• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
How about Washington State....any codes?

rated:
any codes for Alabama?

rated:
NC - kid just locked keys in car so I just signed up - code RADIO took 50% off & code NEWHOME took care of enrollment fee. My total was 24.50. It is active as soon as you sign up but will cost 40.00 if used in the 1st 24 hours. I called instead of using link. The agent knew nothing about the codes, so I had her put them in and all worked great.

All my codes came from here - thanks to all who posted.

rated:
how do you enter the code? I searched for both "coupon" and "promotion" on the sign up web pages (both the page where I enter my name/address) and the one where I enter credit card info... didn't find anywhere to enter the code.

rated:
blueribb said:   My auto insurance coverage (State Farm) includes "emergency road service" and the cost is only $1.80 every 6 months. You submit copies of towing receipts from any towing company and the insurance company will reimburse you directly. At least that's what I was told on the phone today.

Everyone should check their auto insurance policy to see if this is already included. Now I have to find a few 24-hr towing company phone numbers to carry with me in my wallet.


when you use that that add as a claim also

rated:
deleted.

rated:
want to register. Who knows the coupon code for Northern California?

rated:
gift12 - minus $17 in N.CA

rated:
Did anyone find a place on the website to enter a coupon code for southern cal? The TV offer link gives $49 and you get a travel coffee cup.

rated:
notnow said:   How about Washington State....any codes?

Sadly, there are never any working codes for Washington. I think the best you can get is they cut the fee for putting an additional member on, was $17 or so.

rated:
For those in PA.

I always call in when renewing and tell them I want the deal( name the ADVERTISED DEAL from another state) , and want to add myself and my husband for a NEW membership.
So far never been refused whatever deal I asked for. Have to admit I always buy the PREMIER membership

rated:
I don't get it. Geico charges $15 a year per car. Why is AAA membership worth it?

rated:
MitchFlorida said:   I don't get it. Geico charges $15 a year per car. Why is AAA membership worth it?

Apart from car related service benefit, I always buy my movie tickets from them. They are usually 7 or 8 $ for any show (no restriction). This is almost 50% discounted price.

rated:
I used to like AAA for their trip maps, but for goodness sakes, we have Mapquest for that. And smart phones.


I have also heard that AAA underpays the towing services so you are always the last to be helped. Geico is pretty good about paying the tow guys $50, at least that is what they tell me.

rated:
AAA is doing some down and dirty tricks here in Florida.... The FDOT has a free roadside assistance (Gas/Tires changed) on major interstates, and when a AAA customer calls for service, AAA calls the free service trucks to respond instead of going out, and still counting that against the customers calls.. So, if you are in an area that is covered by Road Ranger, Don't pay for roadside assistance, unless you plan on more than gas/tire changes.

In short, you pay for AAA, they call FDOT to send a free service sponsored by Florida Taxpayers, or you can save AAA fees and just call *FHP from your cell phone when on a major interstate.

rated:
I'm a member of AAA Mid-Atlantic. I find it better to sign up as a new member each year, rather than renew.

I usually wait for the day after my membership expires, and sign up again with a different variation of my name, and abbreviate my address slightly differently.

Current promos for new members of AAA Mid-Atlantic are: Free associate membership included, 13 month term for the first year and $5.00 discount for auto-renew (I will call to cancel auto-renew).

rated:
ZombieHunter said:   AAA is doing some down and dirty tricks here in Florida.... The FDOT has a free roadside assistance (Gas/Tires changed) on major interstates, and when a AAA customer calls for service, AAA calls the free service trucks to respond instead of going out, and still counting that against the customers calls.. So, if you are in an area that is covered by Road Ranger, Don't pay for roadside assistance, unless you plan on more than gas/tire changes.

In short, you pay for AAA, they call FDOT to send a free service sponsored by Florida Taxpayers, or you can save AAA fees and just call *FHP from your cell phone when on a major interstate.


The service is just for being stranded on the interstates. Doesn't help you anywhere else, so I am not sure what your point is.

rated:
MitchFlorida said:   ZombieHunter said:   AAA is doing some down and dirty tricks here in Florida.... The FDOT has a free roadside assistance (Gas/Tires changed) on major interstates, and when a AAA customer calls for service, AAA calls the free service trucks to respond instead of going out, and still counting that against the customers calls.. So, if you are in an area that is covered by Road Ranger, Don't pay for roadside assistance, unless you plan on more than gas/tire changes.

