• filter:
  • 12 3 4547
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
ricrick said:   thanks, op. DLed to a rooted NookColor...

Can you tell me how. I rooted my nook the easy way without installing ABD. Would it work for me?

rated:
FYI, for anyone else who is wondering.

You can successfully download & install the Amazon application to the Android Emulator and get the free "Angry Birds Rio" app.

Why would you do this? Well, I don't have a Droid phone yet, but I'll be getting one soon.

If Amazon follows their normal pattern, once this is purchased I will be able to re-download it. Aka, I can install this later on my real phone.

Even if it doesn't work, I'm not out anything. Maybe this might help someone else.

rated:
johnny98 said:   Installed on my Nook Color with no problems. Check the box in your device settings to allow 3rd party app installation.

AT&T sucks for not allowing 3rd party apps. But people should have known that before buying from AT&T.

Can't finde that box under settings. Where is it? Thanks.

rated:
Big problem here - so I gave my old droid to my teenage son. Issue here is that in order for me to install the Amazon app store, you MUST sign in with an Amazon account AND it automatically enables 1-click for apps. AND THERE'S NO SIGN-OUT OPTION! Which means that my teen son would be able to install any app he wants.

De-registering the phone or uninstalling the app, disables the downloaded apps. And no way to enter a dollar restriction or disabling purchases for a device.

Great for me, but useless for kids. On grapple devices at least I have to enter a password to purchase new apps, even free - not here...

rated:
The workaround posted earlier does work on ATT phones. I actually discovered this myself using the same method the link details. I think it just plain sucky on ATT's part.

rated:
rbraden said:   allowing a company to trademark something like "app store" is insane. They sell applications, which basically everyone calls "apps" and has since the 1970s or earlier (when spreadsheets were a "killer app"). So something ridiculously obvious plus "store"? Why not trademark "music store" or "video store"? It doesn't even come close to passing the "not obvious" test.

Yeah, that would like someone trademarking the word "Word". (OK, yes, I stole that joke from TNT)

rated:
Thanks a lot, OP!

rated:
If the app store is not present, apps from the store will not run.

I uninstalled the app store because I didn't want it running at start up or reactivating itself over and over, and I didn't want to have to tweak the phone to stop this.

Had I known it was going to do this, I would not have installed it.

So after uninstalling the app store, angry birds Rio was next.

I'll stick to android marketplace. Green for op regardless.

rated:
Side Load Wonder Machine worked like a charm, thanks.

inspirom said:   At&t has disabled installing apps from third party. I just googled and found a way to install angry birds Rio on my captivate. Here is the link

rated:
thanks got it

rated:
hi, though it seems a bitter fantasy, but I wish that will come true

rated:
Thanks OP. Picked it up as well!

rated:
tembenite said:   FYI, for anyone else who is wondering.

You can successfully download & install the Amazon application to the Android Emulator and get the free "Angry Birds Rio" app.

Why would you do this? Well, I don't have a Droid phone yet, but I'll be getting one soon.

If Amazon follows their normal pattern, once this is purchased I will be able to re-download it. Aka, I can install this later on my real phone.

Even if it doesn't work, I'm not out anything. Maybe this might help someone else.

I am getting the LG Optimus V in the next week or so. I am going to do exactly this and hope for the best. Thanks for the idea.

rated:
rsuaver said:   Big problem here - so I gave my old droid to my teenage son. Issue here is that in order for me to install the Amazon app store, you MUST sign in with an Amazon account AND it automatically enables 1-click for apps. AND THERE'S NO SIGN-OUT OPTION! Which means that my teen son would be able to install any app he wants.

I installed the Amazon Appstore yesterday and I could swear I was prompted with an option about staying signed in or remembering password or something like that

rated:
rsuaver said:   Big problem here - so I gave my old droid to my teenage son. Issue here is that in order for me to install the Amazon app store, you MUST sign in with an Amazon account AND it automatically enables 1-click for apps. AND THERE'S NO SIGN-OUT OPTION! Which means that my teen son would be able to install any app he wants.

De-registering the phone or uninstalling the app, disables the downloaded apps. And no way to enter a dollar restriction or disabling purchases for a device.

Great for me, but useless for kids. On grapple devices at least I have to enter a password to purchase new apps, even free - not here...

just go to manage applications and clear data.

rated:
Rio plays great on my CM7 (nightly 29) flashed Nook. With original, Seasons, and now Rio installed the birds should stay angry for quite some time.

rated:
Anyone find the privacy policy for glu games? Just want to see how they are using my phone's identity, if I don't opt for any additional services, online, etc.

rated:
wow with all these free Android apps, I might have to delay my upgrade to Iphone...maybe Amazon hates Apple secretly...

rated:
I couldn't get the app store to work on my rooted Color Nook (ver. 1.1.0).

rated:
Got it thanks, Had to follow instructions on how to set up Amazon app store, but was easy and painless. Droid Incredible. Verizon. App is fun, but seems a little easier that the original.

rated:
Just a small FYI. The Poker game is 246 MB in size. Practically the largest game I've downloaded to my phone to date!

rated:
DaMadIzms said:   Just a small FYI. The Poker game is 246 MB in size. Practically the largest game I've downloaded to my phone to date!

