• Go to page :
  • 1 2 345
  • Text Only
You guys who were successful just now - do your cards allow online purchases without entering the 3 digit code from the back of the card? I've never made an online purchase without the page asking for that 3 digit code, and the Digital River page DID NOT ask for this.

That is the only thing I can think of that is causing my purchase to hang. I purchased from this same website a year and a half ago with no problems, but no longer have that card. I am using the same australia.edu email as before.

liaw said:   xacepro said:   Does anyone know if there is a limit? Can I buy two or three? Could use them to upgrade a few computers.

You can buy one 32-bit version, and one 64-bit version, so 2 total. You'll have to go through the order process twice.
I just ordered both in the same order. After you get one in your cart, just click "Continue Shopping" to add the other. Have the download links and keys already.

I've tried twice and received the email twice HOWEVER each time I "add to cart" I get the the $79.95 rate -UGH! What am I doing wrong?!?! Is there a PROMO code needed or something? PLEASE help...
THANKS!!!

Wondering if anyone has tried calling the Microsoft Home Store to order from them?

When they did this promotion last time, Digital River was selling the download version online but if you called Microsoft Home Store you could order over the phone (just saying you wanted the $29.99 Win 7 Professional offer for students) and they sent out full, retail versions of the software (including 32bit and 64 bit discs). Just had to pay, if I remember correctly, $4.95 shipping and they were letting people order 2 or more at a time.

oldschooldiva said:   I've tried twice and received the email twice HOWEVER each time I "add to cart" I get the the $79.95 rate -UGH! What am I doing wrong?!?! Is there a PROMO code needed or something? PLEASE help...
THANKS!!!
You are probably adding Microsoft Office to your cart instead of windows 7. Once you login to buy, the main product showing at the top is MS Office. Pay attention and clink on the link for Windows 7 below and to the left.

Just purchased and am downloading ISO now. Super deal.

oldschooldiva said:   I've tried twice and received the email twice HOWEVER each time I "add to cart" I get the the $79.95 rate -UGH! What am I doing wrong?!?! Is there a PROMO code needed or something? PLEASE help...
THANKS!!!

When I clicked add to cart an advertisement for Office came up for $80, is this what you're seeing? I clicked close and then was directed to my cart. Removed the mail disc from the cart and price was $30.

pokumon said:   I tried australia.edu, which is suppose to be free, but it never worked for me. they send a confirmation link that never works...

Send them a $20 "donation" when you register. I bet your .edu address starts working in a matter of hours.

Got "payment authorization failure", when I tried using the same australia.edu e-mail as I did a year ago.
Does this mean that this e-mail is no longer eligible? Why not to say so...

No disrespect. I in my flawed bias opinion find windows 7, increadably hard to work with. And I work with, and build computers. XP is the least troubling system software currently.
However if you like windows 7 go ahead.

Do you have an edu education address? Other reasons maybe, is java turned off, or sun script, or microsoft light. Just click your tool bar to enable them.

I have a Mac and want to try Windows on that. Is there a place to buy cheap XP that i can use as a base to upgrade.
Thanks

drpepper7 said:   I have a Mac and want to try Windows on that. Is there a place to buy cheap XP that i can use as a base to upgrade.
Thanks

You can buy and install this Windows 7 Upgrade version and follow the instructions on the following fatwallet thread to activate it without needing XP: http://www.fatwallet.mobi/forums/expired-deals/953148/?highlight_key=y&keyword1=windows+7

Just so people don't go nuts over this "upgrade". You can perform a clean install, you just need to prepare your media correctly.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/428068-legal...

I prefer method 2 (iso), enjoy.

GideonX said:   Just so people don't go nuts over this "upgrade". You can perform a clean install, you just need to prepare your media correctly.

good to know.

If you work with and build computers, you need to catch up with time and get with the program. Any decent machine now with over 4GB RAM will need Windows 7 64, anddon't say XP x64 because it blows. Windows also supports TRIM, and if you build decent computers, SSD should be part of your build.

irishangel160 said:   No disrespect. I in my flawed bias opinion find windows 7, increadably hard to work with. And I work with, and build computers. XP is the least troubling system software currently.
However if you like windows 7 go ahead.

I'm not sure about this version, but the family pack upgrade let me do a clean install without any mods. Also, I hear that you can do a clean install with upgrade, just don't enter the serial during install. Activate after Windows is installed. I cannot confirm the latter.