In short, you pay for AAA, they call FDOT to send a free service sponsored by Florida Taxpayers, or you can save AAA fees and just call *FHP from your cell phone when on a major interstate.


The service is just for being stranded on the interstates. Doesn't help you anywhere else, so I am not sure what your point is.


The point is (read my original post again, if needed)... If you are broke down on the interstate... AAA is calling a free service paid for by the taxpayers of Florida, instead of going out. So, to recap, you pay for AAA, they send out a free service... I understand the free service is limited to interstates, but MOST people only use AAA on the interstates. Do you get my point? If not, Keep sending your yearly fees to AAA, and waiting hours for them to arrive.. I don't care.

rated:
ZombieHunter said:   MitchFlorida said:   ZombieHunter said:   AAA is doing some down and dirty tricks here in Florida.... The FDOT has a free roadside assistance (Gas/Tires changed) on major interstates, and when a AAA customer calls for service, AAA calls the free service trucks to respond instead of going out, and still counting that against the customers calls.. So, if you are in an area that is covered by Road Ranger, Don't pay for roadside assistance, unless you plan on more than gas/tire changes.

In short, you pay for AAA, they call FDOT to send a free service sponsored by Florida Taxpayers, or you can save AAA fees and just call *FHP from your cell phone when on a major interstate.


The service is just for being stranded on the interstates. Doesn't help you anywhere else, so I am not sure what your point is.


The point is (read my original post again, if needed)... If you are broke down on the interstate... AAA is calling a free service paid for by the taxpayers of Florida, instead of going out. So, to recap, you pay for AAA, they send out a free service... I understand the free service is limited to interstates, but MOST people only use AAA on the interstates. Do you get my point? If not, Keep sending your yearly fees to AAA, and waiting hours for them to arrive.. I don't care.


so what happens if your car breaks down at home? lockouts? dead battery? I honestly don't know anyone who has called AAA on the interstate. They've mostly been used (among my acquaintances) for dead batteries/lock outs.



Here's a different question for you FW'ers: I've already hit my 4 service calls/year. Anything I can do to prevent myself from getting raped by $60 service calls, aside from not calling AAA?

rated:
you can get allstate motor club for a year for $52, so switch to them. or get it through your insurance company.

rated:
I signed up for a special 1yr for free several months ago and nothing. You get what you pay for but that's pretty sad that they didn't honor the offer. Not sure it's worth all the junk mail even for free.

rated:
NeuroSynapsis said:   ZombieHunter said:   MitchFlorida said:   ZombieHunter said:   AAA is doing some down and dirty tricks here in Florida.... The FDOT has a free roadside assistance (Gas/Tires changed) on major interstates, and when a AAA customer calls for service, AAA calls the free service trucks to respond instead of going out, and still counting that against the customers calls.. So, if you are in an area that is covered by Road Ranger, Don't pay for roadside assistance, unless you plan on more than gas/tire changes.

In short, you pay for AAA, they call FDOT to send a free service sponsored by Florida Taxpayers, or you can save AAA fees and just call *FHP from your cell phone when on a major interstate.


The service is just for being stranded on the interstates. Doesn't help you anywhere else, so I am not sure what your point is.


The point is (read my original post again, if needed)... If you are broke down on the interstate... AAA is calling a free service paid for by the taxpayers of Florida, instead of going out. So, to recap, you pay for AAA, they send out a free service... I understand the free service is limited to interstates, but MOST people only use AAA on the interstates. Do you get my point? If not, Keep sending your yearly fees to AAA, and waiting hours for them to arrive.. I don't care.


so what happens if your car breaks down at home? lockouts? dead battery? I honestly don't know anyone who has called AAA on the interstate. They've mostly been used (among my acquaintances) for dead batteries/lock outs.

Here's a different question for you FW'ers: I've already hit my 4 service calls/year. Anything I can do to prevent myself from getting raped by $60 service calls, aside from not calling AAA?


