• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This should work at all the listed locations

Some may not be listed here,check their website for store locations
http://www.patelbros.com/ourstores.html

For those of you non Desi folks who still like to buy Indian Groceries this may work great.

For anyone who does not know what Holi is I got this from Wikipedia

The main day, Holi, also known as Dhuli Vandana in Sanskrit,also Dhulheti, Dhulandi or Dhulendi, is celebrated by people throwing coloured powder and coloured water at each other. Bonfires are lit the day before, also known as Holika Dahan (burning of Holika) or Chhoti Holi (little Holi). The bonfires are lit in memory of the miraculous escape that young Prahlad accomplished when Demoness Holika, sister of Hiranyakashipu, carried him into the fire. Holika was burnt but Prahlad, a staunch devotee of god Vishnu, escaped without any injuries due to his unshakable devotion. Holika Dahan is referred to as Kama Dahanam in South India.

Member Summary

Patel Brothers (105.17kB)
Thanks MarsdenFubar
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Theoretically, yes. But other last names do not have these initials in abundance. Specially,

I. M. Patel
U. R. Patel
V. R. ... (more)

aarzi (Mar. 23, 2011 @ 3:03p) |

Google VM Patel in Orlando...


Also, this thread has made my night...

Any Floridians on here???

hirenrp (May. 05, 2011 @ 8:07p) |

I tried googling. Not sure what I am looking for.

aarzi (May. 05, 2011 @ 10:16p) |

Sale Runs from 3/11 - 3/27 (just FYI)

Various user recommendations for cooking tips:

http://www.youtube.com/user/vahchef

http://www.youtube.com/user/showmethecurry & www.showmethecurry.com

http://www.sarojscookbook.com/

http://padmasrecipes.blogspot.com/

http://www.themahanandi.org/ & www.nandyala.org/mahanandi (old site)

http://mayakaimal.com/

No love for Houston.

Hey, they have all store listed on the website, this should not be too far
Patel Brothers
16338 Kensington Dr.
Unit #130 Sugarland, TX 77479
281.980.1181

Thanks for the link OP

Now I just need to get invited to a Holi party.

Wow, I think this is the first time I'm seeing a PATEL brothers "hot deal" on FW.

Thanks OP

In fine print at the bottom right : "Sale valid at above locations only"

Anyone knows the start and end date?

What is Holi?


Yom kippur for hindus

Its a indian festival when you become holy.

Thanks..

Thanks OP for posting the flyer, however the Sale prices are not so attractive.

while we are on this discussion any Cash Back or coupons?

Hey my last name is mentioned on FW, first time in over 10 yrs.

ach1199 said:   Hey my last name is mentioned on FW, first time in over 10 yrs.

I second that.. Exiting times..

ach1199 said:   Hey my last name is mentioned on FW, first time in over 10 yrs.

You and every other Indian person. I kid, but seriously, half of the Indian people I know have Patel as a last name.

could someone please recommend a good website/book/forum/blog for learning how to cook indian food?

yes i know i can search, but im crowdsourcing here

On Youtube, search for VahChef or ShowMeTheCurry. Both of these cover veg and non-veg dishes and Indian sweets/desserts. Another one is SarojsCookBook.

For a moment I thought your last name was Holi.

ach1199 said:   Hey my last name is mentioned on FW, first time in over 10 yrs.

darkfyre said:   could someone please recommend a good website/book/forum/blog for learning how to cook indian food?

yes i know i can search, but im crowdsourcing here

Show Me The Curry Great videos and they try to Keep It Simple Stupid (Learnt quite a few dishes from them while being "impacted by the economy". Their tangy paneer recipe is really good)

coolmind said:   Anyone knows the start and end date?
3/11 to 3/27


Mahanandi site is awesome for recipes. Here is link to Current/Old Site. New site is going to be here.

archena said:   Hey, they have all store listed on the website, this should not be too far
Patel Brothers
16338 Kensington Dr.
Unit #130 Sugarland, TX 77479
281.980.1181


I didnt see sugarland on the advertisement. I will call and check. I live in sugarland... Good to see desis on fatwallet.

usalian said:   [

I didnt see sugarland on the advertisement. I will call and check. I live in sugarland... Good to see desis on fatwallet.


FW has tons of Desis. Check travel discussion thread on travel to India. Also Calling to India threads...

rbraden said:   ach1199 said:   Hey my last name is mentioned on FW, first time in over 10 yrs.

You and every other Indian person. I kid, but seriously, half of the Indian people I know have Patel as a last name.
And most of their names, including initials are (I kid you not!):

Read out loud:

B. A. Patel
R. U. Patel (?)
I. M. Patel
B. U. Patel (?)
N. E. Patel (?)
V. R. Patel
U. R. Patel (yay!)
C. U. Patel
I. C. Patel (who doesn't? there are so many)
V. C. Patel (like I said...)

and some unprintables...

Awesome OP

It is so good to see that u and i are among like ones

jigsaw1975 said:   Yom kippur for hindusWhat's Yom kippur?



On a side note,
the estimate of Hindu population in the world is 850M - 1,000M
the estimate of Jewish population in the world is 14M - 18M

haramkhor said:   Awesome OP

It is so good to see that u r among like ones
Somehow I doubt that there are many here who are haramkhor...

gujugirl said:   ach1199 said:   Hey my last name is mentioned on FW, first time in over 10 yrs.

I second that.. Exiting times..
Third!

Although no deal for me since the Edison, NJ location isnt listed. Not a problem though since there is enough competition to being prices down in Edison.

what about theier on-line store?

what about their on-line store?

aarzi said:   haramkhor said:   Awesome OP

It is so good to see that u r among like ones
Somehow I doubt that there are many here who are haramkhor...


you would be surprised !!

To be a true fatwallete'r, you have to be a haramkhor or aspiring to be one !

KayK said:   gujugirl said:   ach1199 said:   Hey my last name is mentioned on FW, first time in over 10 yrs.

I second that.. Exiting times..
Third!

Although no deal for me since the Edison, NJ location isnt listed. Not a problem though since there is enough competition to being prices down in Edison.


I am Punjabi but married a Patel girl (boy did her family have a fit over that). Anyway, I'm Edison the best store IMO is Apna. Bazaar on Oaktree. Great prices, plenty of parking (not like Patel Bros.) and good quality.
Edison in the house...

Just chiming in to show support to the Patel community. We got a flyer in the mail a couple of days back for our local Patel Brothers in Charlotte, NC. We are a part of the deal.

mushman said:   KayK said:   gujugirl said:   ach1199 said:   Hey my last name is mentioned on FW, first time in over 10 yrs.

I second that.. Exiting times..
Third!

Although no deal for me since the Edison, NJ location isnt listed. Not a problem though since there is enough competition to being prices down in Edison.


I am Punjabi but married a Patel girl (boy did her family have a fit over that). Anyway, I'm Edison the best store IMO is Apna. Bazaar on Oaktree. Great prices, plenty of parking (not like Patel Bros.) and good quality.
Edison in the house...


So you must know Raas Bhangra now as opposed to Raas Garba

Green for posting this. I'm going to send it to all my Patel friends!

Kem Cho? Majama.

Skipping 26 Messages...
hirenrp said:   Google VM Patel in Orlando...
I tried googling. Not sure what I am looking for.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014