• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hulu Plus FREE for one month to IE9 users beginning March 28th
Beginning March 28th, one month of Hulu Plus will be free to IE9 users who pin and access the offer through the Jump List.

Microsoft and Hulu to offer IE 9 users a month of Hulu Plus subscription for free.All you need to need to do is pin the Hulu website to your Windows 7 task bar. The offer should become available in IE's Jump List starting March 28th.

Link [windowsteamblog.com]
http://windowsteamblog.com/ie/b/ie/archive/2011/03/15/fast-is-no...
There are other offers available for IE9 users.

thanks sechd

Member Summary

right click the icon to get the jumplist
Thanks SUy81
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I tried Hulu Plus for one month..... I went back to Hulu Free, I got more content.

poison7FL (Apr. 02, 2011 @ 5:46p) |

What is the FPS of Hulu now. Last time I tried it it was something around 15 and I couldn't watch it for more than a cou... (more)

TellyTubby (Apr. 02, 2011 @ 7:53p) |

Must be your computer. Get a new video card, one that supports Adobe's "Stage View" HW-accel video decoding with Flash P... (more)

VirtuaL (Apr. 05, 2011 @ 3:29p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

is this possible in xp if i download ie9?

wakeupjon said:   is this possible in xp if i download ie9?

Cant install ie9 on an xp system it wont let you. Its 2011 time to move on.

Uzfresh1978 said:   wakeupjon said:   is this possible in xp if i download ie9?

but, but ... ie6...

So, how do you get this?

There's a quote in the video in the OPs link. In it is says "IE9 will change the Web forever..."

until IE10.

or 11

proudly using IE6, the browser with non conforming code.

Don't force updates and update service and I would. I tried to install IE7, it gave box to not run updates but it did anyway so I cancelled. I'm curious if and what differences on consumer custom control was changed from ie6 to ie9, locked down more? DRM controlled? more holes to spy with?

XP is fine, no sir, I won't unnecessarily support the tech industry's buy cycle.
XP usage 66%, Vista/7 is 34%, Seems tech wants payday.

Is this offer available to those who already did the standard 1 week trial?

FrugalFreak said:   proudly using IE6, the browser with non conforming code.

Don't force updates and update service and I would. I tried to install IE7, it gave box to not run updates but it did anyway so I cancelled. I'm curious if and what differences on consumer custom control was changed from ie6 to ie9, locked down more? DRM controlled? more holes to spy with?

XP is fine, no sir, I won't unnecessarily support the tech industry's buy cycle.
XP usage 66%, Vista/7 is 34%, Seems tech wants payday.

XP is on 66% of all PCs is that what you are saying? Windows 7 is def more than 34%. Also unless you are rocking a p4 and a gig of DDR my machine quad core and 8gb ram runs much faster with 7 than xp

Right on, dude. Even my boss has moved to Windows 7 (and he is a dinosaur when it comes to new non-Apple OS)

anyone get this to work? downloaded/installed ie9 and pinned but no offers yet

nay.... give me free win7 first.... then i'll pay for hulu, how about that?

BUMP.. it's a day late, but it's up and good to go now. Have HULU on the jumplist, right click, and at the top, click on "Get a Free Month of Hulu Plus"

Can someone please explain to me how to get the jump list to work. I went to hulu.com and click on the little "h" logo and dragged it to my ie9 bar. I undersatand this is how to pin hulu to ie9. When I right click on that pinned link, all I get is a standard right click menu that shows up the same for all of the sites I have pinned. Clearly I am doing something wrong. I used to be tech savvy, but I must just be getting old!

donrull said:   Can someone please explain to me how to get the jump list to work. I went to hulu.com and click on the little "h" logo and dragged it to my ie9 bar. I undersatand this is how to pin hulu to ie9. When I right click on that pinned link, all I get is a standard right click menu that shows up the same for all of the sites I have pinned. Clearly I am doing something wrong. I used to be tech savvy, but I must just be getting old!
What version of Windows are you using?

Windows Vista 64bit. I did figure out that I was supposed to drag the "h" down to my Windows task bar. However, even when doing this this list does not display what it is supposed to when right clicking.

donrull said:   Windows Vista 64bit. I did figure out that I was supposed to drag the "h" down to my Windows task bar. However, even when doing this this list does not display what it is supposed to when right clicking.

After dragging the H down to the Windows Task Bar, I LEFT clicked on it to launch Hulu in IE9 and got the offer to sign up for a free month of Hulu Plus. A credit card is required.

When I left click, the Hulu page opens up but the only offer is for 1 week free. I don't mind giving them a credit card, I just want the free month!

Credit card number required so they can start billing after your one month free trial. Just FYI.

I tried Hulu Plus for one month..... I went back to Hulu Free, I got more content.

What is the FPS of Hulu now. Last time I tried it it was something around 15 and I couldn't watch it for more than a couple of minutes. Friends have made the same observation.

TellyTubby said:   What is the FPS of Hulu now. Last time I tried it it was something around 15 and I couldn't watch it for more than a couple of minutes. Friends have made the same observation.

Must be your computer. Get a new video card, one that supports Adobe's "Stage View" HW-accel video decoding with Flash Player.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014