Apparently, you are the second person who fully didn't read, or understand my post... Ignore my post, keep your AAA, and be happy.

As for your second question.. Get a new car, keep gas in it, and stop locking yourself out.

rated:
How about this for an idea? If your car won't start, have a friend help you push it to the nearest interstate, and then you can call for the free towing service.

rated:
MitchFlorida said:   How about this for an idea? If your car won't start, have a friend help you push it to the nearest interstate, and then you can call for the free towing service.

Funny thing is, people do that... I have had many many people push their cars up exit ramps to get a gallon of gas. It amazing to see how many people abuse the system by calling for gas every half hour when they run out.

rated:
ZombieHunter said:   
As for your second question.. Get a new car, keep gas in it, and stop locking yourself out.


Or I can get AAA

I both read and understood your post and you failed to address the scenarios where your plan to get rescued by tax payer funded tow trucks would fail miserably.

Was your post was intended to be read in the following manner?

IF you are a AAA member and get stranded on the highway, do not call AAA. Call FDOT directly and save your service call.

rated:
NeuroSynapsis said:   ZombieHunter said:   
As for your second question.. Get a new car, keep gas in it, and stop locking yourself out.


Or I can get AAA

I both read and understood your post and you failed to address the scenarios where your plan to get rescued by tax payer funded tow trucks would fail miserably.

Was your post was intended to be read in the following manner?

IF you are a AAA member and get stranded on the highway, do not call AAA. Call FDOT directly and save your service call.


Perfect example of what is wrong with our country...

rated:
I was going to join AAA, but I wanted to save some $$$ so I joined AA instead.

Then when my car broke down, I called my "sponsor" and said I had an "emergency". When my sponsor showed up and tried to give me a pep talk and ask me if I felt I was going to give into temptation, I just said "Naa, I'm ok, btw, do you have any jumper cables?"

rated:
ZombieHunter said:   NeuroSynapsis said:   ZombieHunter said:   
As for your second question.. Get a new car, keep gas in it, and stop locking yourself out.


Or I can get AAA

I both read and understood your post and you failed to address the scenarios where your plan to get rescued by tax payer funded tow trucks would fail miserably.

Was your post was intended to be read in the following manner?

IF you are a AAA member and get stranded on the highway, do not call AAA. Call FDOT directly and save your service call.


Perfect example of what is wrong with our country...


Yup, I am everything that is wrong with this country.

rated:
Don't forget to tell your auto insurance that you have AAA coverage. They'll lower your rate.

rated:
looking for promo code for new AAA membership in NY. where can I find valid codes?

rated:
Looking for a code for NJ. Anything? I've been searching all over the internet and have come up empty. Looking to buy a premier membership as a gift for someone.

rated:
Hi my name is Sabrina and Iam interested in your services but I'm trying to find a discount for two people and Iam a 1st time customer. I would want the premium package deal so do you have a code for that Membership. I live in Elizabeth City, NC 27909.

rated:
Anyone successful in applying these retroactively? Joined AAA about a month ago for full price (the wife did)....

rated:
MT12 still works for AAA Carolinas - 50% off

rated:
thanks!

pamraj said:   MT12 still works for AAA Carolinas - 50% off

rated:
pamraj said:   MT12 still works for AAA Carolinas - 50% off

Awesome!

Starting a new membership and been holding out - old membership has been expired about a year.

rated:
Anybody ever see a code for Georgia// AAA South I think?

rated:
I'm hoping to find a code for NY? Anyone?

rated:
I can justify AAA membership with this benefit. Sprint. $100 service credit per line, waived activation fee ($36) and 10% off each month.. My family plan is like $140 a month for a two year contract..

http://savings.chicago.aaa.com/Default.aspx?DID=300583

expires 4/11/13... fine print says new customers and Illinois only (you have to change the location to see your state) and 10% off isn't on the second line...

rated:
AAA NY Auto Club Discount
-Full year for $48.
-Waived enrollment fee (save $10).
-Add Household Driver for $12.50 each (half price).
-Current members can call and add members for 1/2 price.

EXPIRES 5/31/13

go to: aaa.com/joinnow
use priority code" VP15

or call 866.254.6780

printable coupon here

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014