• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
This worked for me on May 15, 2012. Had a flat tire and when I called, the lady said it would be $59 PLUS $40 for "same-day" service (since I was not a member). Went online with NEWHOME promo in SC, and it worked like a charm, plus gave me same day benefits. THANKS Fatwallet!!

rated:
Anything for Texas ?

rated:
Anything for Texas ?

rated:
Are you guys getting so many flats and breakdowns that you really need AAA?

rated:
No way to put in a code for OH

rated:
"NEWHOME" is still working as of 5/18/2012 in North Carolina. $49 for my wife and I for 14 months (with auto-renewal).

rated:
Toddler said:   Are you guys getting so many flats and breakdowns that you really need AAA?

One tow is worth the price. The discounts are pretty good as well. The travel magazine also has some good info.

rated:
Any promotion for North Jersey

rated:
05/19/2012
The AAA Plus Membership in Carolinas by using NEWHOME: $79, Additional Member Fee: $5, Enrollment Fee: $0, Total: $84 for 14 months.

jdthebum said:   "NEWHOME" is still working as of 5/18/2012 in North Carolina. $49 for my wife and I for 14 months (with auto-renewal).

rated:
Thank you. This also works for Texas. Great Discount. I got basic membership plus 2 months free and a free additional person for $47.00.

rated:
Anything in California? I'd love to have this as a just-in-case for my drive up north

rated:
Illinois - $57 for 12 months plus $12.50 for spouse

rated:
yakky said:   Toddler said:   Are you guys getting so many flats and breakdowns that you really need AAA?

One tow is worth the price. The discounts are pretty good as well. The travel magazine also has some good info.

The towing I understand, but I pay $4/month to Sprint ($48/year) for their service, and they just send out AAA. Just used them last week, in fact, to come change a flat tire in my driveway. So I'm seriously wondering what would be better about AAA. I don't need magazines, but discounts could be good. However, I have never seen a AAA rate on hotel (for instance) that I couldn't beat some other way on my own.

rated:
I am 100% agree with Toddler on AAA part. I am planning on a vacation and trying to buy the AAA membership but when I look at the Membership pricing it drives me nuts. I use Progressive as my Insurance and pay just 6-8 bucks for 6 months for roadside assistance which covers 100 miles towing where as AAA covers 5 miles for $66??? Plus it covers only one person? I may buy premier if I get it for $50 because its worth only for that price compare to other deals out there in the market.... Those are my two cents...

rated:
vpdsouza said:   I am 100% agree with Toddler on AAA part. I am planning on a vacation and trying to buy the AAA membership but when I look at the Membership pricing it drives me nuts. I use Progressive as my Insurance and pay just 6-8 bucks for 6 months for roadside assistance which covers 100 miles towing where as AAA covers 5 miles for $66??? Plus it covers only one person? I may buy premier if I get it for $50 because its worth only for that price compare to other deals out there in the market.... Those are my two cents...
Exactly what I was thinking. Why would I do this when I have it for $6 per car per year through Amica (my car insurance) for a tow up to 50 miles and up to $100 expense allowance per disablement???? That would be the only reason for my joining AAA. I can get maps online and via GPS. I get cheaper hotels through Priceline. Sad to say, but in my opinion, if you do your work, you can outdo AAA almost in every account. imho

rated:
jdthebum said:   "NEWHOME" is still working as of 5/18/2012 in North Carolina. $49 for my wife and I for 14 months (with auto-renewal).
Sweet! I'm in NC too, but only need 1 membership. I just signed up using code CN12, and got a 14 month Plus Membership with auto-renew for $54.50! Would normally be $89.00 with membership plus enrollment fee. Woot!

rated:
Any codes for MD? Their websites offers $66 plan for 13 months for 2 drivers, should I bite?

rated:
Anything for Texas ?

rated:
Snikki said:   Anything for Texas ?
tntpell post above maybe. good luck.

rated:
Any deals in TN for renewal of AAA? Just wondering before moving forward.

rated:
hazardous said:   vpdsouza said:   I am 100% agree with Toddler on AAA part. I am planning on a vacation and trying to buy the AAA membership but when I look at the Membership pricing it drives me nuts. I use Progressive as my Insurance and pay just 6-8 bucks for 6 months for roadside assistance which covers 100 miles towing where as AAA covers 5 miles for $66??? Plus it covers only one person? I may buy premier if I get it for $50 because its worth only for that price compare to other deals out there in the market.... Those are my two cents...
Exactly what I was thinking. Why would I do this when I have it for $6 per car per year through Amica (my car insurance) for a tow up to 50 miles and up to $100 expense allowance per disablement???? That would be the only reason for my joining AAA. I can get maps online and via GPS. I get cheaper hotels through Priceline. Sad to say, but in my opinion, if you do your work, you can outdo AAA almost in every account. imho

Sure you can get better absolute deals on hotels, dining, etc. But AAA works nearly EVERYWHERE with no forethought required. Most people aren't even aware of how many places give AAA discounts (and many do not advertise the fact). It doesn't take very long to recoup the yearly dues.

