• filter:
  • 123 4 549
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
tembenite said:   FYI, for anyone else who is wondering.

You can successfully download & install the Amazon application to the Android Emulator and get the free "Angry Birds Rio" app.

Why would you do this? Well, I don't have a Droid phone yet, but I'll be getting one soon.

If Amazon follows their normal pattern, once this is purchased I will be able to re-download it. Aka, I can install this later on my real phone.

Even if it doesn't work, I'm not out anything. Maybe this might help someone else.

Try these directions.

Edit after seeing previous post on same subject.

rated:
rayfor said:   damn, I am waiting for my Dell Streak to come...

You should still be able to create the Appstore account and "buy" the free app-a-day to build up your collection in the store, I believe.

rated:
aquilum said:   AT&T blocks AppStore install - what a shame!!
Great post anyway, thanks OP!

Google Nexus One running gingerbread FTW.

Screw AT&T and their iron fist. I don't like carrier crap on my phone. Oh, and tethering on a not-rooted, stock gingerbread is, FTW.

I'm loving these free apps each day. I may never buy another app again!

rated:
Today's free ap is "Diner Dash 2"

Diner Dash 2: Restaurant Rescue is an addicting game of micro-management. You play the action-packed role of waitress-in-charge: seat customers, take orders, serve the food, accept payment, and ensure the table is cleaned up and ready for the next customer. Experience the intense, in-the-moment life of a waitress as you keep an ever watchful eye on your customers and do everything in your power to keep them happy and tipping big!

rated:
Murrow said:   Today's free ap is "Diner Dash 2"

Diner Dash 2: Restaurant Rescue is an addicting game of micro-management. You play the action-packed role of waitress-in-charge: seat customers, take orders, serve the food, accept payment, and ensure the table is cleaned up and ready for the next customer. Experience the intense, in-the-moment life of a waitress as you keep an ever watchful eye on your customers and do everything in your power to keep them happy and tipping big!

Wow, I'm all for freebies, but I've gotta skip this one. Who actually pays money for this crap? I also deleted the WSOP game because it is huge bloatware. Glu Games is getting a bad rep in my mind based upon their free offerings from Amazon.

rated:
Wow, I'm all for freebies, but I've gotta skip this one. Who actually pays money for this crap? I also deleted the WSOP game because it is huge bloatware. Glu Games is getting a bad rep in my mind based upon their free offerings from Amazon.

agreed 100%

rated:
idrobnjak said:   agreed 100%

Then just click the green "+" button and leave it at that.

rated:
Awesome, another farmville-like piece of crap again today.

rated:
They have the Newsweek app as well now...

rated:
Today's free app is not worth installing. There are plenty of better news apps that have "current" news. Better ones are CNN, MSNBC, even local news stations have apps that are better.

rated:
Worked fine for me...thanx OP!!!

rated:

rated:
Today's free app is Soundhound Infinity, which is a Shazam competitor:

SoundHound Infinity is instant music search and discovery, with the world's fastest music recognition. It is the ultimate music app, ad-free with unlimited usage and premium features. Say it, tag it, sing it, hum it, or type it -- SoundHound Infinity offers every gateway of music search. Boasting the world's fastest music recognition, the world's only sing and hum recognition, and voice-directed search, it lets users find and explore music faster than ever before with rich content including cover art, videos, lyrics, song previews, recommendations, tour dates, and more, all with one tap access.

rated:
Now up, Fruit Ninja

Playing with your food might not seem like a Crucial part of ninja training, but as the good folks at Halfbrick Studios will tell you--for ninjas, it's more than just a game. All ninjas hate fruit! Join the ninja clan as you slash your way through three modes of juicy gameplay. You'll soon see that Fruit Ninja is the messiest, most satisfying fruit game ever! Enter the dojo of the wise ninja sensei to hone your deadly fruit-slaying skills. Learning to play is easy: just swipe your finger across the screen to carve gruesome, juice-splattered smears out of hordes of apples, watermelons, coconuts, and other ninja foes. Fruit Ninja is an addictive, fun, casual game that brings a splash of bright color to your Android mobile screen.

rated:
surfsidebeach said:   rayfor said:   damn, I am waiting for my Dell Streak to come...

You should still be able to create the Appstore account and "buy" the free app-a-day to build up your collection in the store, I believe.

I agree.