GideonX said:   Just so people don't go nuts over this "upgrade". You can perform a clean install, you just need to prepare your media correctly.

Yeah, that's what I was worried about. They claim it's free, but the BS you with confirmation links that don't work, etc., and I'm cheap I guess it might be worth it in the long run if you get in on enough .edu discount deals though... swandown said:   pokumon said:   I tried australia.edu, which is suppose to be free, but it never worked for me. they send a confirmation link that never works...

Send them a $20 "donation" when you register. I bet your .edu address starts working in a matter of hours.

thanks op. in 4 1. nice to have extra win 7 keys lying around.

A few ways to use an upgrade key to do a clean install. The install then upgrade in it's place method is probably the easiest.

Can I install it standalone? Thanks

Install, choose Pro and don't put in the key.
Re-run the setup once it's done, reboot.
Now choose upgrade and enter key.

Clean install, standalone, blah blah blah

I bought the Digital River last time it was offered for ~ $30 and I installed it into a computer and a laptop with 1 installation key and it worked fine. It came with the option of 32-bit or 64-bit installed.

GideonX said:   Install, choose Pro and don't put in the key.
Re-run the setup once it's done, reboot.
Now choose upgrade and enter key.

Clean install, standalone, blah blah blah

The most simplified and easy installation instructions ever. I did the exact thing and it worked perfectly.

Also, when I purchased the Win 7 upgrade, it allow 1 credit card per win 7.

Got one - Nice deal - Thanks OP.

Got one - Nice deal - Thanks OP.

Got 32bit and 64bit with no problem in one order for $60, gave me two keys and two isos to dl

I meant $60, not $6...

How did you get the keys for $6? I got in on the first time around and paid the $14 for the DVD. So now I could just get the key and be good. But the if MS Home Store will send both 32 bit and 64 bit DVDs then that would be good as well. But then I have to worry about KIS installs, CS5 and Office installs. Adobe is very persnickity about upgrades in OS.

Half the people who responded on this thread don't need Windows whatsoever - they need a pc with Chrome OS that has no caps lock key.

Half the people who responded on this thread don't need Windows whatsoever - they need a pc with Chrome OS that has no caps lock key.

Follow GideonX's instructions and you will do fine.

xacepro said:   Got 32bit and 64bit with no problem in one order for $6, gave me two keys and two isos to dl

Please explain?

xacepro said:   Got 32bit and 64bit with no problem in one order for $6, gave me two keys and two isos to dl huh?

I assume he left off a 0 in that price and paid $60. Now to go see if I can find my wife's edu address again.

Success! We'd been talking about upgrading the Vista laptop but weren't willing to pay full price. Glad to see this come back around again.

>>> I bought the Digital River last time it was offered for ~ $30 and
>>> I installed it into a computer and a laptop with 1 installation key
>>> and it worked fine.

Anyone else tried installing with the same key on a desktop AND a laptop?
Does the Activation let it go through?

I bought a 32-bit and a 64-bit last time the deal was on and I can't get any more now because they remember the 2 I already bought.

RKBA said:   I assume he left off a 0 in that price and paid $60. Now to go see if I can find my wife's edu address again.

Yup forgot to add a 0. Thats what happens when I use a phone to type

Are all of you who have a .edu address a current student?

Microsoft said: Offer Eligibility: This offer is available only to eligible students who attend an educational institution geographically located in the United States. This offer is non-transferable. The following conditions serve to define student eligibility for the Promotion:

1. .edu: Individual must possess a valid e-mail address at a U.S. educational institution which contains the domain suffix .edu; OR Pre-Approved School List: Enrolled in a U.S. educational institution included on the pre-approved school list; OR Submission of school enrollment: Submit verifiable school enrollment via the validation process; AND
2. Individual must be a student at a U.S. educational institution and must be actively enrolled in at least 0.5 course credit and be able to provide proof of enrollment upon request.

Microsoft or an appointed vendor may contact you to verify that you are a current student. If documentation is not provided indicating that you are a current student, you will be liable to reimburse Microsoft for the difference between what you paid and the estimated retail price of the software.

I have an old email address at my former university but I'm still in school (@ another US institution). Nothing in this license term states that I have to be enrolled in the university at which I have a .edu address. So I should be good to go, right?

How do I get a .edu eMail addy

yesidonoitall said:   How do I get a .edu eMail addy

Enroll in a school that provides you with one.

I'm not sure how my math is, but it's probably cheaper to just buy Win7 at full price if you are serious.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014