Also - not sure how it is with your car policy - but AAA covers ANY vehicle you might be in, and there is no waiting for reimbursement. When I had towing for example on my old policy they paid it, but I had to wait 2 weeks to get a check in the mail.

rated:
No claim on your insurance if you use AAA, when you use your insurance for a tow guess what?

rated:
About six months ago, I made a table of the various membership fees (Regular, Plus, Premier) charged by various clubs around the country. The prices vary greatly from club to club. Some clubs require you to have RV/motorcycle coverage to get Plus or Premier, others don't offer RV/motorcycle at all. Surprisingly the most expensive areas to live (e.g. SoCal, NYC) did not necessarily have the highest AAA membership dues. No idea where that table is now, I had made it while I had some spare time waiting for someone during the winter.

rated:
Why is there never anything for CT?

Anybody know any codes for CT?

rated:
In need of a promo code for MA nothing seems to work for me! new membership please

rated:
I have tried all the recent codes nothing working

rated:
miniblt said:   In need of a promo code for MA nothing seems to work for me! new membership please

AAA discounts are specific for each club. Which club are you looking for? AAA Pioneer Valley, AAA Central Massachusetts, AAA Merrimack Valley, AAA Southern New England, etc.?

rated:
any codes for Georgia???

rated:
Watch out for AAA offers these days. I got a "discount" (we want you back) offer in the mail the other day and almost took them up on it until I read the "fine print."

Basic account only allows towing to the "garage of the towing company who was dispatched to your location." No longer will they even tow you to your service guy, home or car dealer, only to the place of the towing company. There used to be a mileage limit now (at least in the Northern NJ area) you have no option of where to be towed.

This may only apply to "discount" deals but read the fine print before paying because it could end up costing you big bucks to get your car from the towing company (who can charge you storage fees) and the place you really want it to be.

rated:
NEDeals said:   miniblt said:   In need of a promo code for MA nothing seems to work for me! new membership please

AAA discounts are specific for each club. Which club are you looking for? AAA Pioneer Valley, AAA Central Massachusetts, AAA Merrimack Valley, AAA Southern New England, etc.?

Southern New England please

rated:
A savings on the basic membership in Massachusettes?? Help I need it like now!! Thank you

rated:
For the Pioneer Vally area sorry

rated:
MisterEd said:   Watch out for AAA offers these days. I got a "discount" (we want you back) offer in the mail the other day and almost took them up on it until I read the "fine print."

Basic account only allows towing to the "garage of the towing company who was dispatched to your location." No longer will they even tow you to your service guy, home or car dealer, only to the place of the towing company. There used to be a mileage limit now (at least in the Northern NJ area) you have no option of where to be towed.

This may only apply to "discount" deals but read the fine print before paying because it could end up costing you big bucks to get your car from the towing company (who can charge you storage fees) and the place you really want it to be.

Looks like the towing-to restriction is dependent on the AAA servicing the area...

TOWING:If your car requires towing, the Club will provide eligible vehicles one tow per breakdown to either the servicing facilityís station (if they provide repair services) or to a destination within three driving miles of the point of breakdownText. For towing to any other destination, the Club covers the charge for the hook-up and the first three miles of towing. Beyond three driving miles of towing, you will be charged the service providerís normal commercial rate per mile or fraction thereof, not to exceed $3.00 per mile. The Club will not reimburse such mileage charges.

Source: http://www.autoclubmo.aaa.com/memberserv/handbook/roadserv/type_...

rated:
any for NC?

rated:
Veeekay said:   MisterEd said:   Watch out for AAA offers these days. I got a "discount" (we want you back) offer in the mail the other day and almost took them up on it until I read the "fine print."

Looks like the towing-to restriction is dependent on the AAA servicing the area...

TOWING:If your car requires towing, the Club will provide eligible vehicles one tow per breakdown to either the servicing facilityís station (if they provide repair services) or to a destination within three driving miles of the point of breakdownText. For towing to any other destination, the Club covers the charge for the hook-up and the first three miles of towing. Beyond three driving miles of towing, you will be charged the service providerís normal commercial rate per mile or fraction thereof, not to exceed $3.00 per mile. The Club will not reimburse such mileage charges.

Source: http://www.autoclubmo.aaa.com/memberserv/handbook/roadserv/type_...

Correct, as I stated in my post it may be by area, however I am referring to PROMOTIONAL signups not "FULL RATE." As I wrote, mine was a "we want you back" offer with that restriction.

rated:
I used to belong to AAA, but one year my car insurance agent explained that for an additional $15 per year on my car insurance, I get towing for up to 100 miles, roadside assistance including delivery of 5 gallons of gas, and a bunch of other benefits I forget at the moment. Even at the AAA discounted price, it's far cheaper to carry this on the car insurance.

rated:
paratoke said:   jdthebum said:   "NEWHOME" is still working as of 5/18/2012 in North Carolina. $49 for my wife and I for 14 months (with auto-renewal).
Sweet! I'm in NC too, but only need 1 membership. I just signed up using code CN12, and got a 14 month Plus Membership with auto-renew for $54.50! Would normally be $89.00 with membership plus enrollment fee. Woot!

This code looks invalid now. Now "RADIO" works for NC! Great rate for plus membership!

rated:
Need one for washington state

rated:
steelycat said:   Illinois - $57 for 12 months plus $12.50 for spouse

What site or code?

Tried but I couldn't get a deal for illinois

rated:
newhome still works for NC

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.