• filter:
  • 1 234547
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I'm not going to continually update with which game it is each day, so check the link below or quicksummary to see what's free today.

Link

The easiest way to get it is to just go to Amazon.com/appstore on your mobile phone. From there, install the Amazan app store and it's right on the front page once you've installed and open the app store.

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

Angry Birds (16.05kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
9/16 Polar Bowler 1st Frame was - $0.99
4.0 out of 5 stars
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FOU1O3S/ref=mas_fad_tp

A Po... (more)

VegasVegan (Sep. 16, 2014 @ 9:20a) |

9/17 Toy Defense 2 was - $1.99
4.0 out of 5 stars
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00COO2D6O/ref=mas_fad_tp

The outcom... (more)

VegasVegan (Sep. 17, 2014 @ 9:46a) |

9/18 Elements War was - $0.99
2.6 out of 5 stars
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BXPU01U/ref=mas_fad_tp

The "Elemen... (more)

VegasVegan (Sep. 18, 2014 @ 9:53a) |

Lugs has created Twitter and Facebook accounts that automatically post the daily free app:
http://twitter.com/appstore_free     

http://www.facebook.com/AndroidFreeApps.net     

There is also an Android app for notifying you of the daily free app:
XDA link     
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.raue.freeappnotifier     

For those that use RSS readers, you can follow the official twitter feed with this URL:
https://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/amazonappstore.rss     

------------

Instructions for installing Amazon Appstore on your Android device are here     

For those of you on AT&T and wonder why you can't get this to work, the answer is simple. Most AT&T phones will not work with the Amazon App Store (link . This is slowly being resolved with new phones and updates to old phones

------------

2011 Apps     

2012 Apps     

2013 Apps     

2014 Apps     

September 2014 Apps:

9/1 Montezuma Puzzle Premium 
9/2 Adventures of a Wizard 
9/3 Shards - the brickbreaker
9/4 Down The Hatch
9/5 Captain Fishblock
9/6 Mahjong Sports
9/7 Pettson's Inventions 2 
9/8 Cryptic Escape 
9/9 Castle Doombad 
9/10 Dr. Panda's Hospital 
9/11 Real Steel HD
9/12 R-Type
9/13 Monsters Ate My Birthday Cake
9/14 Doodle Jump SpongeBob SquarePants
9/15 Alarm Clock Xtreme
9/16 Polar Bowler 1st Frame 
9/17 Toy Defense 2 
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
thanks for ur post,I'll go check it out

rated:
I do not understand the appeal of Angry Birds AT ALL.

Yet, I cannot put it down.

rated:
Stupid reception in my office, taking forever.

rated:
Awesome, you will have to install the Amazon app to install this though.

rated:
OP, please add for Android only in title, thanks

rated:

rated:
any way to dl these free apps from Amazon to a computer to put on mobile phone later.

rated:
got it thanks. although I don't see anything new that Amazon appstore offers that can give them a leg up competing with google marketplace...

rated:
uafgrad said:   Nice find. ***** has ALL aps free every day (including all versions of angrybirds), so you may want to check that out too.
I'd rather get it free from an official source than get a pirated copy from a warez site potentially infected with malware.

Here's instructions I got from Amazon for installing the app on your Android device:
Amazon said: Download the Amazon Appstore app immediately by clicking Link Removed from your Android device, or follow the click-by-click guide below.

Click-by-Click Guide

You need to do this only once for each device. The clicks below should take less than 30 seconds.

• Click 1
    Open your device Settings and click "Applications".

• Click 2
    If unchecked, click "Unknown sources". If "Unknown sources" is already checked, skip to Click 4.

Note: AT&T Wireless does not support the Amazon Appstore for Android. See Help for more details.

• Click 3
    Click "OK" on the "Attention" dialog. "Unknown sources" will now have a green check.

• Click 4
    Open your notifications and click the e-mail message from Amazon Appstore.

• Click 5
    Click the link, "Link Removed" The Amazon Appstore app will download to your device.

• Click 6
    Open your notifications and click "Amazon_Appstore.apk".

• Click 7
    Click "Install".

• Click 8
    Click "Open".

That's it!

Sign in with your Amazon.com account and start enjoying thousands of apps for Android.

You need to do this only once for each device.

Moderator Comment: Link removed - members were being charged $1 for clicking on the link. — Feb. 19, 2012 @ 12:52pm
rated:
katzmandoo said:   OP, please add for Android only in title, thanks

Good call. Done.

rated:
Anybody having problems getting the Amazon Appstore to download & install? When I open the URL it says it's starting download but it just sits there. I can download apps from the standard marketplace just fine.

rated:
Works great for me...thanks OP!

rated:
jodykw1982 said:   Anybody having problems getting the Amazon Appstore to download & install? When I open the URL it says it's starting download but it just sits there. I can download apps from the standard marketplace just fine.

I went right to their page and scanned the barcode thingee and it installed in seconds. Took about 1 minute to download Angry Birds on 4G - guess due to traffic.

rated:
From the reviews on Amazon, it also appears to only work if you are in the US. Lots of people were complaining about going through the hassle of downloading the Amazon app manager and then finding out that it doesn't work because they are in a different country.

rated:
In.. worked fine for me all the way through. I'm not an Angry Birds fanatic by any means, but it is a good way to kill some time, and free (and no ads) is the right price!

rated:
Sweet - the Amazon app store will hopefully be better than the crap-arse android market in terms of UI.

rated:
in for one, thanks for the heads up OP!

rated:
Can't install App Store app on an AT&T phone. Are there any tricks to make it work or am I at the mercy of AT&T?

rated:
Thanks OP, always in for free games.

