• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Microsoft is having a limited time sale for students on Windows 7 Professional at $29.99 starting today!

http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/us/software/windows/default....

A valid .edu email address required to claim your copy.

If you have any issues with the link then try this one:
click me

See if you qualify

Article from PCMag

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
found these instructions, my friend had bought it and didn't do the iso download, there were three files and this is wha... (more)

AcidSpectrum (Aug. 31, 2011 @ 12:02a) |

Wish I had known of this deal when I purchased a laptop with Windows 7 Pro a month ago. Could've saved 20 dollars by opt... (more)

HiLine (Aug. 31, 2011 @ 12:27a) |

MAKE SURE YOUR SCHOOL DOES NOT HAVE WINDOWS 7 FREE THROUGH THE MSDN-AA PROGRAM 1st!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know, caps, but ser... (more)

bloggingpig (Aug. 31, 2011 @ 9:37p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is UPGRADE!!! OP, please indicate this in your title.

great deal. been waiting for Pro at this price since the last time Digital River ran this promotion, seems like almost 2 years ago. Thanks OP!

fwiw, I never had any problems doing full/clean installs/activations from the Digital River 'Upgrade' ISO files.

FatWallet Thread from last time with direct 32-bit & 64-bit ISO download links and installation instructions including how to install/activate this as a Full Version of Windows 7.

You can also purchase a 32-bit key and a 64-bit key using the same .edu e-mail address. A 32-bit key can be used to install the 64-bit version, and vice-versa.

Sweet in - and upgrade = double install.

is this just an upgrade? or i can use it to install it on my mac? thanks

upgrade from ???

upgrade from windows 7 home

"4.Add Back-up media to your order (optional)"

how much??

You can upgrade from Windows XP or Vista according to the terms.

3. Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional Upgrade (USD$29.99*): Perpetual license, which includes the following application:

* Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional Upgrade*

*You must be a licensed user of one of the following products to be eligible for purchase of Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional Upgrade License.

Qualifying Operating System for purchase of Windows Upgrade License

Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit)
Business (N, K, KN) / NOTE: “N”, “K”, and “KN” are specialized editions available for certain markets
Business Blade PC Edition
Ultimate
Home Premium
Home Basic

Windows XP (32-bit or 64-bit)
XP Professional
XP Tablet PC Edition
XP Pro N
XP Pro Blade PC Edition
XP Home Edition

3 diff cards, "payment authorisation failed". is this something common with this site?

Im not getting an email. How long does it take?

nikkai said:   Sweet in - and upgrade = double install.

details? can you use this for clean installs w/ a XP cd??

deshwasi said:   3 diff cards, "payment authorisation failed". is this something common with this site?

Worked for me on first try.

Is there anyway to get an .edu email address as a non-student? It's the learning-for-life spirit that counts, right?

Does anyone know if there is a limit? Can I buy two or three? Could use them to upgrade a few computers.

nope.. one copy only.

can you pay extra and get a cd? is it 32 or 64?

CAN I UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE BETA VERSION?

xacepro said:   Does anyone know if there is a limit? Can I buy two or three? Could use them to upgrade a few computers.

You can buy one 32-bit version, and one 64-bit version, so 2 total. You'll have to go through the order process twice.

nikkai said:   Sweet in - and upgrade = double install.
Explain yourself.

jakethasnake said:   can you pay extra and get a cd? is it 32 or 64?

$14 more for Disk Kit

2eAN said:   nikkai said:   Sweet in - and upgrade = double install.
Explain yourself.

If you know how to post on Fatwallet then you can use Google.

Thanx. I've been waiting for this one to pop up again myself!
Ron

so this is better than slic2.1 bios?

I bought this when it was first released, and nothing indicated that it was an upgrade version. I did a clean install, and it didn't ask me for any evidence that I owned an old version of Windows. As far as I can tell from the site, this is STILL the full version, and NOT an upgrade.

deshwasi said:   3 diff cards, "payment authorisation failed". is this something common with this site?
Call your credit card company. One of my credit card companies automatically rejects any purchases from DigitalRiver unless I call them first, though I don't recall why. DigitalRiver is Microsoft's official digital distributor, and ANY Microsoft product purchased for download is done through DigitalRiver, so I see no reason to distrust them. I think a few other companies also use them as a distributor.

I've made multiple purchases through DigitalRiver and have never had any problem (aside from with my credit card company).

kungfujoe said:   I bought this when it was first released, and nothing indicated that it was an upgrade version. I did a clean install, and it didn't ask me for any evidence that I owned an old version of Windows. As far as I can tell from the site, this is STILL the full version, and NOT an upgrade.

I also bought it on first release. I was going from XP -> Win7 and at the time I read it worked as a clean install so I formatted and installed win7. But then when I booted into win7 for the first time it said it couldn't find my previous license and wouldnt validate my win7 key.

Had to do this registry edit:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windo...

This is a great deal. Green for OP.

Worked for me, got my e-mail within seconds, completed the purchase in about a minute. I've had an expired windows 7 professional FULL INSTALL for about 6 months, and I put the key in and it fully activated. Didn't have to put in an old Vista key or disc to complete an upgrade.

dchaosdx said:   Worked for me, got my e-mail within seconds, completed the purchase in about a minute. I've had an expired windows 7 professional FULL INSTALL for about 6 months, and I put the key in and it fully activated. Didn't have to put in an old Vista key or disc to complete an upgrade.

expired Windows 7? wow, are we 2020 already?

The purchase limit for this product has been exceeded, no more purchases are allowed

I also got "payment authorization failed". Afterwards, I noticed the Digital River page does not ask for the 3 digit code from the back of the credit card. This is probably why the payment fails each time - most card issuers want this to verify you have the physical card in your possession.

Worked for me just now. Thanks OP.

Thanks OP. Deal worked for me, using my ".alumni.edu" email address. I ordered the 64-bit version btw.

I generally insist on getting an actual disk on these operating system deals. Helpful should you need to do an unplanned reinstall later, or an eventual upgrade to the next latest and greatest version of Windows. Digital River wants an additional $14 for a DVD. Pretty salty if you ask me. At least I see that they give you the option to download an .iso image. Wonder if it's the same as a real upgrade disk, or some odd slip-streamed variant.

I'm running Vista Home on my laptop (T2060 1.60 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM) and haven't decided whether it makes sense for me to upgrade. I Googled for some reviews, which weren't very helpful to me. Any opinions?

I have been waiting for this for some times now. I got one copy to up grade another computer from Vista Home Premium but I needed to do a full install. I think I need to do the same to upgrade from the Vista Basic that I have.

I tried australia.edu, which is suppose to be free, but it never worked for me. they send a confirmation link that never works...

RE: The purchase limit for this product has been exceeded, no more purchases are allowed
I got the same message when I tried the 32bit. Clicked on the buy another product link. Clicked on the 64 bit and it worked like a charm (that is assuming that charms actually work well)

gah... I paid $65 just 2 days ago.

Skipping 121 Messages...
MAKE SURE YOUR SCHOOL DOES NOT HAVE WINDOWS 7 FREE THROUGH THE MSDN-AA PROGRAM 1st!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know, caps, but seriously. A lot of schools have a campus-wide MSDN-AA agreement, which allows any/most students to grab Windows 7 for free like me here. Full copy even, not an upgrade. Windows 2003/2008 Server, too. (And the rest of the programs that MSDN-AA AT YOUR CAMPUS offers - varies!)

Would be very silly to hear that a student paid for it...and it was actually free...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.