXPEED 2" that achieves high image quality, high-speed image processing, multi functions and efficient energy saving.
Wide sensitivity range of ISO 100 to 6400, expandable to Hi 2 (ISO 25600 equivalent).
Newly developed AF system featuring 39 focus points including 9 cross-type sensors in the center of the frame.
Scene Recognition System with improved accuracy by utilizing newly developed 2,016-pixel RGB sensor.
Full HD (1,9201,080, 24p) movie-recording function "D-Movie", compatible with external stereo microphone featuring high image quality and operability.
Viewfinder employing glass pentaprism features approx. 100% frame coverage and approx. 0.94x high-magnification
Light and rugged magnesium alloy employed for top and rear covers. Secure sealing achieves superior weather-resistant and anti-dust capabilities
Double SD card slots, SDXC compatible
Multi-Power Battery Pack MB-D11 that employs magnesium alloy for exterior cover features seamless switching of power feeding with the battery of the D7000.

I've never used the D7000 but I have the lens and love it.

LorenPechtel said:   I've never used the D7000 but I have the lens and love it.Did Nikon fix the lens creep defect on the VRII version of that lens? I have the Nikon 18-200 VR1 and the zoom will move in/out if you tilt it up or down. Very dissapointed with it. They agreed to "tighten" it under warranty, but they said the problem will eventually come back.

Or you can get it at Amazon for $100 cheaper with FS and no tax (for most) AC.

D7000: $1189.99 + 18-200VRII: $758.34 - Coupon code: LDZ2K39H $250 = $1,698.33

They also have coupon codes for most of the popular lenses, so you can pick which lens you want and apply the discount.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1079461/

c3688t said:   LorenPechtel said:   I've never used the D7000 but I have the lens and love it.Did Nikon fix the lens creep defect on the VRII version of that lens? I have the Nikon 18-200 VR1 and the zoom will move in/out if you tilt it up or down. Very dissapointed with it. They agreed to "tighten" it under warranty, but they said the problem will eventually come back.

Reportedly the lens creep is still there but they have a zoom lock at 18mm on the newer version which is sort of a half-fast fix.

Scumbag said:   Or you can get it at Amazon for $100 cheaper with FS and no tax (for most) AC.

They also have coupon codes for most of the popular lenses, so you can pick which lens you want and apply the discount.

Have you actually gotten that deal on Amazon to work? Doesn't seem to work for me. I don't see Nikon D7000 body sold by Amazon.

Or just buy it from Adorama for $1698.95 no shipping or tax. They ship the same day the order is made which is a lot faster than Amazon. I ordered the d7000 body with the 18-200mm lens on March 2nd, UPS tracking shows March 9th delivery. This is really the only way to go with this outfit, the kit lens is a waste.

thsze said:   Scumbag said:   Or you can get it at Amazon for $100 cheaper with FS and no tax (for most) AC.

Have you actually gotten that deal on Amazon to work? Doesn't seem to work for me. I don't see Nikon D7000 body sold by Amazon.

I made my order on Friday just fine. Go Here and click away. The D7000 is actually $1 cheaper than when I ordered it on Friday.

Update:
If you just want the body and not the lens, search D7000, click on "XX used and new" on the right, then click on Show "Free Super Saver Shipping offers only". You'll have to add it to your cart to see the price.

dougpaw57 said:   Or just buy it from Adorama for $1698.95 no shipping or tax. They ship the same day the order is made which is a lot faster than Amazon. I ordered the d7000 body with the 18-200mm lens on March 2nd, UPS tracking shows March 9th delivery. This is really the only way to go with this outfit, the kit lens is a waste.

I ordered the same thing (except I ordered 4 Nikon lenses total) from Amazon 2 days after you and UPS says it will be delivered today which is 2 days sooner than when you'll get yours. That's with FSSS.

That's fast enough for me, YMMV.

Yeah, I always use the free shipping at Amazon, which is slow. Actually the shipping isn't slow, it just takes them 4-5 days before they ship the free shipping orders. Free shipping at Adorama is same day UPS.

dougpaw57 said:   Yeah, I always use the free shipping at Amazon, which is slow. Actually the shipping isn't slow, it just takes them 4-5 days before they ship the free shipping orders. Free shipping at Adorama is same day UPS.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. In my case they shipped out very fast. Also Amazon seems to be shipping them from OK as compared to Adorama which ships from NJ. So if you live in the middle or west coast, you may get them faster from Amazon. I have nothing bad to say about Adorama. I've ordered a ton of stuff from them and they have always treated me right.

The one thing I like Amazon for is the 3% I get back with the Amazon VISA card. The reason I went with Adorama this time is that Amazon didn't have the Epson R1900 printer and I wanted the Epson $400 rebate with SLR deal. I have the Epson 1400 but I always wanted the R1900.

Looks like Amazon deal is dead.

Link provided by scumbag states: Offer valid through February 26, 2011

Adorama does still have the combo at $1700.
Costco deal has 4GB card, Nikon school kit and Costco return policy. Is it worth $100? Maybe, maybe not.

thsze said:   Looks like Amazon deal is dead.

Costco deal has 4GB card, Nikon school kit and Costco return policy. Is it worth $100? Maybe, maybe not.

I thought about the Costco one, but tax kills the deal. $165.75 in CA!

thsze said:   Looks like Amazon deal is dead.

The deal isn't dead, it's just a matter of being able to navigate around all the 3rd party vendors to find the products sold directly by Amazon as I haven't been able to find direct links. The first link is handy for checking what Amazon has in stock, and the prices appear to be the same (and you don't have to enter a coupon code). They appear to be OOS on the D7000 right now from what I can tell. You can go here and find the coupon codes that are reportedly good through March 26th.

c3688t said:   LorenPechtel said:   I've never used the D7000 but I have the lens and love it.Did Nikon fix the lens creep defect on the VRII version of that lens? I have the Nikon 18-200 VR1 and the zoom will move in/out if you tilt it up or down. Very dissapointed with it. They agreed to "tighten" it under warranty, but they said the problem will eventually come back.

I've never noticed this.

LorenPechtel said:   c3688t said:   LorenPechtel said:   I've never used the D7000 but I have the lens and love it.Did Nikon fix the lens creep defect on the VRII version of that lens? I have the Nikon 18-200 VR1 and the zoom will move in/out if you tilt it up or down. Very dissapointed with it. They agreed to "tighten" it under warranty, but they said the problem will eventually come back.

I've never noticed this.
From my 6 months of use I can predict (hopefully I'm wrong) that if you use it much then you will experience it.

Nikon is raising their prices due to the tsunami.

Bummer.. That Amazon deal would have been great, it's expired now. Anyone know of a similar deal put there? I'm think about Costco, but paying sales tax on something that expensive is a drag.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014