Yeah, I think I'm going to pass for that very reason.

rated:
I am not digging the Amazon app store app. It has to run in the background when you use one of their apps which is just lame. I am guessing they are collecting a lot of data from the phones.

Apple's trademark app for 'app store' was rejected b/c it was considered too generic; Microsoft filed a summary judgment in opposition of the trademark. They countered by saying that that generic terms like 'windows' have been trademarked.

rated:
worked like a charm, thank you OP

rated:
zzzpcpzzz said:   Apple's trademark app for 'app store' was rejected b/c it was considered too generic; Microsoft filed a summary judgment in opposition of the trademark. They countered by saying that that generic terms like 'windows' have been trademarked.

You're a bit mistaken. Apple was awarded the trademark, and MS filed a brief opposing the award (nothing has yet come of MS's challenge).

rated:
Thanks OP, keep up the great work!

rated:
damn, I am waiting for my Dell Streak to come...

rated:

agree there should be a password confirmation option to purchase apps. however is your son that irresponsible? personally i would tell my kid to check with me before buying any app and anything he buys comes out of his allowance/paycheck/savings etc. even if he went on a crazy app buying spree it's not like he can run up any charge that selling off something like his nintendo ds or something on craigslist wouldn't cover. let him learn about personal responsibility/accountability.

rated:
blankblank said:   agree there should be a password confirmation option to purchase apps. however is your son that irresponsible? personally i would tell my kid to check with me before buying any app and anything he buys comes out of his allowance/paycheck/savings etc. even if he went on a crazy app buying spree it's not like he can run up any charge that selling off something like his nintendo ds or something on craigslist wouldn't cover. let him learn about personal responsibility/accountability.

I'm sure plenty of parents who have had problems have had similar thoughts. The "free" Smurfs game is almost always in the top-ten revenue-generating apps in Apple's App Store.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1367940/Apple-clo...

rated:
Airport Mania: First Flight ($0.99) is also available for free currently:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004L5WS2S/

rated:
slickdeal45 said:   zzzpcpzzz said:   Apple's trademark app for 'app store' was rejected b/c it was considered too generic; Microsoft filed a summary judgment in opposition of the trademark. They countered by saying that that generic terms like 'windows' have been trademarked.

You're a bit mistaken. Apple was awarded the trademark, and MS filed a brief opposing the award (nothing has yet come of MS's challenge).

I stand corrected. Thanks.

rated:
ilu1234 said:   rsuaver said:   Big problem here - so I gave my old droid to my teenage son. Issue here is that in order for me to install the Amazon app store, you MUST sign in with an Amazon account AND it automatically enables 1-click for apps. AND THERE'S NO SIGN-OUT OPTION! Which means that my teen son would be able to install any app he wants.

just go to manage applications and clear data.

Sure - however in order to use any games from the Amazon market you must log back in....

rated:
Angry Birds!Angry Birds!Angry Birds!

rated:
thanks for nice post,looks nice, love them

rated:
richardyc said:   wow with all these free Android apps, I might have to delay my DOWNgrade to Iphone...maybe Amazon hates Apple secretly...

Fixed it for you. Obvious typo. Happens to me all the type. Mean to type down and somehow it comes out as up.

rated:
Doodle Jump [Apps for Android], Price: $0.00
Sold By: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

rated:
Brvtvs said:   richardyc said:   wow with all these free Android apps, I might have to delay my DOWNgrade to Iphone...maybe Amazon hates Apple secretly...

Fixed it for you. Obvious typo. Happens to me all the type. Mean to type down and somehow it comes out as up.

QFT

rated:
For Nook users....I had the same issue and found this excerpt HERE...I will try it out but people have confirmed this works...

at first i got the same error; after downloading the APK from my email; but then i went to "nook color tools" then reclicked "Allow Non-market Apps". Then went back to the download and installed. Had no issues since, including installing all three angry birds and another mail program.

Edit - I got it to work on mine by following these directions.
Another win for Nook Color folks!

rated:
Today's freebee is Shazam Encore, which is normally $4.99. It's an ap that will identify a song that is playing.

Love that tune you're hearing in the car or restaurant? Use Shazam to identify the song in moments! Shazam will quickly become invaluable for "tagging" songs at parties, in restaurants and night clubs, or even on the street. This premium version of Shazam offers even more than the free version. With unlimited usage, plus all of Shazam's core features, Shazam Encore gives you the ultimate music journey experience.

rated:
3/26 SwiftKey Keyboard Reg. 1.99

Using artificial intelligence breakthroughs, the SwiftKey keyboard accurately predicts your most likely next word based on what you've already written. It can also scan your sent messages, and learn as you use it to make predictions even more accurately over time. The more you get to know your SwiftKey keyboard, the more it will get to know you.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 12 3 4547
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014