Since my android tablet is at home, I may not remember to get it when i get home, so at work, i just go and "purchased" the app of the day on a pc browser and it will stay on my account. When i get to the tablet I can download and install even days later.

rated:
Angry Birds Rio is also available in Android Market now. For those who do not like Amazon app store, you can download it from Android Market.

I download the Angry Birds Rio from Android Market, then remove the Amazon AppStore. So now the game is able to run even without Amazon AppStore installed.

rated:
Longbean said:   I download the Angry Birds Rio from Android Market, then remove the Amazon AppStore. So now the game is able to run even without Amazon AppStore installed.
Was Angry Birds Rio the only game you downloaded from Amazon's App Store? I've used half a dozen of the apps they've given away.

The free app today is WeatherBug Elite.

rated:
Today's free app is "Flight Control"... reg. price 2.99

rated:
surfsidebeach said:   Today's free app is "Flight Control"... reg. price 2.99

Daughter playing it now...says it is fun...

rated:
I see the quick summary was updated for Angry Birds Rio as today's free app. Kinda sucks as it has been free everyday since the beginning. Makes me wonder if they are going to take these 10 or so apps and cycle through them often -- or if they will generally introduce new free apps....

rated:
I think Amazon is saying that today is the last day that Angry Birds Rio will be free. Sucks that they do not also have a new free app today instead of advertising a repeat.

rated:
Backbreaker Football is today's free app...

rated:

rated:
Today's ap is "PicSay Pro" which is normally 3.99.

PicSay Pro is a fun, easy way to jazz up your photos with all sorts of special effects. Using PicSay Pro's comprehensive range of graphic options, you can make your photographs even more memorable. PicSay Pro's photo effects palette gives you an almost endless array of possibilities. Best of all, PicSay Pro is super-easy to use, so you don't have to be a professional photographer to make full use of its features.

The reviews on both the Android Market and on Amazon are very good. So, I'd say this one is worth a try.

rated:
This has been an amazing deal so far... yesterday's Akinator is actually very fun... It was entertainment for the last two days for my wife and I. The X Contruction that is free today was no benefit to me, because I had bought it already on the Market. It is one of my top 3 favorite android games, well worth the $1.49 much less the free price today.

rated:
ZENONIA 2 is free today, was $4.99

rated:
jmel said:   If the app store is not present, apps from the store will not run.

I uninstalled the app store because I didn't want it running at start up or reactivating itself over and over, and I didn't want to have to tweak the phone to stop this.

Had I known it was going to do this, I would not have installed it.

So after uninstalling the app store, angry birds Rio was next.

I'll stick to android marketplace. Green for op regardless.

I guess this is why I am getting the "App not Owned" message when I try and run AB Rio now, huh?

rated:
The free app for today is Solitaire Megapack, normally $2.99:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004JQ1V6I

rated:
They keep pumping out great apps... I will enjoy having this "locker" full of apps for time to come. Today's app is Trillian, a $5 app. Hoping they do MixZing at some point, among a few other paids apps in which I use the free version of now (seems almost too good to be true... they are paying 20% of the app to the dev through all this!)...

rated:
nice, been waiting for trillian. pleasant surprise.

rated:
aniPet Aquarium Live Wallpaper is free now, was $1.99

rated:
mo5les said:   aniPet Aquarium Live Wallpaper is free now, was $1.99
Thanks for the reminder! I got it and my kids love it.

rated:
Nearly a month into it and Amazon is still cranking out good apps... today's is a premium grocery list regularly $2.99. I get more use out of some than others -- such as the Wordsmith, the Akinator, etc... but overall this has been an amazing deal (not that free could be anything but amazing)....

rated:
There are thousands of good apps for Android. The Amazon deal with developers pretty much lets Amazon give away whatever they want.

rated:
johnny98 said:   There are thousands of good apps for Android. The Amazon deal with developers pretty much lets Amazon give away whatever they want. ...but they are still paying the developers 20% of the list price from what I understand... which IMHO would be a lot more than they would get on there own (plus the apps are showing up on the top of the "paid" list for even more exposure. Correct me if I am wrong...

rated:
4/21 - The Secret of Grisly Manor (was $0.99):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FOA84A/

rated:
4/22 - TuneIn Radio Pro (was $0.99) today FREE

rated:
thanks!

I use the free version, so a free upgrade to the pro version works for me!

rated:
What are the differences between pro and the original version? Thanks

rated:
dealchaser72 said:   What are the differences between pro and the original version? Thanks
Recording is one.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 123 4 549
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014