Had to squash Appstore running on boot and on connectivity change, thanks Autostarts!

rated:
thanks OP, love this game!!

rated:
nikkai said:   Sweet - the Amazon app store will hopefully be better than the crap-arse android market in terms of UI.
Yeah looks nice. Too bad Apple is suing Amazon for using the "app store" name. WTF

Good Game!

rated:
One thing anyone forgot to mention is that Am@zon Appstore will ask you to register a credit card # for you to download this free app.

rated:
CycleJoe said:   Can't install App Store app on an AT&T phone. Are there any tricks to make it work or am I at the mercy of AT&T?

You can enable apps from non-market sources, but the process depends on your phone. You will, to the best of my knowledge, need root access to do this on any phone. I suggest going over to the XDA Developers forums and finding the message board for your phone. There you can find instructions on rooting and enabling sideloading.

There will probably be a few steps and some software involved, but it shouldn't be a difficult process.

rated:
I also got "angry birds seasons" from Amazon for free

rated:
ablang said:   One thing anyone forgot to mention is that Am@zon Appstore will ask you to register a credit card # for you to download this free app.

That didn't apply for me. It may be because I logged into my Amazon account which already has a credit card attached. I'd love to meet the FWer who doesn't have an Amazon account already

rated:
scum1 said:   I also got "angry birds seasons" from Amazon for free
angry birds seasons is also free on the regular android market.

rated:
Do I have to purchase it? Confused?

rated:
CycleJoe said:   Can't install App Store app on an AT&T phone. Are there any tricks to make it work or am I at the mercy of AT&T?
I always root my phones but this is one of the reasons I hate that AT&T bought T-Mobile.

Anyway, thanks OP. I had a bit of trouble getting the app store installed (user error) but it seems pretty nice so far.

rated:
dongky said:   
Yeah looks nice. Too bad Apple is suing Amazon for using the "app store" name. WTF

Some of the anger over that amazes me. If a company doesn't attempt to protect its trademarks, it loses them. That's how the law works. It's nothing to get emotional about.

rated:
download it, install it, register yourself, and when you log into the app store, it will show up free and then download it. Great way to waste time , Fun game.

rated:
slickdeal45 said:   dongky said:   

Some of the anger over that amazes me. If a company doesn't attempt to protect its trademarks, it loses them. That's how the law works. It's nothing to get emotional about.

Not to mention that it's the Amazon "Appstore", one word. But why not just call it "Amazon Apps" like the icon says? Meh, whatever.

rated:
Thanks!

rated:
Ikonomi said:   CycleJoe said:   Can't install App Store app on an AT&T phone. Are there any tricks to make it work or am I at the mercy of AT&T?

You can enable apps from non-market sources, but the process depends on your phone. You will, to the best of my knowledge, need root access to do this on any phone. I suggest going over to the XDA Developers forums and finding the message board for your phone. There you can find instructions on rooting and enabling sideloading.

There will probably be a few steps and some software involved, but it shouldn't be a difficult process.

Yep. But be aware that rooting your phone can void any warranty.

What really bites is that you can't buy Angry Birds Rio through the AT&T approved Android market.

AT&T is supposedly "working on" allowing apps from the Amazon Android market. You can sign up to be notified here.

rated:
ablang said:   One thing anyone forgot to mention is that Am@zon Appstore will ask you to register a credit card # for you to download this free app.
I already had a credit card registered with Amazon for all the other shopping I do on their site, so I didn't get any prompt to do so, and thus didn't even know it was a requirement. I imagine that's the case for many other people as well.

rated:
I wonder if these "free" apps will stay with your account if you need to wipe your phone or get a new one. If so, that would be awesome.

Anyone happen to know?

rated:
slickdeal45 said:   dongky said:   

Completely off-topic, but allowing a company to trademark something like "app store" is insane. They sell applications, which basically everyone calls "apps" and has since the 1970s or earlier (when spreadsheets were a "killer app"). So something ridiculously obvious plus "store"? Why not trademark "music store" or "video store"? It doesn't even come close to passing the "not obvious" test.

rated:
CupCak3 said:   I wonder if these "free" apps will stay with your account if you need to wipe your phone or get a new one. If so, that would be awesome.

Anyone happen to know?

It's possible that Amazon will keep track of what you bought and downloaded and how much you paid for it. I assume they do, since they email you a "receipt" even for this free download. In that case, you would be able to replace the app from Amazon in the event of a brick/factory reset/wipe. However, it's possible that, even though they do keep a record of the download, an app that's offered free for a limited time will have to be purchased if you need to download it again.

The safest thing to do is to keep a backup of your applications and user data using Titanium Backup. That way, no matter what happens, you'll be able to retrieve your programs. I have free versions of Dungeon Hunter and QuickOffice that have persisted through two phone wipes thanks to TiBU.

rated:
This should be changed to an ongoing title because a new app will be free EVERY DAY!! Great post OP!! GREEN MANY MANY TIMES OVER.

Skipping 1826 Messages...
rated:
9/18 Elements War was - $0.99
2.6 out of 5 stars
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BXPU01U/ref=mas_fad_tp

The "Elements War" is an addictive chain reaction game with stunning effects such as fire, electricity, storm and so on.

It has Infinite different levels. Try to familiarize with each power source and various aid-items to win over enemies!

Are you read to create a perfect chain reaction?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1 234547
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014